Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  4T65HD Transmission Shifter Adapter - whos selling these like the Pic shown

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
4T65HD Transmission Shifter Adapter - whos selling these like the Pic shown by Back On Holiday
Started on: 04-05-2014 03:44 PM
Replies: 22 (791 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 04-09-2014 03:24 PM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This pic is one of Darth Fieros, I asked him first and he's not selling these online.
this adapter fixes a lot of issues I had in the past.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
West Coast Fiero used to sell one just like that. Was pricey as I recall.

Looked it up for you. Was $120.00

Link, bout 1/3rd way down the page:
http://www.westcoastfiero.c...ersion_hardware.html

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-05-2014).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one else have a solution to this?
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Used the one from West coast Fieros last year and it worked great along with the engine/tranny mounts as well. All items bolted right on, the price was worth it not having to worry about anything but just bolting them on my 88GT for the 3800SC/4t65eHD upgrade. It also looked like a factory install very similar to the one as pictured.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

West Coast Fiero used to sell one just like that. Was pricey as I recall.

Looked it up for you. Was $120.00

Link, bout 1/3rd way down the page:
http://www.westcoastfiero.c...ersion_hardware.html

Thanks, I did see that, but based on what I've read on the forum recently and my own dealings in the past, I would be better off designing and making my own

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Thanks, I did see that, but based on what I've read on the forum recently and my own dealings in the past, I would be better off designing and making my own

Make ur own as its not that hard using the stock Fiero cable holder and lever.
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk to fieroflyer or fierorog. Fieroflyer just made one for me but I know he is in the process of handing over some of the fabrication stuff to fierorog. Hope this helps.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I started to add that in my post and didn't.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I started to add that in my post and didn't.

Its funny how many people think as we do, a shame that its a negative thought
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Its funny how many people think as we do, a shame that its a negative thought

Originally posted by WickedFieroGTP:

Talk to fieroflyer or fierorog. Fieroflyer just made one for me but I know he is in the process of handing over some of the fabrication stuff to fierorog. Hope this helps.

If Fierorog starts making them like this, i'm all aboard. right now I have a direct auto cable to lever and the melting of the cable end is where i'm at, WHEN I replace the cable..... I will be using something like in the pictured mount, as this is the last time I want to replace that damn shift cable and one of the nemesiss of my car atm.
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If Fierorog starts making them like this, i'm all aboard. right now I have a direct auto cable to lever and the melting of the cable end is where i'm at, WHEN I replace the cable..... I will be using something like in the pictured mount, as this is the last time I want to replace that damn shift cable and one of the nemesiss of my car atm.

I am waiting on mine from fieroflier. When it comes in I'll post a pic.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in seeing what's available. Also I need a new cable. What cable do I need? I bought a conversion, by owner and the cable housing is broke.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

What cable are you using? I need to replace one.
djlamp14

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent fieroflyer a PM. No response yet. Anyone else know if he will make them and sell them? I need one.

------------------
11.8@115mph 1/4 mile 1999 Regal GSX being demodded for swap into a 87 Fiero GT.
11 sec pass>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQT4X2eBlR8

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before I switched to electronic shift on my 4t65e I just used the stock auto cable and reworked the bracket and arm. There is a schematic on the bracket and arm mods on the forum somewhere.

Now " I got no stinking shift lever". I just push a button and away I go...

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings

For Sale: 85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 87 GT Met Orange

Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, , 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Before I switched to electronic shift on my 4t65e I just used the stock auto cable and reworked the bracket and arm. There is a schematic on the bracket and arm mods on the forum somewhere.

Vince

Ok that is very useful info. I'll check and see if GM has one. Just how does that push button work with the cable? I know how the push button works. The first car I drove- dad handed it down to me- was a 56 DeSoto with the push buttons.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-08-2014).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

What cable are you using? I need to replace one.

Just a stock Fiero Auto Cable, make sure its adjustable though, I do recall when I was looking for some a few years ago that there are unadjustable ones out there for some reason.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Vince

This is all that needs to be done. Can be done with simple hand tools and a welder. If no welder avaliable then make the cuts then take to an exhaust shop to weld once u mark where it needs to be. Very simple MOD to do..

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike Gonzalez makes one too.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 04-09-2014).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

Mike Gonzalez makes one too.

Used to mske..I havent seen him around in forever..
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Ok that is very useful info. I'll check and see if GM has one. Just how does that push button work with the cable? I know how the push button works. The first car I drove- dad handed it down to me- was a 56 DeSoto with the push buttons.

It doesn't have a cable. It uses a electronic actuator on the trans. Yep, a few of the older cars did have manual push button shift. Just ahead of their time.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 04-09-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
djlamp14

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, wish I could get one of those brackets^^

------------------
11.8@115mph 1/4 mile 1999 Regal GSX being demodded for swap into a 87 Fiero GT.
11 sec pass>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQT4X2eBlR8

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a stock Fiero Auto Cable, make sure its adjustable though, I do recall when I was looking for some a few years ago that there are unadjustable ones out there for some reason.

Thank you for the information

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock