Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) by Fieromaniac
Started on: 06-13-2007 02:20 PM
Replies: 164 (14736 views)
Last post by: Fieromaniac on 08-28-2013 01:02 AM
Fieromaniac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new frontcam
i will integrate the 100 extra led in some foglights

i dont intend to connect or use the build in microfon

IP: Logged
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you dont see the cam with the first look

Front view

Rear View

i will take somw nightpics today ( if i dont sleep )
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
normal headlight and IR combined . you see the area of the normal headlights and the area directly in front of the car is lightened by the IR Lights

all reflective things will be seen very well by the camera . the cars in this picture where parked with lights of

rear camera has a big brightnesscorrecture problem with the licenceplate light

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-18-2007).]

mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check your pm's.
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the photos man, good stuff (+) for you.
So that is the rear cam with IR and 7 LED's? looks all right, can you explain on the plate light problem?

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 07-19-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

Thanks for the photos man, good stuff (+) for you.
So that is the rear cam with IR and 7 LED's? looks all right, can you explain on the plate light problem?

nope , these where both front view pics . with the 18 build in IR LED.
iam working on the extra IR Headlights atm.

the plate light messes with the brightnesscorrecture of my rearcam so that it cant determine the correct brightness = picture has artefacts and you cant see anything.
so maybe i have to use the 3rd brakelight mountingspot again or i mount it below the rearbumper .

If i find a real dark big place , maybe a hall i will make IR Range Pics. Problem is that our cities are well lightened at the night
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rüttelschwelle for updates

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my DVB-T digital TV Reciever yesterday with an extraslim active antenna

tested it with my home TV

testfitted in my car

i love trafficjams now i think
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac:

got my DVB-T digital TV Reciever yesterday with an extraslim active antenna

That looks great...

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think we have anything like DVB-T in the US.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we have DVR
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DVB is digital video broadcasting. And yes, we definitely have it here.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

DVB is digital video broadcasting. And yes, we definitely have it here.

Maybe, but does it look like this?

That looks like some kind of subscription service
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's probably just the interface of the particular receiver he has. There are different types of DVB. The DVB-T is terrestrial which I believe is typically FTA (free to air), and is your average local channel broadcasts. Then there are satellite broadcasts, some are free, of course, most aren't any more, there's cable, and satellite. How it looks is probably based entirely on the receiver you have. I have a PCI card for my computer, but digital reception here is really crappy, so it's not any good until I get a better antenna, ad the interface isn't anywhere near as pretty.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 08-09-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

That's probably just the interface of the particular receiver he has.

Thanks....BTW what does your Avatar say? My reading of Chinese characters is rusty enough that I can't really understand it, but I'm curious.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Thanks....BTW what does your Avatar say? My reading of Chinese characters is rusty enough that I can't really understand it, but I'm curious.

They're the symbols for "tai chi chuan" or "supreme ultimate fists".
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

testfitted in my car

i love trafficjams now i think

Thanks Taijiguy, I wasn't even close...

Now to get back on topic, I would need a "COP Button" to turn off that display quickly, although it would be hard to spot unless someone were standing right next to the car.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1: I would need a "COP Button" to turn off that display quickly

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that off button is the HVAC "off"

What if the cop says he saw it on and you can't demonstrate that the screen can show anything other than TV? If it's the cops word against yours you will lose everytime. Here in the Texas you would have to show that the screen can show navigation system or be a dedicated data display or maybe a back up cam to be legal.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I think that off button is the HVAC "off"

What if the cop says he saw it on and you can't demonstrate that the screen can show anything other than TV? If it's the cops word against yours you will lose everytime. Here in the Texas you would have to show that the screen can show navigation system or be a dedicated data display or maybe a back up cam to be legal.

the videosource selector is for the job

the Screen "OFF" button is the iluminated butten right under the screen

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 08-10-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the videosource selector is for the job

This is a very good implementation of a very good idea! Great Job I love these threads!
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the camera has been done before but i was recording on a handie video camera
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.
I like your set up better

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1: I think that off button is the HVAC "off"

Oops... Yeah, too fast to Photoshop LOL.

In Quebec "they say" cops will be lenient and might not give you a ticket if the screen is for a working NAV system.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mister

1975 posts
Member since Aug 2004
2*post...

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 08-27-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last bump for a nice project before I let this thread die in peace LOL
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last bump for a nice project before I let this thread die in peace LOL

hehe thx for the bump ,
atm i make a new case for the aux gauges to close the gap on the top of the center console .
winterproject will be building a car pc incl. gps navigation

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 09-29-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The glass of my front camera got scratched all the time and also water found its way into the camera
So i needed to take it of the car.

I replaced the now free slot on the video source selector with an playstation 2 wich is sitting behind the passengerseat.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, pretty nice setup. ill be carputing my fiero eventually.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok iam doing a engineswap soon so i felt the need to build me the aux gauge cluster i wanted.

bought me these nice Instruments:
price is relatively cheap ( 30 Euro each incl. shipping )

http://www.carparts-online.de is the shop.

now iam waiting for my DHL smurf to get my instruments so that i can install them

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG
*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 06-05-2009).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
a grumpy heavy weighted , hardly breathing Douglas ( of Doug and Carry ) lookalike
just came to visit me in 5th floor and look what he brought with him

cant wait till my kids goto bed to get into my basement and test the buddies

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 06-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006

strang .... air fuel gauge is 45 degree wrong ... ill fix it tomorrow

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok its in the car now and i can use the Fiero sensors for oil pressure and coolant temp
only Air Fuelgauge isnt attached atm.

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG
*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome! Keep it up.
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump update? pictures???
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much left to do , instruments work very well
2 Alupanels on each side of the console need to be builded to cover the holes better

iam toying around with the idea to add 3 or 4 more LED Instruments ( 2 in main instrument cluster and 2 on A-Pillar )

these Instruments would be :

Exhaust Temperature
Oiltemp Engine
Oiltemp tranny
RPM

because my engine runs with a propane/buthane i like more gauges to make sure everything works fine
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!

A small detail trick is to have the screw heads to all point in the same direction. XXXXXX ++++++++++ Gives it a finished look.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guten Tag Wow! I was so happy to find this thread! I came across an image somewhere, and one of the images was one of the early stage of your build where you were test fitting the separated A/C controls. That little trick gave me the little bit of extra space that I needed to mount my 10" touch screen for my CarPC in the center console. You have done an amazing job on that center console!

ok its in the car now and i can use the Fiero sensors for oil pressure and coolant temp
only Air Fuelgauge isnt attached atm.

These gauges worked directly off of the Fiero sensors? No circuitry or anything needed to calibrate them or anything? Could you post a direct link to the gauges you used? I went to the site above, and could not find them. My German is VERY rusty, as I have not spoken it in 15 years. It is quite sad, as I spent a lot of time and effort learning German when I was stationed in Giessen for 4 years with the American Army. I could speak almost fluently, and now, after not speaking it for 15 years, have forgotten just about everything....
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Guten Tag Wow! I was so happy to find this thread! I came across an image somewhere, and one of the images was one of the early stage of your build where you were test fitting the separated A/C controls. That little trick gave me the little bit of extra space that I needed to mount my 10" touch screen for my CarPC in the center console. You have done an amazing job on that center console!

These gauges worked directly off of the Fiero sensors? No circuitry or anything needed to calibrate them or anything? Could you post a direct link to the gauges you used? I went to the site above, and could not find them. My German is VERY rusty, as I have not spoken it in 15 years. It is quite sad, as I spent a lot of time and effort learning German when I was stationed in Giessen for 4 years with the American Army. I could speak almost fluently, and now, after not speaking it for 15 years, have forgotten just about everything....

yes they work with the Fiero sensors. i attached the coolant temp and oilressure cables directly to 11 and 17 of normal gauge cluster .
but i had to disable the original gauges to make them work .
the Temperature gauge is very exact but it reads in °C Oilpressuregauge works and gives same numbers when i use the Sensor of the gauge manufacturer.
Air Fuel gauge is simply hooked up onto the O2 sensor connector cable.
Volt gauge has no sensor it only needs 2 wires.

direct link to the instrument section of the seller is here :
http://www.carparts-online....fe21c140a18dfc2eee52

they have also red digital instruments in program now would be a better match for our cars
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how did you do the wiring ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock