Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB 8" Under the dash custom Subwoofer Box (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB 8" Under the dash custom Subwoofer Box by FieroJonney
Started on: 08-06-2009 01:04 AM
Replies: 217 (12686 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-14-2019 05:34 PM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news?
More pictures?
IP: Logged
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would a shape like this work?

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Extending into the cavity you already made?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I know everyone has there own tast. But that is fugly! It screams STEAL ME and looks like it would be a PITA to get in/out of the seat...
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This would give you some extra air volume, I don't know how mutch though. But like ALFR said, it is obstructing the passenger space and t screams "Steal me"...

I don't have any pictures right now. Next time I go work in the garage I will take some. As for updates, I've put alot of coat of wax on the enclosure and started a set up to make the molds...

Again, I am buisy with school things, so I'll try to do my best during the vacations...

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys!

I have some updates:
-The enclosure has been waxed and polished and oh my god it's as shiny and smooth as a bowling ball!
-I've worked on an assembly to make my first mold of te enclosure. Due to it's wierd shape, it will have to be a 3 part mold.
-I've now started my vacations, so I will try to make alot of work on my car AND on the enclosure.

I will get some pics soon!
Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool!

Exited to hear about it.

Did you measure the interior volume with rice yet?
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not measure the enclosure air volume yet, it will need to wait until the first "final" enclosure is done.

Other updates:
-The "assembly" has been waxed
-2 layers of Gelcoat has been aplied
-The first layer of fiberglass has been aplied too

The next layer will have to wait tomorow. The pictures too!

EDIT: By the way: Sorry FieroJonney, I kind of stole your thread... :S

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by Black Pegasus (edited 12-22-2009).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

I know everyone has there own tast. But that is fugly! It screams STEAL ME and looks like it would be a PITA to get in/out of the seat...

When I posted the above example, I didn't mean, copy the shape and build. That would clash with the design language of the rest of the box.
I meant use it as an example of gaining *some* extra volume needed to make 0.83" cubic feet needed for the JL Audio 8w7. I severely doubt that *all* that volume is needed and the speaker either can use less space and still fire downwards, ("corner loading" does produce stronger bass after all) or fire forward but sit closer to the back to preserve foot room.
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:
-The second layer of fiberglass is done

I just have to wait that the fiberglass cure to "un-mold" the project.
As for your idea of making a bigger box like in the picture, but the subwoofer still face downward, I think this might work to get the extra air volume. I will finish the enclosure I am working on right now, see if I can re-pay the money I've invested in the project. Then, I'll try to figure out an alternative for the JL Audio 8w7 when I will have time. Now I need to concentrate my efforts on this and my car if I want to get both done for the Fiero season! :P

Here are some photos:

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good.. Keep the pictures coming. That should help with demand.
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys! (And girls if there are some watching this thread... :P)

All day I've been unmolding stuff (the enclosure and some other stuff for/from my cars) As you can see in the pictures, the clear, the pain and some of the primer sticked to the mold. Why? I suspect it because we didn't took the good hard for the paint and the clear. These two layers made a layer flexible. It's not dangerous for the shape of the mold because it can get of quite easily. Now I need to repair that mold instead of ontinuing to the other one. The only thing I fear about that is that the two part won't fit well together... Oh well, we'll see! Worst case senario: I have to put more hours in it.

After repairing this, I'll work on the 2nd part of the mold!

(Repairing will be a long step, so if I'm not posting before; Happy Holidays! )

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2009 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.diymobileaudio.c...old-school-subs.html <-- This might be gone soon, but if people are looking for a deal on JL 8w6's

They're used but very affordable:

Selling all three for $265.00 shipped to USA
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news?
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any news?

Not much, I have school (Again... ) So this puts on hold pretty much all my fieros project. I wished I would of worked more during the vacation. Now I have school and exams are coming up... I have no idea how my fiero projects will work out... Sorry for those who are waiting... :s

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for progress?

I am building a sonet tube box to fir a JL Audio 6.5... I would consider scraping this in favor of your 8" box... Do you have a rough guess as to what you will be selling them for (w/o speaker)?
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Bump for progress?

I am building a sonet tube box to fir a JL Audio 6.5... I would consider scraping this in favor of your 8" box... Do you have a rough guess as to what you will be selling them for (w/o speaker)?

First, thanks alot for your interest in my project!

Honnestly? I have no Idea. I will have to see first what this will cost me (In material) and then give you a price. I don't even know how much money the buyers wants to pay to have one. (I don't want to overprice it either... It's just a matter to adjust a right price)

As for progress, I am working on the mold part I just made, it's pretty rough because of the paint that pealed off the enclosure an sticked to the mold. I will have alot of wet sanding to do. AND, I've put some caulcing to fill the crack while making the mold but somehow and it is now molded inside the mold! I will need to get that out of there somehow and patch everything up to get the proper shape I want.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it help to expand the enclosure to above the heater box, where the stock porting pipe usually goes? That could be good for some cubic inches as well.

Don't worry too much about "pretty". Nobody will ever see the box, as it'll be stealthed out. As long as it has the correct volume for several speakers. (or can be fixed with "polyfill") It should be good.

I think a 8W7 would be great, but I also understand that that subwoofer is crazy expensive.

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think a 8W7 would be great, but I also understand that that subwoofer is crazy expensive.

True... duno if a fiberglass box could handle that speaker. Usually a speaker of that caliber would require at least 3/4" MDF w/ lots of bracing...

I think the 8w3 would be more then suficient in the fiero; at half the price...
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would it help to expand the enclosure to above the heater box, where the stock porting pipe usually goes? That could be good for some cubic inches as well.

Don't worry too much about "pretty". Nobody will ever see the box, as it'll be stealthed out. As long as it has the correct volume for several speakers. (or can be fixed with "polyfill") It should be good.

I can not take this extra space. You will need a place to put the chime module (The thing that's making a sound when your door is open). The wires aren't long enough to put it somewhere else.

To put the 8W7, I will probably need to reinforce the enclosure with some metal braces somehow... But as I said, I will first finish up this enclosure before making any other modifications to it.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Pegasus:

I can not take this extra space. You will need a place to put the chime module (The thing that's making a sound when your door is open). The wires aren't long enough to put it somewhere else.

To put the 8W7, I will probably need to reinforce the enclosure with some metal braces somehow... But as I said, I will first finish up this enclosure before making any other modifications to it.

Fred

You can always lengthen the wires and put it somewhere else. If you can gain valuable cubic inches that way, it's totally worth it. I wouldn't mind the module even dangling by the foot well. (just put it into a plastic enclosure so it doesn't get kicked by passengers)

Any news on this?
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not forgot this project, it is still in the garage in a safe place where it won't be damaged. I don't have any news (Sorry about that). My priority is to work on my Fiero (Getting it all ready for paint) because I really want it to be ready for my prom, it's important for me. I'm sure some of you guys understand, I want to have a good and rememberable prom with my Fiero. I'm sorry again.

Though, when I will get my car, I "need" to have a subwoofer in it! Sooo... I will restard the project as soon as possible!

Again, I'm really sorry... I did not quit, it's just a temporary hold on the project...

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am now the proud owner of this sub box because I bought the car it was in. It shakes the whole car and has amazing sound quality. It doesn't make getting in and out any harder, either. My only complaint with it is that it must be removed to remove the dash, but it is not even bolted in. It slides and locks in thanks to its shape without any bolts. Kudos to Fastback 86 for making it, he did an excellent job.
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news: I finally have some UPDATES!

From the last updates, all the 3 mold have been done, they were clean from the paint peeling and sticking to the mold, imperfection had been corrected and we design a way to have all 3 molds together at the exact same point at each time we fit them together. (Wich gives us streight enclosure that won't have parts offset because the molds weren't properly fitted together). Wich brings us to the point where all the molds are now together and I applied the gelcoat layer to my first enclosure! This enclosure will be used to see the specs (Like air volume and everything) and obviously to test it to see how it works out!

The project is now back on track, there will be some more updates soon!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, an other update!

My prototype has just been taken out of the molds tonight, looks actually good!

More to come!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
noice

[This message has been edited by FieroJonney (edited 07-02-2010).]

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi again!

Sorry it took some time, but I now have some pictures! Here is our prototype:

And here is the fitting (The fitting under the dash is the same as the red one though):

I've found the perfect spot to link the wires to pass them inside of the enclosure. I had the choice between those two connectors, one (On the left) is like a trigger push and the other one (On the right) is like a nut:

For this one, I've put the "Nut" like one:

Here is both of the speekers installed in the enclosure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, Obviously we had to tried one of them! (Actually, we tried both of them and the enclosure surely sounds great!) Here are some picture of the JL Audio subwoofer:

Now with the protection grill option:

And finally! Plugged into the car, just getting ready for use:

And now, I know a picture can't do nothing to make you feel the massive bass pounding on your chest, but maybe it would make you guys want to here such sound quality in a Fiero, the subwoofer in action!:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been totally amazed by this enclosure, we reached more than 0.33 cubic feet (Though, there will be a variation of air volume from a enclosure to the other). The JL Audio needed 0.3 cubic feet and the Pioneer could go from 0.15 to 0.5 cubic feet but the optimum is at 0.4 cubic feet. We pretty much meet our goal!

I can't describe the feeling I had when this subwoofer was playing. It really brings the bass the Fiero desperatelly needs and all that with an 8" subwoofer! Not just any 8", an 8" that fits under the dash! Now there will me much more space behind the seats without compromising the sound quality!

Though, there is still some work to get done, we need to design brackets to make it fit under that dash. There will be more to come!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm anxiously awaiting and I hope you plan to sell some of these!
all4u

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me when these go into production. I want one, like now! I am able to get the W7 woofer dirt cheap and if it sounds decent then I really want one. It's funny that you tested the woofer that I wanted to originally put into my car! PM me when you want to sell one of those things, money would be sent out the same day.
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how many I will sell, you guys will need to be patient because the process of making one is very long. And I don't know how many people want one at the price I will sell them. I don't have a fixed idea because the developpement isn't done yet.

There is one thing I want you guys to know: This subwoofer will cost more (I don't know by how much though) than the previous 8" under dash subwoofer enclosure i've seen made in PVC or other materials (That cost around a 100$). This enclosure Is build in both subwoofer requirements and really takes all the volume possible behind that dash without making any "Whisle" by it's odd shape. Without telling that fiberglass is an expensive material compared to plywood, PVC, MDF or any other way you can build an enclosure.

I will sell as many as I can. For a price, you will need to wait until the end of the developpement because the brackets will be included into the price.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Black Pegasus

193 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by all4u:

PM me when these go into production. I want one, like now! I am able to get the W7 woofer dirt cheap and if it sounds decent then I really want one. It's funny that you tested the woofer that I wanted to originally put into my car! PM me when you want to sell one of those things, money would be sent out the same day.

I'm sorry to let you know that the JL Audio 8W7 probably won't fit into this custom enclosure due to it's size but if it does, it is far from reaching the air volume recommendation for an optimum performance. It needs more than 0.875 cubic feet to have the optimum performance but my custom enclosure will only deliver around 0.33 cubic feet (I'm giving myself room of error if the air volume will change from one enclosure to the other.)

Though, what will fit into the enclosure is the JL Audio 8W7's little sister: the JL Audio 8W3V3 wich does perfectly the job!

Still want me to contact you when I'll start the production?

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

all4u

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I still want to be contacted! I could stick a bunch of different woofers in there. Let's see, Memphis M1 comes to mind. What about a Diamond D3? I know MTX has a small woofer, maybe the 4500 series? I also know Cerwin Vega and Boston Acoustics makes 8 inch woofers. What is the series from CV that has the reddish orange surround on it? Anyways, there are a ton of woofers to go with, and seeing as a memphis M1 or Diamond D3 goes for around $75, it would be cheap. (I'm partial to Diamond because I had two 12 inch CM3's in high school, basically old school D'3s, and they took an ass whooping!)

I still want to know when you are ready to price them out and I might even be able to come pick it up to avoid the headache of shipping. I'll drive to your house as long as I'm not working that day and there isn't an NIFE meet that day.
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by all4u:

Please do share the info. I'm desperately looking for an JL Audio 8w7. (I just haven't done the research yet if .33 cu ft will be enough for it)

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 07-07-2010).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Black Pegasus:

I'm sorry if the following question sound simplistic, or doesn't take into account soundwave propagation, but why didn't you use the area where the "blue dingy thingy" sits in your pictures?

Also, now that you know the volume, how long would a cylinder, or rectangular shaped extension have to be to reach the .875 cu ft the 8w7 requires?

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 07-07-2010).]

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry if the following question sound simplistic, or doesn't take into account soundwave propagation, but why didn't you use the area where the "blue dingy thingy" sits in your pictures?

Also, now that you know the volume, how long would a cylinder, or rectangular shaped extension have to be to reach the .875 cu ft the 8w7 requires?

To answer your first question: I had to keep some free space there for the chime module and the 4X10 speaker of the dash.

For your second question: My enclosure reach aproximatelly 0.33 cu feet. This means that you need to add aproximately 0.545 cu feet to meet the subwoofer optimum performance requirement with keeping in mind a proper mounting depth for the subwoofer. My enclosure can't meet the air volume expectation of the JL Audio 8W7.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
news?
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry, I didn't forgot you guys!

There's not any news regarding for the enclosure project, I was working on my car to get it done and drivable. I will now have more time for the project. The next step to work on is a bracket to hold them under the dash.

We are close to get it...

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates?
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever think about contacting a plastics manufacturer and have them blow-molded; like the MTX custom fit box's?

I am sure if you can get the sale price at or under $200; you would be able to sell several hundred of them... I know I would pay $200 for a well-designed/engineered 8" under the dash sub enclosure

I have a JL 6W3 in a custome enclosure now that souns good. Could only imagine how good the 8 would sound...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 09-24-2010).]

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I did not.

I am used to making piece out of fiberglass and someday I'm planning on doing a little bit of carbon fiber. Though, I never though about plastics. I've looked at it a little and I think my best bet would be by injection molding. I don't know if they can use fiberglass molds to mold the plastic into them or it absolutelly has to be metal. (If it is metal, it's not worth it machining a mold due to it's awkward shape) I don't know anything about the price either, (As I said, I'm more familiar with fiberglass than plastics) but the cost of production would be lower than making the enclosure of fiberglass and it would take less time to produce, wich means a lower price to sell them, wich means more affordable for you guys, with a much quicker production rate, wich means alot more people will enjoy the product, wich means everyone will be happier!
I will inform myself on that subject, Thanks for the great idea!

The JL 8W3V3 subwoofer is just perfect. For the size of the car, you don't need two 12" subwoofer and two 1 000 watts power amp. The 8W3V3 is just making the job! You guys would love it. I'm pretty sure you guys don't need to go with the JL Audio 8W7, from what I heard from both the pioneer and the 8W3V3, the 8W7 would just be over-kill.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the pioneer ib flat in my .23 in box and it sounds great nice frequency response and it only needs .05 to .15 cu the larger one at .4 i believe is for a ported box not a sealed enclosure. I should be at lilitz if anyone wants to hear the pioneer in an under dash enclosure. No i do not have one of Pegasuses enclosures its made by wikkid one but it will give you an idea of just how good an enclosure like this will do with a matched speaker not one struggling to find room to breathe.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock