Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  group buy dash speaker plates 4-10" to 5.25" testing the waters (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
group buy dash speaker plates 4-10" to 5.25" testing the waters by E.Furgal
Started on: 04-11-2012 05:14 PM
Replies: 146 (4968 views)
Last post by: gatorfrey on 01-01-2022 09:08 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, I'm going to use the template Fierosound drew up .
If he's ok with it.. I'm making a set in 6mm thick abs plastic..
and while I have the machine set up.. I can punch out sets..
should be able to offer them at 19 dollars shipped to the lower 48.(the more made the lower it goes) canada and the last 2 states,overseas would be whatever shipping would be over the basic shipping..
I'm not looking to make money on this.. but others might want to use the 5.25 speakers in the dash .and while the machine is set up. it's easy to just keep punching them out..
they would not have the speaker mounting screw holes drilled, as most 5.25" speakers have the mounting screws in different pattern..
the tweeter hole would not be punched for the same reason.. to many different sized/mounting patterns.
but I could cut whatever hole needed if the end user doesn't have a holesaw set to cut it.. I'd just need the size hole wanted..if any..

again if FIEROSOUND is ok with me using the template.. I'll punch out sets for whomever wants one..
let me know if you'd be interested in a set so I can get an idea of what a first run would be..
as I'll be making 2 sets anyways one for my fiero and one for my 86 monte SS rear deck..

mod's if this is against forum rules let me know and remove post..

** NOTE every sale 3 dollars will go into the forums "buy me a beer" support fund..
as this place has been a great help for me. and I only been here a month..

thanks for reading..

------------------
Is there anybody listening?
Is there anyone that sees what's going on?
Read between the lines,
criticize the words they're selling.
Think for yourself and feel the walls
become sand beneath your feet

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-11-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jeff S

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff SSend a Private Message to Jeff SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 sets are for sure from me.
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If these were going to be done fairly soon, I'd be in for a set.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
should have the first one out to test by tuesday.. if everythings good.. it'll be pnch them out..
week end I'm working the boston marathon.. so I'll get nothing done as far as test fit. till after monday
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down for a set as well.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

should have the first one out to test by tuesday.. if everythings good.. it'll be pnch them out..
week end I'm working the boston marathon.. so I'll get nothing done as far as test fit. till after monday

Maybe you should have checked with Tony first before you use something he offered to the community free of charge.

Bad form.

Dr. W.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Maybe you should have checked with Tony first before you use something he offered to the community free of charge.

Bad form.

Dr. W.

few things..
1) read the first post.. read it
2) I p.m.'d him and asked for his ok.. he says no.. then I make plates for my cars only
3) I can make plates for my car as he clearly says in his thread it's ok to use the template..

so. your way way of base..
if he says he's not cool with it. thats fine..
I just want to figure out how long I'd have to tie up the machine to make them..
and to top it off, I would be selling them at cost.. no profit.. the money for the "buy me a beer wasout of my pocket
sorry, I just figuredif I'm gonna have the machine ready to go.. might as well punch out set for whom ever wants them..
steppng on toes was never in this.. and why I p.m'd him and listed in post waiting for his BLESSING

so, really ,who's got the"bad form"
as seen as I made it clear inthe first post that I'm waiting on the ok from fierosound..

but thanks for the post TTT

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 04-11-2012).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Bad form.

Dr. W.

THE P.M. BACK FROM fierosound

Not a problem. Go for it.

Tony

----- Original Message -----
Hello..
I'm going to be use'n 5.25 in the dash and useing your template..
I am able to make set of these while the machine is set up..
are you ok with me making extra sets and selling them to members at the cost ..
I'm not out to make money.. but while I have the machine set up.. I might as well make extras..
but you drew up the template and figured it was only right to ask you first..
let me know if you have an issue with me doing/offering them..
they'd be 6mm(just under1/4") thick

All times are ET (US)

THANKS TONY, i'M SURE the members that get these thank you too..
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a set!
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea!
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be a firm buyer for 2 sets of these if produced.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok should have by end of week, a few sets done, going to test fit them to make sure I didn't oppie somewhere.

then anyone that wants them, I'll p.m. and we go from there..
as I'll need to know if you want the tweeter hole cut or not, and what size..
photo's when it's popped out and one in the dash..

gtophil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtophilSend a Private Message to gtophilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a set as well. Please PM me with details. Thanks
Phillip

[This message has been edited by gtophil (edited 04-26-2012).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll take a set.

Rob
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Mr. Furgal...

You might consider posting a thread in The Mall, or having Cliff move this one over for you... there may be some interested parties that don't pop into tech often that would like this product!
(I am one... but saw a link to this thread from a fierosound thread in TCZone)

Just thinking out loud... you could probably also sell some units to TLG or The Fiero Store... this seems like something that would be in their wheelhouse.

edit... nevermind... I saw you were selling these pretty much at cost (+ a beer for our esteemed host). Very nice of you.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-18-2012).]

Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me for (1) one set.
Jason
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2012 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
count me in for a set
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will be test fitting next week..(down poors till tues) and then we'll see how many want them...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have two sets of test adapters in hand, will be test fitting them this w end.. if weather plays nice...
I'll post pic's soon..
looks like I should beable to do this for 19.75 shipped to lower 48..
canada, over seas would be quotes..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-12-2012).]

DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take two sets!

[This message has been edited by DJErikd (edited 04-30-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will also take a set. Please PM me for info.

My87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My87gtClick Here to visit My87gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to My87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please include me for one set!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm ready for a couple sets
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O.K. UPDATE

HERE WE GO..

test subject #1

this is text subject #2..

as you can see, the first one has 4 oval holes and the 2nd one does not..
the speaker mounting holes are "slots" instead of holes, because not evey 5.25" speaker has the mounting hole in the same spot..
I did not cut holes for a tweeter, as there are to many different sizes, one size does not fit all.. and if you want to run coaxle speakers instead of seperates, or want to mount the tweeter in a different location..
I can cut whatever size hole for a tweeter that you want, as long as it's a common hole saw/drill size.. that be a case by case, per order thing, cause the 3 different sets of seperates I have here, the tweeter mounting hole is totally different..
the outer speaker mounting holes, pull double duty, and hold the plate to the dsh, the inners, you'd be use'n the speaker hardware.. if the hardware is bigger than the hole size (iirc 3/16th) you must pre drill the hole to a larger size, skipping this isn't a good idea..
I'm also going to use 3m weatherstrip adhesive around the woofer where it meets the plate. as it's only 1/8" in width at 2 points and I hate chasing rattles,, it's not "needed" but . it's silly to chance it..
the 5.25" speaker mounting hole requirement can't be 4 3/4" or larger without making the hole so big that the bracket would be two pieces.. crutchfield.com list speaker mounting hole size for any speaker, including disco'd models, if they carried them...

I will hopefully be test fitting these into my fiero tomorrow, as I'm off from work, and wife will be picking up her parents at airport, so I'll not be interupted..
I'll photo that and post..
it looks like 16 sets are wanted...
if you want a set.. please p.m. me with your e mail address and any shipping info.. I'll need.. and if in canada/overseas or the upper 2 states.. the info I'd need to get a shipping quote for you..
I'll send out pay pal invoices only after I test fit them and I have all the requested sets made..
if you don't want to do pay pal. thats fine . a postal m/o(u.s.a.) will be fine, personal checks ok too..
after they are sent out.. I'll add the amount to the forum "buy me a beer" forum fund...
please be advised.. my work has inventory next week. and the machine to punch these out is 2 states away from my house (I'm in new england, so that isn't really that far lol)
punching them out might not be for a week.. please remember that...
just want to be upfront with everybody.. so no one is bent out of shape if ,they are not done untill end of next week..
have a great day..

------------------
Is there anybody listening?
Is there anyone that sees what's going on?
Read between the lines,
criticize the words they're selling.
Think for yourself and feel the walls
become sand beneath your feet

DJErikd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, cant wait to get my hands on a couple of pairs!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

test fitted them.. going to be punching them out next week end, but it's also mothers day so..
they should be ready to ship by the 15th/16th (fingers crossed..)

taking a head count.. for sets,,
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
untill they are punched out.. no one needs to pay..

invoices(paypal) or ? will be sent when I have them ready to ship. not before
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like a set if you have any available.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everyone, please send the paypal email, and shipping info , in a p.m.

if not paypal, please add how, payment would be made, and
if not lower 48, how you'd like them shipped, and I'll get a quote..

fierosound gets a set free for allowing his template to be used..

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey there... I sent a PM with my paypal addy for invoicing... I was just making sure this project was still a 'go'...

I think I read in another thread that you work (A LOT!)... I am in no rush, but wanted to check in!
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
almost done,, I wantthem done before I ask anyone to paypal anything..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2012 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they are done....
I'll be sending out the info to your emails this w end and ciff I'll be buy you some beers..
there are 27 set's, well 26 one set for me.. was going to use a set in my g body (monte SS) but going with steel as the spacer/adapter causes the 5.25" to hold up the reardeck panel and it looks a little odd, make the panel look like it's wavy from getting wet..

please review fierosounds thread, as that has the install instructions in it, and he was very detailed about it..
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000031.html

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 05-25-2012).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they are not all spoken for, I would like a set...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to send out invoices for the plates..

DJErikd paid.. will send out monday morning thanks

if you didn't get an invoice.. it's because of one of a few things.. but you might have a p.m.
if I didn't have an emaill addy or a shipping addy you got a p.m.
if I got down the list and have the 27 sets spoken for.. I didn't send you an invoice..
I'll be running another batch..soon.. monday or tuesday..

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
IF YOUR NOT ON THIS LIST AND WANT A SET..
p.m. me..

and post here please
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ fiero sound gets a set for being nice enough to let this happen@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-04-2012).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
if you are on that list and have changed your mind please p.m. me also..

any of the ones I don't here from in a week.. the hold will be lifted and I'll offer them to someone else..
the plan is monday or tues to punch out another 10-12.. to cover everyone..

and then seen cliff some money for beer lol next week..
thanks all...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like a set!

PM sent, too.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pyament sent

thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay