Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more by DrCPU
Started on: 06-01-2006 09:45 AM
Replies: 439 (31269 views)
Last post by: DrCPU on 01-15-2015 08:35 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave, were's those new sterring wheel pics?

I own pg. 8

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-20-2007).]

IP: Logged
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for being offline so long!

September was a busy busy month for me and just haven't got around to posting too much.

I'll post up the new pic of the steering wheel in the next week.

Also will post up the pic of my award at Fierorama! Didn't expect anything, but I guess they remember the car from last year an noticed all the things done since last year at Fieorrama. The Taz was a big hit with the average lookee seer. Tons and tons of compliments. Also a great crew of people out there.

Big thanks again go out to Archie, Rob, Chris and Mark. Great CT Reunion even though an unamed person backed out last minute!

Thanks also to Chirs Lewis and his "best" for putting me up on the Saturday night! Way cool and very much appreciated!

Will post on this and everything else later in the next week or two. Need to rebuilt the driver headlamp motor with Rodney's quick fix pack and a few other little odds and ends.

Dave
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to change the thread (actually I did )
Dave----I thought you might like this pic. It was shot at Daytona this year.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pic! She's my bud for sure!

On a side note. I read the Rodney instructions on the headlight motor fix. Does anyone have actual pictures of how to do the fix? After reading the instructions there are a lot fo words relating using clamps, grips etc with lots of pulling. I thought It would be a simple take a few screws out and replace the plastic bits.....

Would be a huge help.

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check this out...
80-82 Corvette LED tail lights

http://www.rodworx.com/product.php?item=315
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Dave, were's those new sterring wheel pics?

I own pg. 8

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Check this out...

Those LED's are nice. At $160 a set (for four) they are not cheap!

I like my stock bulbs right now - but will sure keep this link in case I decide to upgrade later - thanks!

Dave
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:
Check this out...

Hey Car-lo, do you have any pic's of these installed?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edited because there are enough Archie bashing threads already

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-08-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

I've been looking for something different to replace the warped front end of my Fiero, and it's just the right color!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 10-08-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edited

Sorry Dave, it seems I can't post to normal threads anymore without attracting bashers.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-08-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, should have quoted you, you keep changing your post...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 10-09-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Bump...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 10-08-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-10-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
Yep. Just expressing an opinion, based on my own experience here, and what I've seen in other threads. I think there's enough precedence to support the posting of an opinion.

F-I-E-R-O, I have not had any problems with you, but I really disagree with your opinion that these comments belong here. This is CPU's build thread and should not be convoluted with personnal attacks and general crap. If you want to bash Archie start your own thread and bash away but have respect for others build threads and keep 'em clean.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok - Ok - Here are some pics of the steering wheel. I'd have preferred to get the shots during the install - but I was working on a 1/2 height headlight assembly while Rob was doing my steering wheel for me.....

Pics show a nice clean new steering wheel. Great value from FieroStore!

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 01-18-2008).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Should probably add some shots of the awards I've picked up....

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The owner is in the background of the first pic.

Fred bartemyer from Heartland Fieros. I love the ppg.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics show a nice clean new steering wheel. Great value from Fierowharehouse!

Nice matching leather job. How is the grip and feel of the sterring wheel? Is the leather soft?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The quality of the leather on the replacement is very high. Soft - yet firm. The stitching isn't as good as I'd like, but well within the cost of the unit. They manufacturer used black thread - and maybe a little too thin thread. If they had used a color matched waxed thread i'd say it would be perfect. You don't notice the stitching as it's away from view. One of the pics was taken to show the stitching. Notice the individual stitches are not as close together as OEM units - but perfectly acceptable.

The fit and feel is as close to the OEM as I can tell. I have the old wheel and will redo it this winter as a project. I have lots of time to kill - so won't have any excuses.

The new wheel is lighter in color than the original - but is a great match to my Mr. Mike's Tan leather interior.

I'm very happy with the wheel and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to keep the interior as close to stock as they can. Also - at just over a hundred dollars - it was a literal steal! Buying from Fiero Wharehouse is top notch as well. I've only ever had good service from them.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 10-10-2007).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Hey Car-lo, do you have any pic's of these installed?

No, I was going to change over, but for now I'm just using all four back up lights (white centers)
with standard red LED bulbs only.
I thought it would look very sharp with DrCPU's ride!
PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added the Pic here of the LEDs to save those from having to find the site via your link....

I'm liking them more and more every day! Hmmm maybe the year bonus will allow for them.. CDN dollar is doing fine as well!!

Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you get tail lights that are bright enough. I remember a thread somewhere on here or maybe the other forum in which someone tried out a cheap/ebay set of LED taillights, then tried a more expensive set. The difference in brightness was absolutely tremendous. Personally, lighting isn't something I would want to take any risks with in my Fiero. I almost get run over often enough, in spite of all the noise it makes.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Brick (edited 10-15-2007).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya loud and clear. I've seen some LED's that actually hurt my eyes - their so... bright.

If I ordered them I'd first ask about a return policy - just in case they are not as advertised.....

Will have to wait until after xmas anyway!

Unless Santa out there want sto buy them for me?? !!

Dave
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monthly
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks Curly!

I did pick up new struts from Lambo Fever. Was thinking I might start this project - but my lazy tired rear end just couldn't put down the XBOX 360 controller.

Will take picks and start a fixin! Only a few months till Daytona anyway!

Dave
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a bump to say my car is being tunned at a local shop.....

Should have new numbers and a better air/fuel mix than I had before - let's hope anyway!

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Cool! Looking forward to see results

Mee too- Just got off the phone with them ("Auto Worx"). They are waiting for their new burner, which should be in tomorrow. I've been promised my car for Friady afternoon - here's to keeping all my body parts that can be crossed - are crossed!

Dave

Hey Dave,

Just catching up on your build thread.
What ECM are you using?
Could you provide details / experience with Autoworx as I have the same problem and am looking for someone more local for tuning - chip burning...

Ryan
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Hey Dave,

Just catching up on your build thread.
What ECM are you using?
Could you provide details / experience with Autoworx as I have the same problem and am looking for someone more local for tuning - chip burning...

Ryan

I'd have to dig up the GM part number but its' an IROC (Camaro) mid 90's.

I had AutoWorx tune the car once and they never gave me the dyno run. I had a hard time getting hold of them to do the work. I needed to pass Ontario emissions and when I went to get the check done in August I was over on the idle CO reading.

I went back to AW and got the run around from the guy who did the work the first time. He gave me an appointment for the next week. When I showed up the morning of my appointment - the guy who was going to do the adjustment quit the night before and never did put my appoinment into the system from the week before. The owner of the shop made good the next week and the emissions JUST passed. I had to pay an extra $300 bucks even though I said it should have been done right the first time.

I had asked for the original chip with Dyno sheets. They did not do this, not even the second time around.

To boil it down - they are a Corvette shop so if you've got an LT1 with a Corvette computer I'm sure they can a lot for you. I ended spending $800 for what - I'm not sure. It did however pass the emissions test. Still no idea if the numbers are better or not at the rear since the changes.

Not sure what the heck I'll do in two years for the next emissions test.

If you go to them, make sure you get everything in writting - that includes what you'll get back - like parts, dyno sheets, the cost etc - otherwise you'll likely be out of luck.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 11-19-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave, before you parked the chopper for it's winter storage; did you take any new pics
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dave, before you parked the chopper for it's winter storage; did you take any new pics

Curly,

No new pics since the last ones. I'm waiting for a part to come from Fiero Store to get here before I rebuild the driver side headlight motor. Will start the figuring on the door strut as well. I'll be posting pics of the HD parts and the struts by the end of the week.

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 01-18-2008).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been fallowing this post for awhile A+ love the ideas you have done and looking forward to seeing more.

O ya...Bump ; )

------------------
Happiness is a choice

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monthly

fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics show a nice clean new steering wheel. Great value from Fierowharehouse!

i looked on the fierowarehouse site and there is no mention of steeringwheels or replacement covers, and i need to find one for a friend of mine. what/who do i need to contact for information?

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. (soon to be 3.6L TT 6 spd.), '88 Festiva 5 spd. rockin' a high revin' 1.6, '87 Scirocco 5 spd. (VR6 swap?)
AIM: FestYboy88L

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whooops! FieroStore is where the wheel came from...

http://www.fierostore.com/P...ct/Browse.aspx?d=330

Sorry about that Chief!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I've made a number of posts where I mentioned I bought or was waiting for parts from FireoWarehouse, Fierowharehouse etc... Must be recurring senior moments as I've not purchased anything from that site. All such references should mean FIEROSTORE.

Sorry for any confusion.....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bustin Dave's chops, hehe. Status report?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bustin Dave's chops, hehe. Status report?

Me bad - me found woman - me pre-occupied --- hmm not good - or maybe too good - me like! tehehe

I almost made it down to the garage to pull the headlight motor assembly this past weekend - but then got detracted by a shiny bauble - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It's been real cold the last month - even in the garage it's freezing - so being the "gentille" that I am I have decided to postpone until the mercury rises a little more. Won't be going to D8 or D9 (this years) but will save some schekels for next year! Will make CTRIII

Keep posting though - because it burdens me with guilt! - NOT! It is nice to know there are some who want to see progress.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 02-19-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me bad - me found woman - me pre-occupied --- hmm not good - or maybe too good - me like! tehehe
Will make CTRIII
Dave

Cool. Did the the chopper get you're foot in the door with her, hehe.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She's welcome to Dave.. hehe
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool. Did the the chopper get you're foot in the door with her, hehe.

I think my boyish charm and good looks did the trick - although she loves the car!

PS - Thanks Chris!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock