Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  group buy dash speaker plates 4-10" to 5.25" testing the waters (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
group buy dash speaker plates 4-10" to 5.25" testing the waters by E.Furgal
Started on: 04-11-2012 05:14 PM
Replies: 146 (4968 views)
Last post by: gatorfrey on 01-01-2022 09:08 PM
Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine came in the mail today. These are well worth the wait. Thanks again Mark. Positive feedback left for you.

[This message has been edited by Nilknarf (edited 08-10-2012).]

IP: Logged
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nilknarf:

Mine came in the mail today. These are well worth the wait. Thanks again Mark. Positive feedback left for you.

thanks..
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!
dyvyd13

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dyvyd13Send a Private Message to dyvyd13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm and bump
Lamboracer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LamboracerSend a Private Message to LamboracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you still making these?
fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still producing the plates?
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know as well
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, to find out if you are still making these and if you can punch an extra hole for a tweeter.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2016 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Bump, to find out if you are still making these and if you can punch an extra hole for a tweeter.

Yes still made..
yes you can add hole for tweeter, was not done as each model speakers require different sized holes.. some are 1/2" tweeters, some 3/4" some 1" etc

Top line sells my plates, They bought My stock I had left..
They are now, Black Top racing..
A vendor here..
Dragonfish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2019 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonfishSend a Private Message to DragonfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a set of these now that BTR is gone? Figured I'd ask before I make them myself. Thank you!
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2019 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you know anyone with a 3d printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2941552
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2020 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
yup got it.. shipping out sat.. working away from house till then..

Mr. Futgal,
RE: fierosound and his 5.25” Speaker plates
I would appreciate it you can send me 2 (two) speaker plates for my ‘85 SE Fiero. Please contact me with comments and/or questions.
Cordially,
Kevin Sullivan
kevinsullivan@frontier.com
916-600-6482
Ps. How much!? I would need my plates to have 2 holes cut out for each plate. One additional hole drilled for each each of the two speaker plates. One hole drilled for the 5.25” speaker and another hole drilled for the tweeter.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the original file for these. Print this out as a 1:1 size. Don't shrink or enlarge the page. It should print and be used as a template for whatever material you may want to cut.
I'll leave the file permanently in my Dropbox to help people out.
When you click the link, click the bottom of the pop up window:

Once opened, click the "download" button on the top right:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r...ker%20plate.doc?dl=0

Enjoy

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-04-2020).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2020 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA,
I GOT CASH!!!!👍😊!

Where should I send it?
Cordially,
Kevin
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
What is the latest on Fierosounds 5.4” speaker upgrade (grills)👍?
Does anybody got some to sell me?
Cordially,
Kevin
916-600-6482
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Any word on me purchasing the speaker grills for the 5.25” (plus the the hole for the tweeter) speaker grills for my 1986 SE Fiero? Any idea on when they are available?
Let me know.
Cordially,
Kevin
916-600-6482
kevinsullivan@frontier.com

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
^^^Ipdate?^^^
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Furgal apparently isn't here any more.
Too bad he didn't include his email in his profile. You might have been able to reach him.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2021 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't want to make them yourself, $10.99. Not a bad price.

http://www.car-speaker-adap.../items.php?id=SAK093

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-13-2021).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are available on amazon.com for 17 bucks. I ordered a set, very well made.

Exact Fit Dash Speaker Adapter... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B...ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not any audiophile so what is the advantage for a 5.25 speaker?
A 4x10 is going to have more surface area, by a lot, so seems like they would be as good or better than the 5.25 for bass.
Why go to a smaller speaker?
PFF
System Bot
gatorfrey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of plates. Before I mount them, I would like to know from anyone who has installed speakers, which manf speakers fit without hitting underneath ?
I recall reading somewhere that some do, and modding is required, and some don't. I think I want to take the easy way this time.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

Not any audiophile so what is the advantage for a 5.25 speaker?
A 4x10 is going to have more surface area, by a lot, so seems like they would be as good or better than the 5.25 for bass.
Why go to a smaller speaker?

4x10 not being round do not put out the quality bass sound that a round speaker can. I installed these adaptors in my car, no modification needed just install, I used a speaker

cone for the bottom of the speaker which also helps to make a better base sound. And if you use component 5.25 speakers that have a separate high frequency speaker and the main 5.25 is primarily base, your sound will be even better. its a definite improvement from the 4x10s
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gatorfrey:

I have a set of plates. Before I mount them, I would like to know from anyone who has installed speakers, which manf speakers fit without hitting underneath ?
I recall reading somewhere that some do, and modding is required, and some don't. I think I want to take the easy way this time.

I answered your original question in Tech about these. I don't know if you saw my post.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/145735.html
gatorfrey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
I did see that. Good stuff, and thank you.
But that was for the mods needed for a lot of speakers. I still think I recall reading a few speakers did not require the notch, or melting, to fit.
Course, I coulda dreamed it . I will let that thought go, and just get a set and do it.

[This message has been edited by gatorfrey (edited 12-28-2021).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used 5.25 cerwin Vega. They fit perfectly no mods needed. Sound is good too
gatorfrey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested.
Bouncing over to Amazon , there appears to be a series of those speakers.
Remember which ones you got ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock