Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Who is in the market to buy a 87 project car. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Who is in the market to buy a 87 project car. by 85@49
Started on: 07-19-2014 12:05 AM
Replies: 43 (1260 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 11-13-2014 04:45 AM
85@49

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, this is a southern car so it is rust free. It has a series 1 3800 SC installed but not running. New brakes on all four corners. There is a ton of extra parts, cradles, gas tank, GT body parts, other body parts, an extra front axle with new bushings, three rear deck wings. Just a load of stuff I've collected over the years believing I was going to get this running. It's on the block.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
94blackbird

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 94blackbirdSend a Private Message to 94blackbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you looking to get out of it?
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you willing to pay? $2000? There's a lot of extra parts.
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pictures?
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have but I haven't figured out how to post them. I could send them to your email address.
yutzybrian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yutzybrianSend a Private Message to yutzybrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Upload the pictures to a site like Photobucket then use the [IMG] code that photobucket gives you
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85@49:

What are you willing to pay? $2000? There's a lot of extra parts.

That scared everyone away.
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, nobody has seen those shows where the guy through a out a price and the interested party comes back with a counter offer?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, nobody has seen those shows where the guy through a out a price and the interested party comes back with a counter offer?

LOL. So true. Can you post up some better pics? Not a lot of detail and they are all greenish...and some of the engine bay would help.

PFF
System Bot
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will get some better ones tomorrow and get them posted.
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean those shows where the counter offer is about 1/3 of the original figure ($700) then they settle on 1/2 of original figure ($1000).
Yea, I've seen those shows.
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, that is close to the show I'm talking about.
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apperantly it's a tuff time to be selling a project car. Where at in MI?
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just South of Grand Rapids. In Kentwood. It's a great place to get a good beer also while you're here.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am just South of Grand Rapids. In Kentwood. It's a great place to get a good beer also while you're here.

Or you could say Kentwood is a suburb of GR surrounding the south east side of the city. How far south of 28th St? I dont recall seeing you on the forum, but I am not on here all the time. I live on the Northeast side of GR and work in the Old 28th Street & Cascade area. What front end do you have on the car?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-30-2014).]

85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live off 52nd st. About four exits south of 28th is the 54th exit. I have the GT body with an extra nose and rear bumper cover. Hey, being in town, do you know someone that is good with wiring?
philrenato

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philrenatoClick Here to visit philrenato's HomePageSend a Private Message to philrenatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May be interested, or at the very least a few parts I'm in Rockford, and in need of a nice GT nose. Any time to meet sometime tomorrow or Sunday?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F%$# why don't these things ever come up when im in MI with an empty flatbed
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by philrenato:

May be interested, or at the very least a few parts I'm in Rockford, and in need of a nice GT nose. Any time to meet sometime tomorrow or Sunday?

Another Fiero comes out of the garage. So you are in Rockford. Myself, Snapperhead and two other Fiero owners are on the Northeast side of GR. These cars are hiding all over the place. Did you know a retired GM Engineer that worked from the beginning to closing at the Fiero plant also lives in Rockford?

I wonder how many more Fieros are hiding in garages around Grand Rapids West Michigan??
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I live off 52nd st. About four exits south of 28th is the 54th exit. I have the GT body with an extra nose and rear bumper cover. Hey, being in town, do you know someone that is good with wiring?

In town not sure. In west/southern Michigan, yes. 2 Seat Garage aka oldjoedad.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Do you have a camera to take some pictures?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
"I live off 52nd st. About four exits south of 28th is the 54th exit." Off of 131? East by the area were the tornado went through? I used to work on Clyde Park by 47th st. The front of the building was on Clyde Park and the rear on 131.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

I have but I haven't figured out how to post them. I could send them to your email address.

You can send them to me if you like.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
double post

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-01-2014).]

85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
philrenato, I sent you a PM
philrenato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philrenatoClick Here to visit philrenato's HomePageSend a Private Message to philrenatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for showing me your car and parts, very happy to have gotten a few spares for my project. This car looks pretty tight, everyone, if you have room and time come buy it - I would if I could.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
philrenato, wow another Fiero owner in GR.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
So you are selling some parts? I guess I miss understood your ad. I thought one had to purchase the car.
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there are parts you need that I don't I'll sell them. I have stuff I'm not going to need, even if I end up finishing the car. You know, sometimes you buy everything you find and you end up a bet of a hoarder.
I think you need it all though.
PFF
System Bot
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just when you thought you had missed out, it's back. $600 takes it. Ask about parts if you need something.
philrenato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philrenatoClick Here to visit philrenato's HomePageSend a Private Message to philrenatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we have a deal, and I am looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. I don't know why you didn't have 10 people clamoring for this, I'm psyched about the deal. :-)
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had the room. But I dont. So now there are 2 Fieros in Rockford. A retired Fiero engineer lives in Rockford.
Congratulations on the purchase.
Got any extra parts you may be selling? I am looking for exhaust piper hangers, automatic shift knob, I have straight knob with button in middle and my sore wrist/thumb doesnt work well with that kind of knob. I think the factory T handle would work better for me. I have either a fractured bone in my thumb/wrist or arthritis. I will be needing a gen II headlight motor and a headlight trim bezel.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, Mich.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-08-2014).]

philrenato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philrenatoClick Here to visit philrenato's HomePageSend a Private Message to philrenatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it all works out tomorrow and I pick it up it will probably take me some time to figure out what parts I will need to finish the car, and what parts I can offer to the community. As I don't want to really get into shipping things, I will probably put anything extra on craigslist first and link to the listing on the site.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Understand. But I live in Grand Rapids, MI so shipping isnt necessary.
philrenato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philrenatoClick Here to visit philrenato's HomePageSend a Private Message to philrenatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent deal, just picked up the car and there are a ton of extra parts, and already have listed them on craigslist, kind of.
http://grandrapids.craigsli.../pts/4753732879.html

There is definitely a T-shaped shift knob in one of the boxes of extra parts. My number is in the ad, give me a call if you have any questions or want to stop by, etc.

Thank you very much for the great deal!

[This message has been edited by philrenato (edited 11-09-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow nice purchase. And lots of parts. Sure wished I lived in the country instead of the stinkin city of Grand Rapids. Then I could pick up these type of cars. Glad to see it went to a Fiero Enthusiast . Say have we met? Like at the 28th Street Metro Cruise? If not are you aware of the loose knit group of Fiero nuts and the face book page "Almost Again & Once Upon A Time Fiero Club" It is kind of a West Michigan Fiero Club with out being a club as most don't/wont make the commitment to a club. And with the Facebook page we can let others know of Fiero Happenings around the area.

88 front suspension ah no on further inspection it doesn't look like it I really like the hood. Does it vent the air coming in through the radiator area? The frontal picture showing the right side of the car looks cool with the black roof section, black mirrors and the rest of the car in gold. Nice two tone effect like the bmw gurus car.

What color is your current Fiero? Have you driven it around town?

Oh On purchasing parts, I can drive to Rockford to get them. Do you think you have some factory exhaust/tail pipe hangers that bolt on to the end of the rear frame rails? I need some as the mickey mouse system on my car has broken several times now and it really needs a good system. I am also looking for a 2nd gen headlight motor in the not to distant future.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-09-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Hmmm see a couple of other "special" cars with covers on them.
philrenato

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philrenatoClick Here to visit philrenato's HomePageSend a Private Message to philrenatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Special cars, yes, a pair of restored 91 Trans Ams

Not sure if we've met. My Fiero was in the middle of an engine swap during MC, but my Trans Ams and I were there. Rogers Plaza every year, a red convertible and dark green T Top. Usually at the East end of the lot.

Haven't heard of that group, but am not on FB anymore anyway

The hood seems not to be functional at present, didn't look real close though. Small cracks where it attaches.

I agree about the black roof, makes it look like a targa top.

No spare exhaust, sorry.

I have a box of headlight parts from various cars, not sure which are which at this point though.

My car is a yellow GT, yeah, drove it a lot last summer. I parked it downtown a lot, I work at Kendall. It is fairly distinctive, blacked out windows and integrated rocker scoops. Just picked this one up last winter.

Looking forward to bringing it to Dream Cruise and Metro Cruise next year, now that it has a new engine. This project car may not be ready by then.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock