Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  3800sc 1986 Fiero GT (needs a little work / rework)....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800sc 1986 Fiero GT (needs a little work / rework).... by sco77
Started on: 05-03-2015 05:12 PM
Replies: 15 (1680 views)
Last post by: sco77 on 06-13-2015 04:28 PM
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I want to apologize for starting this thread a little bit early, I just haven't had the time put aside to pull out the Fiero from the place I have it parked, I will try to take a little time in the next few days to post updated pictures... I lost my place to work on my Fiero over a year ago and tired of seeing it parked in the weather, there is still several things that need done/redone on it, so buyer must be aware that you may have to drop the cradle to fix said issues.

1986 Fiero GT 3800sc, 4spd muncie - power windows, power door locks, sunroof, cloth seats

Build thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/124801-2.html pictures on 2nd page

-Body currently has just over 100k on it. There is no noted structural rust, tires have less than 10k, the paint is not great but also not terrible (lots of chips and scratches and some paint cracks on the bumper), quarter windows are cracked, taillights are de-laminating and the bumper is.

-Interior is in good shape, seats / covers are like brand new, dash is good besides a couple small cracks near the speakers and a chip at the vent, headliner needs recovered. Lighted HU mount from maptech, short shifter.

-Engine was pulled from a riviera with almost the exact same miles as the car (100K). Engine has a VS cam, GenV supercharger with MPS, Northstar throttle body, 105# crow cam springs, lucas 42# injectors, West coast fiero stainless headers to 3" stainless stock route exhaust to flowtech muffler in stock location, Aeromotive fuel rails and regulator, new water pump, new gaskets and seals, all sensors attached to engine are new, all pulleys are new. Spec 3+ clutch.

Problems (in order of severity)...

-Alternator bracket snapped, breaking the bolt off in the head, in a roadside effort to fix it I broke a bolt extractor in the hole, then drilled that out and broke into the coolant passage, it is currently sealed with jb weld / quicksteel and alternator mount currently rigged.
-I believe the flywheel to be balanced improperly
-Fuel lines need redone, they are currently rigged.
-Car runs strong but can be rough at times, I believe it is a fueling issue because the fuel pressure doesn't hold, but this could also be anything from an injector to tune or something in the valvetrain.
-needs parking brake cables.
-There seems to be some play in either the transmission or mounts (bucking/jerking)
-Small exhaust leak, most likely one of the marman clamps or flex.
-Passenger headlight sticks sometimes (rebuild motor? has 87/88 headlights)

Really great car for someone with a garage to put back into good order quickly with minimal work and hunting down parts versus swapping from scratch, or it could be a track car as-is..

Currently on Ebay, no reserve... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...ba&item=191599345850

Want to thank the community here for being so helpful over the past 4 years of my Fiero ownership... Maybe I will one day own another one.

------------------
86 Fiero GT: 3800sc/Manual, Cam/Mods.

[This message has been edited by sco77 (edited 06-10-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that polished gen v blower. Looks soo much better than my stock gen v.

Good luck with your sale. Sounds like a nice ride.
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

I love that polished gen v blower. Looks soo much better than my stock gen v.

Good luck with your sale. Sounds like a nice ride.

Thanks, but it should be noted that like I said in the listing the car has sat outside for a year... There will be corrosion on even the polished engine parts, but of course easily polished back to that finish.

------------------

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures today...

alittle bit of sag / damage.

I got the trim piece for this laying around

------------------

[This message has been edited by sco77 (edited 05-04-2015).]

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the price a little too high? Don't be afraid to make an offer.

------------------

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see a price listed but to answer your question, yes, the price is too high. It always will be. I've prolly had over 4K views of my car and have only shown it three times. Seems Fiero buyers only want dirt cheap or just your parts. It's frustrating for sure. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 05-09-2015).]

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New price, $4000... Really want it gone and would rather it go to a member than elsewhere.

------------------

fst100

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
read through your build thread and awesome progress with the build! did you ever convert it from manual to auto? you mentioned flywheel may need rebalanced but i wasnt certain. if i had 4k i'd take it in a heartbeat. been scouting on this forum looking for a project fiero with the 3800 swap to continue working on as they're more affordable than a full completed one. where in MD are you? im in SE PA.
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if this is allowed to be posted here, but I ended up listing it on eBay, no reserve.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...ba&item=191599345850

------------------

[This message has been edited by sco77 (edited 06-10-2015).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure hope you have a buddy that will step in and bid for you. no reserve, starting bid of .99 and less than 3 days to go?

how many "I wish I was closer" posts will follow...........
86Zimmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

how many "I wish I was closer" posts will follow...........

lol yeah you know it
PFF
System Bot
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAN I WISH I WAS CLOSER. I'D BE ALL OVER THAT!!!... Oh wait I am close Glenn Bernie is probably a 40 min drive for me. Looks like so far I'm currently top bidder but we'll see how high it goes.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it sells to a forum member here I will include an F23 transmission and any extra parts I can find.

------------------

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

If it sells to a forum member here I will include an F23 transmission and any extra parts I can find.

NICE! Good to know. Although I doubt I'll actually win it. The bids are quickly creeping up to my limit. I don't think I'll be high bidder for much longer. It looks like a lot of effort and care went into the car so either way I hope it goes to someone who will get it running 100% and do it right.
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
------------------

[This message has been edited by sco77 (edited 06-13-2015).]

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last hour

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock