'88 Fiero Build "War Hammer" by War Hammer
Started on: 02-10-2008 01:29 PM
Replies: 231 (33853 views)
Last post by: dskebo on 03-15-2018 07:32 PM
longgonefiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longgonefieroSend a Private Message to longgonefieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say that the interior mod is one of the better looking ones I have seen. Keep up the good work and keep us informed.
IP: Logged
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to let you know I will beginworking on the car again in August. Keep your fingers crossed.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

I completed the circuit with my arm.

I hope you're getting a good final outcome with this.

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The nerve is fried . It will continue to degenerate, but I will persevere as best as I can. Eventually I will lose the use of my left arm. I will be doing custom work until my arm fails.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from helping Whadeduck with lowering the passenger side front of Ferrario and installing 12" Corvette rotor and Brembo. Wow it's gonna be sweet. War Hammer restarts this week! Keep watching!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have drawings for an adapter to put C4 calipers on an '88 with 13" inch Viper rotors?

Paul
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an update. I ordered my whell spacers, seats, steering wheel, and shift knob last night. Pics here.
The Seats - Someone stole my C4 Sport Seats

The Pedals

Shift Knob

Gauges

Tach

1" Spacers for the front.

3" Spacers for the rear.

Valve stem caps

The Paint

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 08-17-2010).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is supposed to arrive Friday. It is going to be a busy weekend.

Paul
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds good !

Looks like you are going wide ?
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know I have had that kit for 2 years + now. Time to do something w it. Hahah!
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished the cut outs for the gauges. Pics by Friday.
PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried to mount the shift ball last night. The bottom piece fit fine but the top piece is too small. Almost finished with the driver's side body kit mounting.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been helping War Hammer put the wide body kit on his car. Looking good so far. A lot of fitting and re-fitting. But it's getting there. Archie makes a product of great quality.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (In A Museum)

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more progress with the wiring.

Wiring

Gauges

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much exciting going on. I am continuing the wiring (car side) today. Additionally I am finishing mounting the body kit tonight. I can't say enough good things about the body kit fit. Archie has a great product. I plan to have everything ready for primer next week.

After that stage will come engine mods. I am trying to get 300hp at the wheels. I will swap blowers to a '94-'95 style and drop pulley size down as far as I can go, 36lb injectors, and a reprogram. I think that should just about do it.

Thanks for reading.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an update. I have installed rivet nuts on the doors and rockers. I have lined up all body parts and will be doing bonding of door and fender caps. I removed the front spacers as they just pushed the wheels out too far. Whade Duck and I installed the Mustang scoop on the decklid and cut a large hole under it to vent the engine bay more.

I sent the chip out to be reprogrammed too.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is turning out to be a pretty interesting build, love to see the progress, keep it up!
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All,

Here are some pics of the install.
Driver's side modified for rear fender cap.

The Passenger side ready for the rear fender cap.

Whadeduck drilling the holes for the Mustang Scoop ('79 if you need to know).

Closeup of the holes being drilled in the decklid.

Large hole cut into decklid that is covered by the scoop. This will allow the engine bay to cool much better. We just cut out the area between the support skeleton in the back.

Driver's side bonded with panel adheasive and finished.

Passenger side bonded with panel adheasive and finished.

Hope this tides you over for now.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been fiberglassing. Post pics later this week. I forgot how much fun it is. I created more work than I wanted jajaja.

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paul any new pics ??
Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great build...
Great thread can't wait for more pics...

------------------
Gary W. Patterson
Raven88
88 Fiero
86 Fiero GT

PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really appreciate your patients.
I have been going through some rough times.
Anyway, with out further adu.
The new, bigger 1995 M62 Supercharger is now painted

And I have installed a DVD/TV radio in the car.

I have to kick things up a notch.
I am trying to have the car ready for paint and the interior finished in two weeks. There is a lot of work to do. Install new injectors, plugs, supercharger, pulley, belt, seats, rewire gauges, rewire cpu, install gauges, install door panels (firebird, they go better with the corvette stuff), Fiberglass, sand,bondo, sand, etc.

I only have 15 days to accomplish all of it.

Keep watching and I will keep posting.

Thanks!
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paul Congratulations on the project.

Are you planning to bring it to Daytona ?
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably not this year. I have surgery the first part of April. They are literally going to cut off my head. Hahaha. The need to fuse 3 vertibre in my neck or I will be paralized. I was in a bad accident on 12/21/09 and have partial paralysis in my left arm from it and a lot of pain.

When is Daytona this year?

Thanks,
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daytona is the last weekend in March.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-01-2011).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some updated pictures. Really not too much going on. Sanding, sanding and sanding. Getting ready for filler. I uerthaned on the panels on the quarters and doors then I fiberglassed over the seams.

And I picked up a ser of firebird door panels to update the doors.

More pictures soon!
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much going on today. I installed some Bosch Plus 4 spark pligs and I am charging the battery getting her ready to run.

I do have an Idea / question. Everyone I see (jscott, et al) cut off the back of the firebird door panel. Why not section it near the middle to make it fit? Then the arm rest has a much more natural taper.

I am looking into this.

Tomorrow will be a BIG day. New SC and pulley are going on!!!! Also new 36lb injectors too. Sunday after church I will rewire the computer. All next week is sand fill sand fill sand.

If my 13" brake rotors ever come back from the machine shop they will go on too! Along with the braided lines!

Then a few days for the interior.

And then aa well desevers vacation for the rest of the month!!!

I am going to the Dominican Republic to see some beautiful landscape and breathtaking girls.

Have a great day!!!!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Just looked at the door panel again and answered my own question! Im the words of Homer Simpson, "DooH!".

The upsweep on the door pocket prevents what I was thinking.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is today's progress.
1. Red (old) Supercharger with fuel rails and vacuum lines off.

2. The lower intake after the red supercharger was removed.

In order to get this far the fuel rail, throttle body, belts, spark plug wires, vacuum lines, alternator, and supercharger had to be removed. It took me and Wadeduck 3 hours.
3. This is how it looks with the gasket in place. Notice there are 2 locating pins.

4. Now the orange (newly rebuilt '95 supercharger) is mounted. The front stud (the one by the pulley) goes in first and then you slide the supercharger across and then down onto the gasket.

What we have done here is take the original '92 M62 supercharger off and placed a '95 M62 on. The '95 moves more air. I took off the '95's 2.8" pulley and replaced it with the '92's 2.5" pulley. This gives more boost without going crazy. The next photo shows a comparison. The pulleys have been swapped already in this photo.

Notice the difference in the size of the 2 pulleys. By the way I am selling the red one if anyone wants it. It is a '92 m62 with a 2.8 pulley. Nothing wrong with it I just needed more boost. $200.00 plus shipping.
More tomorrow!
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good !

------------------
1985SE - ( aka V-8 Archie Choptop #4)
3800 SC Series 2 engine - Whodeanie Customs
3'" custom chop - V8 Archie
lamborghini style vertical door hinges - V8 Archie
lowering springs
17"aftermarket wheels - Troyboy

1986GT - Sold
1986 coupe 2M4- Sold
1986 SE - Sold

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-06-2011).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

looking good !

Thanks, Tony!!!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Paul. I'll be watching how the firebird door panels turn out. I've been on the fence on that mod.
Cheers,
Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Looks good Paul. I'll be watching how the firebird door panels turn out. I've been on the fence on that mod.
Cheers,
Ryan

Will keep you updated!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
OK, here is today's update.
I finished putting the vacuum lines, fuel lines and injectors on. I also added a "cold air" intake. It is one I had lying aound. Later I will modify it to get air from the driver side air intake.

And I cut the firebird door panels to fit.
Passenger Side

Driver Side

That is all for today. Tomorrow I will screw the door panels down in position and start rewiring the computer. I dread it but it has to be done.
Updates soon!
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't get a lot accomplished today. All I did was remove the stock seatbelts and figure out how to mount the new seats. I have to use Fiero seat rails and drill them to line up with the new seats. there is a 1" difference in that the new seats are wider. at the mounting points. If I drill new holes in the rail 1/2" close to the inside of the seat everything should workout.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Troy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TroySend a Private Message to TroyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice build man.
How much did the bodykit run you in all
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Troy:

Nice build man.
How much did the bodykit run you in all

I've looked into one too, decided its not for me (at the moment)
http://v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm
Products -> exterior -> widebody
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this build. It is such a clean looking build. My favorite thing is that it looks like a lightly modified new car and not the heavily modified 23 year old car that it really is. In other words, I find it to be very professionally completed. Definitely not amateur hour.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

update ?
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it has been a while. My father has been ill and it takes a lot of my time. I will be working on it this week though. Sorry it is taking so long.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie