Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: 3800SC ODBII Conversion Harness (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: 3800SC ODBII Conversion Harness by phonedawgz
Started on: 05-05-2011 09:22 AM
Replies: 235 (11195 views)
Last post by: mental floss on 08-19-2014 06:42 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Sale: 3800SC Conversion Harness. $485 * See details

This harness is wired for a 98-02 Series 2 supercharged 3800. It is wired for a manual transmission. It wires to the stock location of C500 in 85-88 Fieros (if you have an 84, it won't just bolt up)

Late model (sealed) fuel pump relay (3800 relay supplied) - hangs on stock Fiero bracket located in stock Fiero location.
EGR delete
Intake Air Temp sensor in stock 2.8 location but with enough harness to reach around a bit
Fiero (non 3800) evap canister
No A/C
Single HO2S
Non Cruise Control
No boost control solenoid
Assumes passkey delete programmed in your VSS
Extra length on the ICM connector to allow you to vary placement of your ICM.
PCM inputs tested via scanner. Injector outputs tested
Harness routes from firewall bulkhead along the front bank of injectors, under supercharger snout and then across the rear bank of injectors and finally to the HO2 sensor. Alternator leg long enough for either a high or low mount alternator
3 pin CTS required
3 wire 88 style oil pressure sensor/switch required
The harness will be taped only not loomed unless selected

This is a complete harness. Donor harness are needed for the lowest price however..

$485.00 plus $20 flat rate USPS shipping with you supplying both the 3800 and the Fiero harness. $39 shipping to Canada

Add $40 for me to supply the Fiero harness. Add $75 for me to supply the 3800 harness. It will be finished in tape. You can add loom yourself if you wish.

For more information go to:

http://www.reddevilriver.com/Products.html

------------------
http://reddevilriver.com

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-20-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
plsports

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for plsportsSend a Private Message to plsportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill jump in like here first... Can I get some pictures? Thanks
actually pass on me this would be a waste since I have already got my fiero harness and 3800 harness

[This message has been edited by plsports (edited 05-05-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I have to finish it first. I'll post them soon. The path is as stated. Taped and loomed like a stock 3800 in outward appearance - but follows the path as stated. Unless there is a reason not to, I have dropped the extra CTS connector, and the extra knock connector harness. (The engine harness runs directly to the CTS and directly to both knock sensors). Some stock 3800 harnesses have a small extra harness on the CTS sometimes and on the knock sensor. I have yet to find a reason to have that extra connection.

You can send me the Fiero harness and 3800 harness and then the price is just $400 shipped.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-05-2011).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The extended harness on the trunk side knock sensor is needed when using the 65e. As there is not alot of room between the trans/motor. If not wired to use the extented harness then wire the plug long enough to make it easy to work with.

I just installed a harness made by the seller and can say it isba nice clean harness. There where a few snags but nothing major.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 05-05-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear you on the longer tails on the knock sensor. I was trying to keep things as neat as possible thus keeping the tails to the minimum. I plan on extending that one to make things easier. I'm torn as to include that connector or not. I can easily include it but I still don't see a function for it, and only see it as a potential problem. However if the consensus is to include the connector / sub harness I surely can.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

The extended harness on the trunk side knock sensor is needed when using the 65e. As there is not alot of room between the trans/motor. If not wired to use the extented harness then wire the plug long enough to make it easy to work with.

Oh NOW you tell me!
had to find that jewel by myself. my own harness at that!
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take it if it is still available.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me with your email and lets work out the details
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have the next one done by the end of next week. I can customize it for A/C or AT.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Some pics - Just taped but not wire loomed yet

Ohiofierokid86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol iv seen that before on faceboooook i sent u a i.m saying ill take ittt?
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Building another one. This one to be for an automatic and to include A/C, 3800 evap & cruise. Same pricing applies. Expected completion date is Saturday. Send me a pm if your interested. First person who actually puts the money down on it gets it.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-09-2011).]

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, does this mean you're doing harnesses now for the 3800 swappers among us?
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be correct.

This is my unemployment business so I don't know how long I will be doing it.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
There is still time to customize it if your needs are different than this one.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-12-2011).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you do a series III? I have the 2003 GTP harness/pcm I will use.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing

I have a test rig set up. A Fiero dash, Fiero steering column (key switch) and Fiero fuse box. I also connect to the ODBII port.

Items verified via scanner
PCM
IAT
TPS
CTS
MAP
MAF
VSS
HO2

Tested by observation
IAC - Turn the key on, then off. The PCM resets the IAC by extending it and then retracting it to the correct position
ICM - Rotate the engine and observe the Fuel Pump Relay, spark, noid lights
Injectors

Tested by Fiero dash
Temp Gauge Sender
Oil Pressure Sender
MAL light function
Charge light function
Reverse Switch
Cooling Fan Relay wiring

Anyways - I have a just fininshed/ just tested harness on the engine right now. This harness is wired for a manual transmission, 3800-AC, SC-MAP EVAP, no EGR. It has long tails for the ICM, MAP and EVAP so you have flexibility to locate them. The harness isn't taped so it still can be customized.

First person who Paypal's me the money gets it. I am open to handling any donor harnesses in a 'core' fashion.

Any questions - PM me.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My build/test rig

I can with the scanner see the TPS, CTS, IAT, MAP, HO2, VSS

The scanner will tell me an error if the EGR, or EVAP purge or EVAP vent systems are not present.

I have indicator lights in the dash to indicate REV Switch, Fuel Pump,

I can read the oil pressure sender and temp sender from gauges on the dash

After turning the key off I can see the IAC pintle reset. I can also watch the amperage on the power supply and verify the HO2 is heating.

I can crank the engine and tell that the fuel pump relay is activated again, and I can watch the noid lights on the injectors fire. I can also see the spark for each coil pack (Test wire to a gap to the other terminal.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a good harness...I installed one of the OP harnesses on an install I am wrapping up...Fired it up for the first time today and everything worked great with no issues...Good harness for a good price....Better get one while you can......

PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of people who are interested, who are getting me donor harnesses, or who are just kicking tires. However right now, I don't have one that I am putting together for someone. So if there is someone who wants to get their name ahead of the others let me know.

$50 down payment gets it started. That or the donor harnesses. Final payment due when it is finished.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - I will have an opening next week.
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No more opening next week. Starting a list
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me to get on the waiting list.

I have a spreadsheet of options to be filled out. PM me and I will make an online copy for you to start working on.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-20-2011).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually no I didn't. You might want to resend JimmyS. Thanks.
dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Brian T. Brown

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian T. BrownSend a Private Message to Brian T. BrownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent.
dhobbs84sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent and cores shipped
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM re-sent
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I guess I'm in the boat now and one step closer to the start of my swap. NOw need to figure the axle, exhaust,... oh my! Bump for you.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now included at the same price - A long enough tail on the ODBII connector to locate it either in the stock position OR extend it up and mount it under the dash.

Just the thing for those of you who want to use a scanner more frequently.
dhobbs84sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got mine back and it looks amazing!! So professional. Im excited now. Motor is going in the car now lol
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally figured out what I need for my swap and filled out that spreadsheet you sent me. Hopefully that worked, and you're still making these~ I need the harness made to work with a 4T65E-HD trans.

Thx

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 05-27-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I am still making the harnesses

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are openings for the week after next.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New month bump

Openings for next week.
Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine is looking for you to make him a harness. He can't get on the forum right now but he wanted me to drop you his number. He can give you the specifics on series and year and stuff. I am just a middle man and posting for him. Contact Lee at (618) 304-4253

He works swing shift but you can call him whenever and leave a message and he will get back to you. Thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock