Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build (Page 5)

Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build by FierociousGT
Started on: 09-05-2007 09:11 PM
Replies: 369 (26462 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-27-2009 09:56 AM
FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like this is coming together. Can't wait to see it finished. Any updates with the headlights Archie?
FierociousGT did you decide on a color yet?

Keep us updated....

-Alex
IP: Logged
thelast_graham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelast_grahamSend a Private Message to thelast_grahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone... question about a car on Archie's site.. the gray fastback with the corvette tail lights on the widebody sales page... is that chop top? - Andrew

[This message has been edited by thelast_graham (edited 01-03-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

They don't come with a projector unless I retro fit them. They are H4. I'm going to go with the 6000k which emits 2900lm. I like a little tint of blue.

Notice the lights in the background and the sky turn blue?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Looks like this is coming together. Can't wait to see it finished. Any updates with the headlights Archie?

Keep us updated....

-Alex

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a Bump for good measure
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dave, or Archie,....

Any new pics ??
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
????
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thelast_graham:

Hello everyone... question about a car on Archie's site.. the gray fastback with the corvette tail lights on the widebody sales page... is that chop top? - Andrew

Yes, that is a choptop.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These pics pretty much explain what we're doing with the headlights......

These are pics from the last several days.

Not really showing much of the glass layup, we've seen enough of that in the last year or more.

WE have lots of filling & sanding of the headlight surrounding area to get it all nice & smooth.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that's the ticket!

Boy, thats alot of fiber glass work!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet !

Dave should be really happy with that.

Archie and crew really do some killer glass work !

Hey Curly you can't crack on Central Florida Fiero meetings (stock cars and 15" rims) any more hehehe !

Florida's only two v-8 archie choptops (mine- below and Dave's) both now belonging to CFF's !!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey Curly you can't crack on Central Florida Fiero meetings (stock cars and 15" rims) any more hehehe ! Florida's only two v-8 archie choptops (mine- below and Dave's) both now belonging to CFF's !!

It isn't official until both car's wheels are rolling on Florida's pavement, hehe.

Seriously, you FL guys are going to have two nice choptops at your club meetings .

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-15-2008).]

red_rock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red_rockSend a Private Message to red_rockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is my concept.

Hopefully I don't get sued by the PFF member in Montreal for the lady I took from his pic.

Concept thanks to the virtual cars tutorials at www.digimods.co.uk

NOTE:
*Driven Vision Extreme Hood Extractor had to have major modification due to design flaws and thickness. Practically it had to be reconstructed and doesn't resemble the original piece.

¹ Fiero Store's GT Turbo scoops had to be modified to fit the choptop.
² Fiero Warehouse IMSA front end had some modifications on the bumper mouth opening and wheel archs to support bigger wheels.

Photoshop retouching was done on choptop #13 Blackdeath.

hehehe I see you picked my girl for your photo.. Nice to know that she is your favorite. :-)
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She looks great....

O yea, Looks good too Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She looks great....

O yea, Looks good too Archie

Well heck, the pics I took today don't look as good as your photoshop so no point in posting them.

Archie
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post them away please
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris & Rob...

Dobry praca faceci

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-16-2008).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT

2307 posts
Member since Jan 2007
Here is another Photochop... Ferocious attitude...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is another Photochop... Ferocious attitude...

Nice photoshop Dave.

Hey Archie, any additional pics of #025, cause I'm bored? We need new Pontiac excitement!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Nice photoshop Dave.

Hey Archie, any additional pics of #025, cause I'm bored? We need new Pontiac excitement!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geezs, three pages back, I'll fix that.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We worked on the front end all week.

After working the headlight openings Kris went on to glassing in the front air dam & right now the front end is off of the car as he trues up the radii of the front wheel well arches.

I'm here to tell you that it's a lot easier to photoshop in a set of headlights than it is to actually get them installed right.

Here's some pics.

When you're quoting to put something like this together, it's hard to be exact because you never know what you're going to run into.

Here the tops of the fiberglass fenders have too much arc in them & don't match the hood so you spend time grinding down the fiberglass.

Doing this filling & sanding don't make for a lot of photo opps but it's gotta be done.

We don't get to take the green tape off of the lightrs until we are done with the heavy body work.

Right now the front end is off of the car again for more glass work........

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics Archie and taking pics of the details or boring parts are fine with me. I'd rather view that any day vs. reading a dumb bashing thread.

When will the Lamborghini replica mirrors project start?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice pics Archie and taking pics of the details or boring parts are fine with me. I'd rather view that any day vs. reading a dumb bashing thread.

When will the Lamborghini replica mirrors project start?

I don't know, the mirrors aren't here yet.

You know there are always things that happen that are not anticipated.

Like when we got the nose for Troy's car it had a full "floor" across the bottom of the nose inside the grill opening. I think Troy's front clip had the "big mouth" option.

The nose we're working with here idoesn't have a "floor" in it. So it flexes a lot more when bolted in place. We are going to have to do some extra work on it to firm it up. Still looking at our options on that right now.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
As you can see in this picture the 2 orange things you can see theu the grill opening are the jackstands under the front crossmember...

And here on Troy's nose, you can see how the widemouth front spoiler option gives a good solid "floor" for the front end & also will help to funnel air to the radiator.

Archie
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey....can I paint those edges while it's off the car?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stopped by Archie's today to touch base and drop off the new headlights. Also reviewing the trimed turbo scoop sail panels for my choptop.
O' Really?

We should have some updates in the coming month.

Cool. We need some Pontiac excitement! Oh yeah, who was taking the pictures?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
You know there are always things that happen that are not anticipated.

Like when we got the nose for Troy's car it had a full "floor" across the bottom of the nose inside the grill opening. I think Troy's front clip had the "big mouth" option.

The nose we're working with here idoesn't have a "floor" in it. So it flexes a lot more when bolted in place. We are going to have to do some extra work on it to firm it up. Still looking at our options on that right now.

Archie

Cool. We need some Pontiac excitement! Oh yeah, who was taking the pictures?

Choptop #4 looked bored so she took the pic

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-22-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Geezs, three pages back, I'll fix that.

Three pages back again. Any new pics yet?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report, just more sanding filling & shaping.

We've spent more time on the nose of this car than we've spent on everything else.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good.
Archie are you going to fill in the lines?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looking good.

Nope, he wants the nose seperate.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-23-2008).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looking good.

Originally posted by Archie:
Nope, he wants the nose seperate.

Archie

The reason it's not getting filled is if the bumper has to be removed for any reason and if I'm not mistaken red box is one piece [PIC 1]... Right Archie or is it separate so we can fill the lines and do this[PIC 2]?

[PIC 1]

[PIC 2]

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-24-2008).]

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its gettin there....

Bondo bondo maaaaaaannn, Krrriissy wants to be, a bondooo man....put in that 20K ventalation system in yet Arch?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:
Its gettin there....

Bondo bondo maaaaaaannn, Krrriissy wants to be, a bondooo man....put in that 20K ventalation system in yet Arch?

Well the story with the bondo is we want it very smooth to make a carbon fiber flip nose. It's looking ripe and ready to eat . I will definitely need to get gray primer on it . I already shipped it with the ventalation system installed .

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 01-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I already shipped it with the ventalation system installed .

I was talking about a vent system for the shop, but thats cool. I actually did the bondo work for the hood scoop, rear widebody, doors and wing on your car as well as fitting the rear bumper. It was the first time I did all the body work by myself, (with some advice from Kris of course), and it came out great if I do say so myself

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 01-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more pics, any more pics!
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock