Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Automatic headlight kits now available. Add a modern touch to your 30 year old car (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Automatic headlight kits now available. Add a modern touch to your 30 year old car by seajai
Started on: 07-14-2016 12:40 AM
Replies: 76 (5045 views)
Last post by: rbell2915 on 10-22-2023 10:23 AM
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump my dash is apart to install.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a pretty cool mod

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-12-2017).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Bump my dash is apart to install.

Ready to ship, PM sent.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 1 more kit available for immediate shipment if anyone is interested.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After killing my battery by leaving the light s on I am very interested in this kit. A few questions first; you mentioned a running light option, would that mean the running lights are on all the time when the ignition is on, or is it sensor controlled? And does the stock switch have any use after installing this or does the automatic control everything?
Lastly do the interior lamps still work as intended, turn on when lights come on and dim by turning the dimmer knob?

Thanks
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

After killing my battery by leaving the light s on I am very interested in this kit. A few questions first; you mentioned a running light option, would that mean the running lights are on all the time when the ignition is on, or is it sensor controlled? And does the stock switch have any use after installing this or does the automatic control everything?
Lastly do the interior lamps still work as intended, turn on when lights come on and dim by turning the dimmer knob?

Thanks

1) The running light option is for daytime running lamps, which are separate from the parking lights. To use that option you would need to install add-on fog lamps or similar. The DRL output from the module would connect to those and would be on whenever the key is on during the day. At night the DRL output from the module shuts off.

2)The factory headlight switch operation is unchanged. During the day you can turn the headlights on and off as desired, at night the module takes over and the headlights come on when the key is on. I can add a bypass switch which would allow you to have the headlights off at night when the key is on. Otherwise the headlights will automatically turn off when the key is turned off. Also, with the key off, the headlights can be turned on with the switch at any time.

3) The interior lights operation is unchanged from factory.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 01-15-2017).]

liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you got one built for me? I think I sent you a PM back in Dec but you were moving stuff around your garage...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Have you got one built for me? I think I sent you a PM back in Dec but you were moving stuff around your garage...

PM sent

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 01-20-2017).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
March bump: I have 2 kits built and ready to ship.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got around to installing mine. Works great, was easy to install and the instructions are very informative.
Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have one kit remaining.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday bump. Still have 1 kit remaining.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last one is sold!
REDLINE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REDLINESend a Private Message to REDLINEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Item received today and feedback left! Thanks!!!
triads

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any plans for more?
John Forsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John ForsmanSend a Private Message to John ForsmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like one also!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I FINALLY got my kit installed! Took just a few minutes. Really adds a nice feature to the Fiero. I am so spoiled by the automatic lights on my other cars, that I am always afraid I would get a ticket at sundown in the Fiero for not having my lights on.

viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump for a member in the tech forum who could benefit from this. Hope you're still making 'em!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still making them, but I don't have any on hand right now. I just had rotator cuff surgery on 8/4/17 so I will be out of commission for a little while depending on how well my rehab goes. As soon as I regain the use of my arm I will get a half dozen kits put together and update this thread.

Thanks for your patience
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fall bump. I am in the process of assembling my next run of headlight kits. See my first post for updates! I have replaced the resin cast connectors with 3D printed pieces and am using woven polyester loom instead of electrical tape. I will try and contact people as I get kits ready to go.

PFF
System Bot
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tuesday bump
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me when you have some more ready!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

PM me when you have some more ready!

Got 'em built and ready to ship. PM sent.

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snowy Saturday bump. I have 3 kits available.
modemeagle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for modemeagleSend a Private Message to modemeagleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seajai,
I installed the kit today. I routed the wiring a little different and ended up with some extra to loop under the dash. It tested perfect. Thank you again for supplying the kits for us.

modemeagle
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday bump. Have 2 kits left.
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2019 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just hooked mine up today and it was really easy to do.
It is super cool and fun to see the headlights go up and down on their own and all the lights turn on!
Great invention and a super deal.

------------------
pat moody

FRANKENSTEIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2019 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FRANKENSTEINSend a Private Message to FRANKENSTEINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi I am wandering if you could make a DRL kit

thanks
hetterbr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2019 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if you have a set of these available? if so, can you PM me your paypal account. will be shipping to Canada.
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently not making headlight kits. I will look into doing another run of them later on this fall after I get caught up on my other projects.
PFF
System Bot
hetterbr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. if possible let me know when they are available. i will also watch for this thread to be updated.

oldrock2401

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2019 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldrock2401Send a Private Message to oldrock2401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do another run of them, put me on the list as well, can pay a deposit if needed.

Thanks

------------------
--- 86 GT, my pride and joy (currently undergoing turbo 3.8 swap)

kafrondorf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kafrondorfSend a Private Message to kafrondorfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you make more kits I'd be in for 2. Thanks.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2023 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping this to the top! Any more kits going to be available? Finally started driving my Fiero again after eight years and would love this!
midengine_stevie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2023 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for midengine_stevieSend a Private Message to midengine_stevieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested too if you are still making these!
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by midengine_stevie:

I'd be interested too if you are still making these!

He's currently not making any of these, I hope he does make some this winter.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock