Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Sunroof tracks Stainless and powder coated mild steel (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sunroof tracks Stainless and powder coated mild steel by silver 85 sc
Started on: 04-11-2012 05:21 PM
Replies: 274 (11774 views)
Last post by: CaptDean on 01-01-2024 07:20 PM
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Question,

i have a set, not yet installed. Do you have to remove headliner to install?

Thanks.
Mike Parker

I'm not sure. The cars I have installed sets in did not have head liners. I have an '84 that needs a set. The headliner is still in it, so I guess I'll have to find out.

Rich
IP: Logged
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have a few sets on hand if anyone needs a set.

Rich
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please, check your PM

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
positive feedback left for you sir. Thanks so much.
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Jim

------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price? & any available?

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar ( soon for sale)
86GT 3800 n/a

jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM and I sent the money.
Jim

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

Price? & any available?

Still have them. Price is $75.00 Shipping is $10.00. Total $85.00

Rich

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30 Sets sold, still have 5 sets left out of the last batch if anyone is looking. Price is still $85.00 shipped.

Rich
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up, I am now down to 1 set, and I think I have enough material to make one more. It will probably be a couple of months before I get a production run going. I am anticipating the first batch of 30th souvenirs along with 65 various size badges this week, which will keep me busy for a while.

Rich
Biggs3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Biggs3000Send a Private Message to Biggs3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the stainless steels tracks - installed them with a new gasket this past Saturday.

On a side note, I fed some rubber coated steel cord through all four sides of the gasket to "boost" it against the sunroof glass for a better seal. I got the idea from link below where someone used boot laces:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121728.html

I also used short strips of the rubber-steel cord to better seat portion of the door gasket against the window, which diminished wind noise significantly! Fingers crossed the leaking sunroof is fixed and thanks again for a great product!
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up I am out of these with the last set leaving shortly. I will continue to produce them, however I would like to have at least 3 confirmed orders before I start the next batch.

Rich
jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the rubber coated steel wire

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by jimlong67 (edited 03-23-2013).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimlong67:

Where did you get the rubber coated steel wire

What rubber coated steel wire?

jimlong67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where dididi you get the rubber coated steel wire

------------------
1986 Black Fiero GT

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimlong67:

Where dididi you get the rubber coated steel wire

Originally posted by Biggs3000:

Thanks for the stainless steels tracks - installed them with a new gasket this past Saturday.

On a side note, I fed some rubber coated steel cord through all four sides of the gasket to "boost" it against the sunroof glass for a better seal. I got the idea from link below where someone used boot laces:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121728.html

I also used short strips of the rubber-steel cord to better seat portion of the door gasket against the window, which diminished wind noise significantly! Fingers crossed the leaking sunroof is fixed and thanks again for a great product!

Not sure where Biggs3000 got his wire, marine cable should work fine.

http://www.waytekwire.com/p...Marine-Wire---Cable/

Rich
Biggs3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Biggs3000Send a Private Message to Biggs3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for late response as I thought I was subscribed to this topic, but finally subscribed tonight

I bought one of the "Hillman Group" steel wires from Lowe's similar to:

http://www.lowes.com/Produc...l=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I also installed my tracks with my headliner installed, but had to remove the interior sunroof molding
Biggs3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Biggs3000Send a Private Message to Biggs3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biggs3000

27 posts
Member since Jun 2011
Also used these to clean everything after removing the old tracks:

http://www.harborfreight.co...aller-kit-69668.html

My old gasket had been caulked to prevent leakage so I had a lot of scrapping to do
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a set.. You can put me down..The stainless ones please..
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm real interested in a set also. Keep us updated please.
Good Luck
Gary
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have the next run sometime before the 30th. That will move up of course if I have orders to fill. I need at least 3 orders to get things off the ground. So to those out there that have the leaky sunroofs, and want them fixed before the 30th, the sooner you let me know the better.

Rich
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go, I have material, and will be starting the next batch next week. I am attempting to add holes this time. Should have enough material for 20 sets.

Rich
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update,

I have 3 prototype sets with holes cut and bent. I will have the windshield track rolled hopefully next week. Have 4 sets without holes in the works also, however the kid running the laser screwed up my material. Instead of asking me about the usability of the short pieces he decided on his own to cut what he "felt" I would be short. So the drop that was to be used for the long pieces he cut up into the short pieces. Now I have about 50-60 short tracks and 7 long tracks, and a drop that is 2" short in both directions. I need 45" and have a piece 43" x 43" I could kill him except he is the foreman's son.

Rich
denlou

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for denlouSend a Private Message to denlouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also interested in a stainless set.
Any thoughts on when they'll be available ?

Thanks
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to get a set of the stainless as well. Will check to see if anybody else in my area would like some, maybe we could bundle up to save on shipping.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

I'd like to get a set of the stainless as well. Will check to see if anybody else in my area would like some, maybe we could bundle up to save on shipping.

Let me know, I have a few sets yet. Rivet holes may be off a little, still trying to zero them in, but they will work just fine.

Rich

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump* for a great product
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a set please and thank you.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 sets on hand yet, if anyone is interested.

Rich
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely need a set, though I'm broke until next payday. Two weeks to go.
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone put a motorized sunroof in a Fiero yet?

I would love a sunroof that moves out of the way instead of just propping up.
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Has anyone put a motorized sunroof in a Fiero yet?

I would love a sunroof that moves out of the way instead of just propping up.

Its been done, but still a lot of work. You know you can remove your sunroof and store it in the bonnet right ? Lol

------------------

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Its been done, but still a lot of work. You know you can remove your sunroof and store it in the bonnet right ? Lol

Yea but then I have to get out of the car! :P
I guess I just like my modern conveniences
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have a set or two and just snagged some material to get make another 4 or 5 sets if anyone needs one.

Rich
pcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set, money order OK?

Eric
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Still have a set or two and just snagged some material to get make another 4 or 5 sets if anyone needs one.

Rich

Hi Rich. Pm sent for a set!
Thanks, Marc

Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received mine and they're beautiful!
Thanks Rich

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 05-26-2014).]

Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rich. I'm finally ready to install my tracks today. I'm having a panel off paint job done and having the roof clip out will hopefully make it even easier! I just got it back from the paint shop.
I have a couple questions. I did read your page one instructions with pics but just to be absolutely clear do the washers go on the back side of the rivets? Also, the washers with the rubber inserts.....do they go in between the bolts and nuts with the rubber side up I'm assuming? Lastly, should I also attach the sunroof insert hinge tabs while riveting the tracks back?

ps I was also planning on using a few small dabs of the product shown in my caulking gun (marine adhesive) under the tracks for extra adhesion and waterproofing. It's an awesome product.

Thanks for any advice and more pics would be helpful if available
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 06-14-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave