'88 Fiero Build "War Hammer" by War Hammer
Started on: 02-10-2008 01:29 PM
Replies: 231 (33825 views)
Last post by: dskebo on 03-15-2018 07:32 PM
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So here begins the story of my '88 Fiero, War Hammer.

I purchased the car from Josh "Pacethis" and picked it up on February 2nd, 2008. As many of you know I bought the car on eBay for $6000.00. It is an '88 with an ACE 3800sc Series 1 conversion, Konis, 18x7.5 rims, 5spd, fastback conversion, and most importantly, a C5 dash conversion.

It makes a good starting point for what I have planned - BIG brakes (13" or bigger Corvette, Viper, Porsche or 350z), 3800sc Series 2 conversion, G6 6spd conversion, Archie's widebody kit, rollcage, and finish the interior. Now this is the plan for '08. The trick is I need to come in around $6k for all of this (that is the budget the wife set) and be done in time for the Hilton Head Island track days and concours. By the way, this will be a street, road course, autocross car.

For '09 I want to chop the top, vinyl wrap (I like to change things up to often to paint), and install a killer sound system.

I will need a lot of help from you all for parts sources, diagrams, etc during this build so any is appreciated. I have limited knowledge when it comes to mechanical things but can follow directions well.

The Motor

The Body and Wheels

The Interior

Does anybody make a 13" or 14" brake kit that doesn't ue the '88 calipers?
Who makes the best rolcages for Fieros? (yes I know it wilhave to be recut after the chop later).
Does Purle Reign have a pricelist?

Thank you in advance for any help and positive comments and suggestions on thi project.
------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 02-15-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you be widening the rear wheel to use up the space with the wide body?

To post pictures, there is a thing called PIP, which i dont use. I usually take photos, and
upload them to photobucket, then i use the [img..] line they provide and paste into a comment.

What do you mean by "vinyl wrap"? Put vinyl wrap on the chopped top? :0

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:
Does anybody make a 13" or 14" brake kit that doesn't ue the '88 calipers?

Several options. D1S (13" Corvette), WCF (Viper 13"), Held's 13", and a few homebrews 13". I have D1S 13" on an 88, but D1S is currently having communication issues. You'll save more monies using an homebrew kit (if offered) but I don't know of any issues concerning those kits and neither do I regarding WCFs.

Future plan 13/14 combo; You'll need big boy rims to clear the 14" rear rotor and 18" for the fronts, but certain 17" will clear a 13" rotor.

58.5 pounds total weight for 13/14 combo

14" weight

13" weight

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good, but never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew can make your Dreams into a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-10-2008).]

Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 6 speed conversion is pretty much gauranteed to suck up at least $2000. I spent about $2500 on mine doing everything myself, and there wasn't a whole lot of room to make things much cheaper.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

To post pictures, there is a thing called PIP, which i dont use. I usually take photos, and
upload them to photobucket, then i use the [img..] line they provide and paste into a comment.

I will probably be using 3" hubcentric spacers.

Thanks for the help!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

A vinyl wrap is what they use on most race cars today and those vehicles you see covered in advertising graphics all over are usually wraps also. What you do is go to a sign shop that offers them and they cover your car in a special vinyl instead of painting. Around here the retail is around 1K; I know some suppliers so I can get it for around 500-600 depending on the graphics (inks). By utilizing this I can afford to change colors/graphics frequently.

Hope this helps.
~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by madcurl:

Several options. D1S (13" Corvette), WCF (Viper 13"), Held's 13", and a few homebrews 13". I have D1S 13" on an 88, but D1S is currently having communication issues. You'll save more monies using an homebrew kit (if offered) but I don't know of any issues concerning those kits and neither do I regarding WCFs.

Future plan 13/14 combo; You'll need big boy rims to clear the 14" rear rotor and 18" for the fronts, but certain 17" will clear a 13" rotor.

58.5 pounds total weight for 13/14 combo

14" weight

13" weight

Hi Curly,

I have 18"s already on it so 14" rotors should fit. As far as where to get the adapters from WCF I hear take way too long. The car has to be rolling (or more apropriately stopping) within 60 days. D1S sounds ok if they are going to get over their communication problems soon. If I can't find an easy solution soon (this week) I'll start creating one witha fab shop.

Thanks for your input! Keep it coming!

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
`

Originally posted by Zac88GT:

The 6 speed conversion is pretty much gauranteed to suck up at least $2000. I spent about $2500 on mine doing everything myself, and there wasn't a whole lot of room to make things much cheaper.

What costs soo much? Please forgive my ignorance but the trannys themselves are only 500 delivered brand new.

Thanks.

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 6speed upgrade offers very little over a stock fiero transmission, and a huge price upgrade.

Between adapter plates, intermediate shafts, custom axles, shifter cables, cable brackets, mounts, and fully custom clutch makes the 6speed swap more complex than any other swap you could do, motor or transmission.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 02-10-2008).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

The 6speed upgrade offers very little over a stock fiero transmission, and a huge price upgrade.

Between adapter plates, intermediate shafts, custom axles, shifter cables, cable brackets, mounts, and fully custom clutch makes the 6speed swap more complex than any other swap you could do, motor or transmission.

I thought the trans bolted directly to a series 2?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Curly,

I have 18"s already on it so 14" rotors should fit. As far as where to get the adapters from WCF I hear take way too long. The car has to be rolling (or more apropriately stopping) within 60 days. D1S sounds ok if they are going to get over their communication problems soon. If I can't find an easy solution soon (this week) I'll start creating one witha fab shop.

Thanks for your input! Keep it coming!

~Paul

You might want to recheck since the Baer 13/14 combo came from a wrecked Corvette with 19/20 combo HRE wheels. Although the 18s might work with the 13" rotor being used, it maybe a different story for the rears.

Original thread here //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/052624-5.html

PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Curly! I will.

~Paul
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What costs soo much? Please forgive my ignorance but the trannys themselves are only 500 delivered brand new.

Trans $950 (500+350 shipping + brokerage and tax)
Used axles and intermediate shaft from a cobalt ss $450
resplining axles $200
G6 master cylinder assembly $200
Flywheel adapter material only $125
Dakota digital signal converter $100
2 new shifter cables $300
4spd shifter $25
flywheel balancing $50
trans fluid $100
misc material for mounts and brackets $100

On top of that you're going to have to choose a clutch ( I modified one that i already had because it only had like 200km's on it) so that will be at least $300 more, and the cost of haveing the flywheel adapter made if you can't do it yourself. For my design it probably would have been over $500 but you could dramatically reduce that by changing the style.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zac88GT:

Trans $950 (500+350 shipping + brokerage and tax)
Used axles and intermediate shaft from a cobalt ss $450
resplining axles $200
G6 master cylinder assembly $200
Flywheel adapter material only $125
Dakota digital signal converter $100
2 new shifter cables $300
4spd shifter $25
flywheel balancing $50
trans fluid $100
misc material for mounts and brackets $100

On top of that you're going to have to choose a clutch ( I modified one that i already had because it only had like 200km's on it) so that will be at least $300 more, and the cost of haveing the flywheel adapter made if you can't do it yourself. For my design it probably would have been over $500 but you could dramatically reduce that by changing the style.

Does seem a little daunting. However things seem a little cheaper here in the states. Trannys are only $475 new delivered. But it can be quite expensive if you don't have friends. I will document the expenses when I do it.

Thanks fir the info!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
OK good news/bad news. I started disassembling the dash today tto see exactly what I have gotten into. It is a little rougher than advertised. There isn't any bracing on the bottom, the gauges were ruined when the previous owner epoxied some vinyl to them, a hydra of wiring, etc. It will take a few days to sort it out but I will perservere. Right now I am looking for a Corvette dash harness so I can finish wiring in the stock switches.

I'll keep you posted.

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 02-11-2008).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does seem a little daunting. However things seem a little cheaper here in the states. Trannys are only $475 new delivered. But it can be quite expensive if you don't have friends. I will document the expenses when I do it.

Thanks fir the info!

Paul

I've wanted to do a 6 speed to my car from the time they started showing up as a swap option, but since you need special stuff to adapt it, (it will bolt up sans adapter) I will wait a little. Cost o up fast in for special stuff.

Keep us posted!
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there War Hammer, I'm doing a s1 s/c swap right now, what are your opinions on the performance? Is it a stock engine? And also, any pics would be wonderful

------------------

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK good news/bad news. I started disassembling the dash today tto see exactly what I have gotten into. It is a little rougher than advertised. There isn't any bracing on the bottom, the gauges were ruined when the previous owner epoxied some vinyl to them, a hydra of wiring, etc. It will take a few days to sort it out but I will perservere. Right now I am looking for a Corvette dash harness so I can finish wiring in the stock switches.

I'll keep you posted.

~Paul

Lemme know if ya be needin' any assistance. With any luck, I could have your dash rewired in six to eight months tops.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

Hey there War Hammer, I'm doing a s1 s/c swap right now, what are your opinions on the performance? Is it a stock engine? And also, any pics would be wonderful

Hi James,

I'll get you some pics as soon as I can, anything in particular? The performance is pretty good I havn't driven it far yet. The exhaust is free flowing (no mufflers) so I runs well.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm referring to how it feels on the low end, where it seems like it's running out of air, and how it performs when you floor it at 60mph. Just the basics

oh, you mean pictures... Well just a few overviews that cover the wiring would be great. If they relocated the coil packs, maybe get a shot of that? As far as the exhaust goes, can you hear the s/c over the engine in the passenger compartment under WOT?

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 02-11-2008).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

Well I'm referring to how it feels on the low end, where it seems like it's running out of air, and how it performs when you floor it at 60mph. Just the basics

oh, you mean pictures... Well just a few overviews that cover the wiring would be great. If they relocated the coil packs, maybe get a shot of that? As far as the exhaust goes, can you hear the s/c over the engine in the passenger compartment under WOT?

It feels way better on the low end from stock (phenomonally better). I haven't had it up to 60 yet. The motor seems to pull strong up to about 5k. The coils are on the firewall side of the motor (don't know where stock was). I cannot hear the s/c over the exhaust at any speed.

I will get pics up soon, probably on Thursday.

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With your wiring difficulties, have you checked Painless yet?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doug Chase at Chase Race makes fantastic cages/bars for the Fiero.

http://www.chaserace.com/

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.
You know that little voice that says it can't be done? I duct-taped its mouth shut and pushed it down a flight of stairs. (Leader of the Insurgency)

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

I can second that.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Thanks for the info!

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by whadeduck:

With your wiring difficulties, have you checked Painless yet?

But I'm a Masochist. Seriously though, I am going to use a Corvette dash harness to mate the switches to the Fiero harness. I shouldn't be too difficult just time consuming.

Anyone have a dash wiring diagram they wouldn't mind posting for either or both?

Thanks,
~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have purchased my braided brake lines and calipers (2002 Camaro - not Corvette I know, but still should be good for up to 300-400HP and cost only $116 delivered for all 4).

Now all I have to do is buy rotors and have some brackets made. On the rotors, should I go with 13" Corvette or 13" Viper rears all around?

Anyone have any premade brackets for these (no West Coast or Fiero Addiction please - I've heard of the problems)? I still haven't heard from D1S.

Thanks you and keep watching!

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 02-15-2008).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Figured out how to post pics today!

I will post some of the calipers and lines also.

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Here are the pictures of my calipers and brake lines. The brake lines are from Autobahn Performance Development and cost $77.00 delivered. You can reach them at 1.800.248.2861 or sales@autobahnpd.com.

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All,

I purchased my new (to me) seats. I set of 1993 Corvette Sports seats off of ebay the other day. I'm I piece closer (lol).

Have a great day!

~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to update today. I ordered my widebody kit with fenders and spoiler from Archie today . Yesterday I ordered the 13" Viper rear rotors for all around.

I'll keep you posted.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not much to update today. I ordered my widebody kit with fenders and spoiler from Archie today . Yesterday I ordered the 13" Viper rear rotors for all around.

I'll keep you posted.

Paul

Wow! I see your on a "War path" and you don't mess around.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul, next club meeting you better have lots of pictures. How are you on your budget so far? Hey Rich why so long to rewire Pauls dash?

Joe
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow! I see your on a "War path" and you don't mess around.

Life is too short. I need this project to help me keep my mind off my health. This is just the "gathering" phase, I will slow down a bit when I hit the actual mods.

By the way, anyone have the dimensions of the concentric rings for the Viper Rotors?

Thanks,
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Hey Paul, next club meeting you better have lots of pictures. How are you on your budget so far? Hey Rich why so long to rewire Pauls dash?

Joe

I'll try but there is not that much happening to the car right now. I'm just gathering parts so I can start and not have to slow down. If I let that happen I end up stopping for a long time.
Rich is having probs at work so he is pretty occupied.

When it is time for body mounting are up for some assistance? I haven't fiberglassed in about 15 years.

Thanks,
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Life is too short. I need this project to help me keep my mind off my health. This is just the "gathering" phase, I will slow down a bit when I hit the actual mods.

Thanks,
Paul

What's the ETA on the Mad-Arch kit?
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's the ETA on the Mad-Arch kit?

Hi Curly,

Archie says I should get it March 3rd. and then the fun begins! How about sending me some links to your rides? Are you going to Daytona?

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will probably be using 3" hubcentric spacers.

Thanks for the help!

Paul

I hope you're not really considering this. Ditch the 6 speed swap and put the money toward a nice set of wide wheels that will actually fit the widebody without using spacers. Much safer, and will look better.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Adam (edited 02-22-2008).]

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you have a lot of free time. You'll need it to sort stuff out. I should know, check
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052684.html
my 87 Coupe project.

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 02-22-2008).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

I hope you're not really considering this. Ditch the 6 speed swap and put the money toward a nice set of wide wheels that will actually fit the widebody without using spacers. Much safer, and will look better.

Spacers are good enough for a Porsche 930, I don't see a problem. The 6 spd may not happen as I may have a Getrag already. If so, those funds will go to the motor.

Thanks,
Paul
------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

edit for typo