Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  High Quality Fiero RPO Sheets are NOW AVAILABLE! [Cardstock or Polyester]

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
High Quality Fiero RPO Sheets are NOW AVAILABLE! [Cardstock or Polyester] by JohnWPB
Started on: 09-07-2013 02:14 PM
Replies: 31 (2019 views)
Last post by: hercimer01 on 06-17-2019 11:22 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally have everything I need to start producing reproduction RPO sheets for the Fiero! The RPO sheet can be customized in just about any way that you would like. You may want to add or customize codes depending on if you did an engine swap, added power mirrors to your car or for many other reasons. A full list of RPO codes are available on my site, with some custom ones for engine swaps and such.

FieroStuff.com

I have researched and am using the same fonts that GM used back in the day to reproduce the RPO sheets. They are virtually impossible to distinguish from the originals.

Legally it is NOT an issue to replace your RPO sheet. The RPO sheet is simply a reference of items installed on the car from the factory. The VIN# is duplicated on the RPO sheet just for consistency & reference, and is NOT a legal means of identifying the car in any way. Now, lets see who is the first to post about legal issues, and ignore this paragraph of the first post completely...... wait for it...... wait for it.......

Here are a couple of reproduced RPO sheets. The color changes for Different years and production runs, as well as the location of some information:

The bar colors at the top and bottom of the RPO sheet differ between different years, and production runs. I have seen one 1988 RPO that had a black bar at the top with white lettering, and no bar along the bottom. This being the case, it is important that you get as clear of a photo of your RPO sticker that you can, and upload it it through the order form. This way I have a visual reference to create your sheet correctly.

Speaking of the order form, this is what it looks like:

You enter in your own RPO codes into the form, and provide all the other information, and I will then create your replacement RPO sheet for you.

There are 2 options for the sheet, either a sheet printed on heavyweight card stock, and then laminated. This is the way the factory originals are done. The other way is to print your RPO on weatherproof polyester sheeting. Either way, you simple peel off the back of either, and stick it on your car.

Here is a photo of my car the day I purchased it, you can see the discoloration and fading of the RPO sheet:

After re-painting the front compartment, I then put in my new RPO sheet:

The pricing is $12 for the card stock version, and $17 for the self adhesive polyester sheeting. Shipping is included in both prices in the continental US. Outside the US, I will get a quote for shipping and charge that exact price, and not a penny more.

To order an RPO sheet, go to FieroStuff.com and click RPO sheets at the top of the page.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-18-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, I will be ordering one soon. FYI, typo in your link.

http://www.fierostuff.com/

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE / 3800 s/c
Fieros For Sale

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank for the heads up on the typo Jeff! BTW, I hope you enjoyed that $16 bag of Beef Jerky that I forgot in your car! LOL
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hahaha, yes I did.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, the first one is completed and in the mail tomorrow morning!

RRO for a 1988 Fiero:

I throw in a second non-laminated copy just for good measure, as well as some alcohol wipes to make sure the surface is clean.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
two more completed, an 86 & an 88. They will be in the mail first thing in the morning.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John
I'm needing a special RPO Sheet one that has the first and last fiero made RPO sheet. It is to apply on a special project Trophy and not on a car fender .... let me know if this is possible
regards
Danyel

BTW you still have a typo on your site's contact me page

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-15-2013).]

pcar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked out your website, no sticker sets for 87's?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Hey John
I'm needing a special RPO Sheet one that has the first and last fiero made RPO sheet. It is to apply on a special project Trophy and not on a car fender .... let me know if this is possible
regards
Danyel
BTW you still have a typo on your site's contact me page

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem. Fill out the RPO sheet, and in the notes section, describe what you want altered and such. You can also upload a sketch / diagram of what you are looking for. I will work on it here, and send you a proof to look at in email.

As for the typo, I had to dig to find it, as I had no idea what you were referring too, but it is fixed now

Originally posted by pcar:

I checked out your website, no sticker sets for 87's?

Sorry about that! I just finished re-creating the 1987 emissions sticker a couple days ago, and totally forgot to add it to the order form. So, yes, I do have 1987 sticker sheets now

NOTE: I still need high resolution scans or photo's of all year Fiero's with the 2.5L 4 Cyl engine. If anyone could upload them through the "Contact me" page, it would be greatly appreciated, and I can then offer sticker sets for all 5 years of the 4 Cyl Fiero's.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-16-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a note:

Anyone that orders an RPO sheet, the shipping will be delayed a couple days. I am leaving to drive to Paris Island, South Carolina in the morning. My nephew is graduating from boot camp, and becoming a United States Marine. (I could not be more proud.... even thought I was in the U.S. Army ) His graduation is on Thursday, and I will be returning Saturday evening, and will catch up with orders, and ship them out on Monday.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-18-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, back in town! All orders caught up and shipped.
PFF
System Bot
Fieromotion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hei. This is excellent news. Are you doing other GM vehicles than Fiero?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently doing only the Fiero. There really is no way I could, as one person, be able to do one for each type of vehicle out there.
Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sticker in my 85GT is unreadable. Is there a way to find what codes were on the original sheet?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only way I could think of it find someone with an 85GT like yours, copy it as a "donor sheet" to start with. You can use the codes on my site to compare the stickers. If you have power door locks, find that code and see if it is on the donor sheet, if its not add it. If you do not have power locks, look to see if it is on the donor RPO sheet, if so, remove it. This would need to be done pretty much for each factory available option.

Carrolles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping someone had access to the database that linked VIN to build sheet data.

Thanks
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carrolles:

I was hoping someone had access to the database that linked VIN to build sheet data.

Thanks

I doubt a database exists like that today. Probably back in the day they kept track of it for sales and such, but I am sure it is long lost......

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carrolles:

Thanks

Yes there is just such a source. PHS. Jim has been doing this service back when Pontiac had a warehouse that stored prototypes and other Pontiacs. www.phs-online.com PHS, P.O.Box 183251, Shelby TWP, MI 48218, 586-781-5162

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-24-2013).]

rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is cool! I was just going to tape around and repaint, but now I can do it right!
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like this.... It gives me some ideas... What is the RPO for Ride Runner

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - PCS Products, Champion Cooling, Spec Clutches - Used Fiero Parts
Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings -- Powder Coating Services.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, 87 GT Met Orange, 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

I like this.... It gives me some ideas... What is the RPO for Ride Runner

Vince

Hey Vince! Well, not sure for Ride Runner.... Maybe RRG (Ride Runner Guino, after the programmer that created Ride Runner) however the code for my skin that you are using is simple: DFX

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-24-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I did some research, I now have the materials in stock to reproduce the 88 RPO sheets. It is not vinyl, but is actually a polyester film like the factory originals. The 84-87 are a laminated paper, and are also just like the GM Originals. The RPO sheets are precision cut on an electronic Dye Cutting Machine to the exact dimensions, and rounded corners as the originals. When you receive it, all you have to do is peel and stick it

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-19-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, your RPO Sheet is in the mail. You should have it by Tuesday / Wednesday.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RPO sheets still available. I can hand deliver them to anyone going to Frazee this year
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpin' it up for the new year!
pcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still making the stickers?

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2019 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked John in 2016 if he could make me a re-pro sticker sheet for my 88GT and he mentioned he wasn't doing this
service anymore...if enough demand, he should. He had an excellent product that could with-stand heat / cold / water / etc.

His stickers had a really good reputation.

John, I call you out !!

I need these. Please come back.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2019 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. If he goes back into production, I'm good for two of them.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh heck yeah, could definitely use one.
predmeister

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2019 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me too
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2019 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a reply from his PM. He said no. Someone else made some for me. Thanks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock