Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: 3800SC ODBII Conversion Harness (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: 3800SC ODBII Conversion Harness by phonedawgz
Started on: 05-05-2011 09:22 AM
Replies: 235 (11202 views)
Last post by: mental floss on 08-19-2014 06:42 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for openings in the schedule
IP: Logged
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 97 3800SC... Can i use a diff year PCM and use this harness for my car?!?!
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes - I can make a harness to fit your requirements. PM sent GT86FASTBACK

The price will be as listed in the first post of this tread -

$385 for the labor.

$20 shipping to the US.

$45 additional for a core charge for the Fiero donor harness.

$35 additional for a core charge for the 3800 harness.

$30 additional charge if you want me to add wire loom. Harnesses not wire loomed are just taped instead.

Core charges do not apply if the cores are shipped to me before I start on the harness. Core charges are refunded if you ship me the donor harnesses within 30 days of your harness purchase. If you wish to purchase the harness & core charges and not return the cores that is fine also.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 08-27-2011).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it matter if the core harness is cut in two or more pieces?
I'm looking to have some harness made up for some swaps.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can deal with a cut Fiero harness.

A cut 3800 harness has little value to me however.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Openings in the schedule - PM me to schedule a harness.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First fireup of a 3800 swap with a phonedawgz harness

Big.E.In.Crooked.I

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big.E.In.Crooked.ISend a Private Message to Big.E.In.Crooked.IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa!!! Love it!
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go Pack Go!
PFF
System Bot
Greenmeansgo

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenmeansgoSend a Private Message to GreenmeansgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you say "wire loomed", What exactly does that mean?

You've been a big help to me with so many of my questions and problems in the past. I want to thank you by having you do my harness. I'm really at the very beginning of the process and don't even have the car or the engine yet!

I should be picking up both this week. The donor is a 2000 Grand Prix GTP 3800SC Series II plus its stock automatic transmission (whatever you call those). The car is an '87 Duke Automatic. I want AC and Cruise on this car.

Jonathan
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Split wire loom. I don't like putting it on, and would rather the purchaser put it on if they want it. Just take it off the donor harness and reuse it. It's easy to deal with some extra lengths on an unloomed harness but once it's loomed it's much harder to deal with.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-17-2011).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The loom is important for shielding the wires from the environment and heat of the engine bay. The manufacturers know this and use it as do I, maybe you should start using it on your harnesses.
Now how do you like some one else sticking their nose in your business, not very nice is it but at least I am not threatening or insulting you just pointing out a flaw in your work.
Now have a nice day
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

The loom is important for shielding the wires from the environment and heat of the engine bay. The manufacturers know this and use it as do I, maybe you should start using it on your harnesses.
Now how do you like some one else sticking their nose in your business, not very nice is it but at least I am not threatening or insulting you just pointing out a flaw in your work.
Now have a nice day

He is not saying anything about loom not being important....He is giving the buyer an option on wether to add loom to the harness or save a few bucks an not add loom...Good idea being some people are on a tight budget when doing swaps and can use the loom from there Fiero harness to complete it if wanting loom...I would not call giving the buyer an option a "FLAW" but just as I called it an option......

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just pointing out how he should have stayed out of the other post about me where he shot his mouth off
Greenmeansgo

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenmeansgoSend a Private Message to GreenmeansgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Just pointing out how he should have stayed out of the other post about me where he shot his mouth off

FIEROFLYER you are just making yourself look bad
poncho_101

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for poncho_101Send a Private Message to poncho_101Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow this looks great, and affordable. Make me second guess my 4.9 as I have a 97 SC 3800 sitting on an engine stand....
Which PCM would this be compatible with? I started one years back with a OBD1 PCM that darthfiero programmed for me but lost interest. Are the ones you are making for OBD2 as this would be a plus!

[This message has been edited by poncho_101 (edited 09-18-2011).]

poncho_101

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for poncho_101Send a Private Message to poncho_101Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

poncho_101

232 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Wow this looks great, and affordable. Make me second guess my 4.9 as I have a 97 SC 3800 sitting on an engine stand....
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes yes and yes.

I can make a 4.9 harness, or make a SC Series I or SC Series II or NA.

Price is the same for all.

$50.00 down or donor harnesses and a filled out specification sheet is what is needed to get the harness started. I have about a two week turn around time depending on workload. After the harness is tested but before shipping the final payment is due.

I can make the harness for AT or MT
I can include AC
If you want it can include the EGR, or it can be EGR delete.

http://reddevilriver.com

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-18-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some openings coming up.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-29-2011).]

White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your work looks excellent and comes highly recommended. I would like schedule a harness to be made for a Series III 3800 NA, 5spd MT, A/C, cruise, and EGR delete. I look forward to discuss further details at your convenience.
Thanks,

Nathan
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88GT:

Your work looks excellent and comes highly recommended. I would like schedule a harness to be made for a Series III 3800 NA, 5spd MT, A/C, cruise, and EGR delete. I look forward to discuss further details at your convenience.
Thanks,

Nathan

I see u found the thread..
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88GT:

Thanks,

Nathan

Email and blank build sheet sent.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

First fireup of a 3800 swap with a phonedawgz harness

LOL! Glad it is helping your marketing
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More satisfied customers

So can I use the video on my website?

http://reddevilriver.com

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 10-06-2011).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I get a discount on my next harness for sending u new customers? I have already referred 4 new swappers ur way for 3800 harnesses.....I might be needing another harness in the near future...
yellowTee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowTeeSend a Private Message to yellowTeeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EDIT - I got my reply in Tech. Thanks!

I started this question in the Tech section but I thought it would be relevant to your thread plus you can tell me everything EXACTLY that I need.

TOPIC: Pulling 3800 - Having trouble with wiring harness

In the process of pulling a L67 from a 2000 GTP. Everything is disconnected except the bundle of wires that goes through the firewall on the passenger side. Am I supposed to cut this bundle or are there connectors that will allow me to pull the harness through the firewall? Maybe I don't need anything from the interior side of the car?

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 10-09-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An answer for anyone else who is looking for the answer to this question.

Cutting the donor 3800 harness at the firewall connector or even firewall bulkhead is fine for me I cut off the firewall connector as part of the dissassembly of the donor 3800 harness.

No cuts in any other parts of the harness please.

Please check the shifter selector switch. If only one of the two shifter selector switch connectors are part of the engine harness, please cut the second with as much tail as possible and include it. Also please include the ODBII diagnostic connector from inside the car - under the dash with as much tail as conveniently possible.

The under dash ODBII connector (96 and newer)

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 10-09-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
plsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for plsportsSend a Private Message to plsportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as i get closer to needing this in my swap it has me with a quick question. I am building my cradle as a 2nd cradle. The original is still in the car along with all the original parts etc. I am doing everything with new or spare parts so i have 2 completed cradles. Here is my question. My car is a 5 speed getrag. The 5spd wiring harness is still installed in my fiero. I have a spare Automatic from an 86 (Mine is an 87). would you accept that automatic harness as the core as i dont plan on pulling my cradle and engine till absolutely needed. Thanks.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I will accept a harness for any Fiero engine/transmission combination.

Core charges apply so you can order and receive your 3800 harness. Later send back the core donor Fiero harness later and receive the core refund.
Brian T. Brown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian T. BrownSend a Private Message to Brian T. BrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my harness today and everything looks great and I cant wait till i can get it all installed. I left you positive feedback, Thank you.

------------------
Brian T. Brown
1987 Fiero GT Fastback
1998 Grand Prix GTP

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool cool cool
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harnesses going out now are "nearly spliceless"

Just like stock harnesses there several leads that run to multiple areas preventing a totally spliceless harness.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.....

Steve
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hit me up today Steve for when works good.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock