Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build (Page 2)

Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build by FierociousGT
Started on: 09-05-2007 09:11 PM
Replies: 369 (26460 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-27-2009 09:56 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that most of the interior is matted with Dynomate. How much material did you use and the cost?

IP: Logged
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, I didn't the previous owner put that in.

Archie any updates? I was reviewing the Mini cooper side markers we may need to go into the fender due to the curve. Good thing you haven't glassed them.. right? How are the new headlight coming. Post pics where the cut is on the hood/bumper location before cutting. I'll reply to your email this week.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-07-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dude, Try to control yourself.

The last update was Friday night, yesterday was Saturday, today is Sunday.

Archie

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Curly, I didn't the previous owner put that in.

Archie any updates? I was reviewing the Mini cooper side markers we may need to go into the fender due to the curve. Good thing you haven't glassed them.. right? How are the new headlight coming. Post pics where the cut is on the hood/bumper location before cutting. I'll reply to your email this week.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, Curly's excitement is contagious!
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie go ahead and order the new wind shield and use the stock mirrors. I decided to pass on the F430 mirrors at $1100 each. To much money.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Hey Dude, Try to control yourself.

The last update was Friday night, yesterday was Saturday, today is Sunday.

Archie

I check the forum about every 30 minutes looking for updates

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I check the forum about every 30 minutes looking for updates

I don't know about checking every 30 minutes, but I'm checking it now, hehe.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the Cooper side marker lights today.

They look like they will look good when installed.

We're working on glassing the body today.

It'll be a few days before we can do a proper test fitting of the side markers but they look good so far.

Archie
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to have to get out my trusty beating stick.... any updates..

The natives are bored and getting restless!

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-16-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics, pics, pieeeeks!
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I C U

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so you want an update.

This will be the boring update.

We're just doing fiberglass work. People have seen us doing this kind of work 20 times already.

It's dirty, dusty & repetitive. But here goes......

Laying up the last layer of fiberglass matt on the rear clip, Kris has the gas cap door assembly attached already....

Then we installed the center section of the spoiler.....

The beginning of the filling & sanding is begun.....

More glassing around the rear end of the fender cap......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Getting ready to fiberglass the door caps into place......

Glassing on the wing tips......

Archie

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is turning out great,
David I am really happy for you and I can't wait until you get some wheels and bring it back to O town.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

This will be the boring update.

We're just doing fiberglass work. People have seen us doing this kind of work 20 times already.

It's dirty, dusty & repetitive. But here goes......

It looks great!!

Although I can think of several things in life that I have been doing that are dirty, dusty & repetitive all my life they are still fun

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
It looks great!!

Although I can think of several things in life that I have been doing that are dirty, dusty & repetitive all my life they are still fun

I second that! I also see a VDI door in the back ground, hehehe.

Edit: Correction. I see both doors with VDIs, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-18-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe now Curly you can't crack on me for going to our mostly stock fiero CFF club meetings !

15" rims are not on this menu !

Congratulations Dave !

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey David, have you decided what to do with the blank canvas (deck lid)?

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's at the end of my list. I'm actually going to bug you and Troy for ideas when my wallet gains some weight... Once this project is complete it's going to be one Bad Mofo...

Jules' wallet not included...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-18-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's at the end of my list. I'm actually going to bug you and Troy for ideas when my wallet gains some weight... Once this project is complete it's going to be one Bad Mofo...

careful what you ask for PM sent
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jules' wallet not included...

Don't talk to me or you'll be spending mo monies just like Leroy did, hehe. However, if you do, you'll have a bad mofo fo sure, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-19-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The natives are bored and getting restless!

What. No pics?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll remember that this car had a hood scoop glassed into the original hood. We didn't get a lot of good pics of it but trust me, it would have taken weeks to make it look right.
So earlier in this thread we took the scoop out of the original hood because starting over on the hood scoop install would take a lot less time. These scoops typically have a lot of warp to them & vary greatly in the thickness of the fiberglass. In the original installation in the original hood, the scoop was just pushed down to make it flush then glassed/bondo'ed/glues into place that caused the original hood to loose it's shape & it looked bad.

So, this last week we staeted remounting it into a new hood.

In these pics you can see why we decided it need a new installation into the new hood.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
When we install a hood scoop, we try to leave the original ribs on the underside of the hood. So when we cut the opening in the top layer of the hood we are carefull to leave the ribs in place on the underside of the hood. The more of those ribs you can leave in place the more support you have for your insert & much of the original rubber seal will still be effective in sealing the front compartment.

However that requires that the hood scoop insert you are using is about the same thickness as the thickness of the cutout you made in the hood. That means we had to do a bunch of grinding on the fiberglass.

Here's what we had once we got started.....

To get it to lay in there flat we decided to cut the scoop in half to take out a bunch of the warp......

Next we'll fiberglass it inside & out.....

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. Whats up with the company thats making the scoop...can't the company get-it-right during production vs. having the installer fixing the flaws?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DrivenDisions.com. I think the PFF user name is the same. The hood scoop is very thick (too thick due to not hand laid fiberglass), I did notice it was warped and one of the scoops is shorter and not contoured correctly to match the shape on the other side. On the positive side their customer service was good.

It's the same scoop thats on Troy's car.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While at the Dells 2007 show, I noticed it too on a blue homebrew widebody notchback; the duel scoops wasn't identical. Yes. Troy has the same vent and Archie and the Crew spent alot of time trying to correct the issues. It just seems unjust that you end-up spending several hours correcting it vs. the cost of the part. Example; Sage's Camero bow-tie is made to glass w/o issues (unless you want a special look, hehe).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Hey Dave, whats next on the menue? Headlamps? Project #025 is moving right along.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marker lights are next... C5 Le mans style headlight will be last. I'm pondering on the F360 (Challenge) replica Stradale mirrors, they don't fold. Judging by the shape seems like they will be a good fit. What do you think Curly any way to make them fold?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Marker lights are next... C5 Le mans style headlight will be last. I'm pondering on the F360 (Challenge) replica Stradale mirrors. Found some replicas, they don't fold. Judging by the shape seems like they will be a good fit. What do you think Curly?

Yeah, they'll fit (IF) it's the F360 and F430 replacement styles. Troy and I was reviewing some time ago and we discussed the idea, but come to the conclusion....those puppies don't fold! The company I was looking into isn't the one you posted and noted they are direct replacements. However, from the ones you posted, it seems like they fold?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-21-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the sunroof still fit with a hood scoop like that? Looks great btw.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, anything new to report?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Archie, anything new to report?

Yeah, give me a call tomorrow if you can.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Yeah, they'll fit (IF) it's the F360 and F430 replacement styles. Troy and I was reviewing some time ago and we discussed the idea, but come to the conclusion....those puppies don't fold! The company I was looking into isn't the one you posted and noted they are direct replacements. However, from the ones you posted, it seems like they fold?

The blue F360 ones in the pic (original) are from this past weekends car show, which do fold. The one from the link (replicas) don't fold. Did notice that link #2 has them in Carbon Fiber and FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic?) at close to half the price.

Here are some more pics of the replicas...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-23-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After some fiberglass matt & some filling & sanding the hood is coming along nicely.

And some filling & sanding on the bodywork is looking good too.....

Archie
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sooooooooooooo jealous....
DEMONCHILD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DEMONCHILDSend a Private Message to DEMONCHILDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey archie exactly how much is this costing him for all this

*sigh* if only i had the kinda $ for that stuff lol
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie it's looking good. I have to say I'm impressed with the office chair holding up the rear. I never thought of that. I'm going to have to try that @ home.

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
I'm sooooooooooooo jealous....

Wait to see the headlights...

Originally posted by DEMONCHILD:
hey Archie exactly how much is this costing him for all this
*sigh* if only i had the kinda $ for that stuff lol

Word from the wise.... Start saving early and bit by bit in a separate account.
The way I'm able to afford this is I gave Archie my first born child... Here is his recent picture.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-24-2007).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the side track.
Archie, do you have any other pics of a widebody notchie, anything like the fastback rear 3/4 shot on your site?
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock