Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) by Fieromaniac
Started on: 06-13-2007 02:20 PM
Replies: 164 (14736 views)
Last post by: Fieromaniac on 08-28-2013 01:02 AM
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That console is just begging for a billet shifter handle.

if you're wanting one...randye had talked about switching his billet one out for one like mine...He might be willing to let his go.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

IP: Logged
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac:

Whatever you guys drink in Germany, send me a case LOL
Love the P.E.S
That's a great idea Fieromaniac you are original.

2 questions:

~ I'm on the look for a camera, Where did you get this one?
~ The angle you got from this camera in the 3rd brake light shows you what you'll see when you turn your head.

Shouldn't you mount it lower where it helps you see objects below your line of sight? like a small kid or a curb?

Thanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 07-06-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont like holes in my car and a notchback without Wing is pretty easy to get into a parking lot
the Front and Rear camerasignals will be recorded in a 2hrs loop (along with a Datastream of the several sensors )
if iam done with my car pc project .

In fact only my small wife has a use of the rearcamera if she needs do drive my car (which thanx to god , allah , brahma , or whoever is on the helm , is very rare )

camera is from ebay , i searched for rear view cameras and took the smallest with best resolution and automatically brightnesscorrecture
price was 22 Euro for the rearcam and 41 Euro for the infrared Frontcam (waterproved)
only the front of the rearcam is waterproved.

btw. : i bought me a bunch of Ultraviolett LEDs to copy your LED Enginebay setup Mister

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-06-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
When i drove to work today , i had the feeling that some other drivers maybe thought that i could be a civil Video Car of the police , nobody overtook me while i was driving at the excact limit of 60kmh
LeviM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeviMSend a Private Message to LeviMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When i drove to work today , i had the feeling that some other drivers maybe thought that i could be a civil Video Car of the police , nobody overtook me while i was driving at the excact limit of 60kmh

haha that's awesome. great work on the car, are you done with the nightvision camera yet?
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

That console is just begging for a billet shifter handle.

if you're wanting one...randye had talked about switching his billet one out for one like mine...He might be willing to let his go.

OH YES!
The dcfox is correct. My aluminum billet shifter handle is begging to be on that new console of yours.
You send me a PM with your shipping address and the shifter handle..... ist fur sie FREI
If you want it......

Randy
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
started mine today and made a cardboard template to follow because my cars not where my tools are. The shape is kind of close but the way its set up is going to be very different and i dont think im goin to use aluminum faceplates. Thanks giving me the concept though.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LeviM:

haha that's awesome. great work on the car, are you done with the nightvision camera yet?

i had to return the frontcam to the seller because he sold me a cam with the wrong videosystem now i wait for the right one.
But ill start working on the IR Headlights, i think i will get some foglights from the Junkyard and integrate 50 IR LED in each side .
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by randye:

OH YES!
The dcfox is correct. My aluminum billet shifter handle is begging to be on that new console of yours.
You send me a PM with your shipping address and the shifter handle..... ist fur sie FREI
If you want it......

Randy

Its looking great how long is it ? because i plan to cut the shifterarm little bit .
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
hmm i get the best ideas on the first morningsession at the WC

i think i will build me a similar popoutsystem for the IR Headlights like the regular Headlights have , with the main difference that the IR Headlights will pop down out of the frontbumper

man i need to go down into my garage even if its raining
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the Americans: he means the restroom and, more specifically, the first dump of the day :-)

hmm i get the best ideas on the first morningsession at the WC

PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two questions. The third brake light bulb. Will that damage the camera from the heat? Also, the stainless steel console. Can it cause a sunblindness if the sun is at the right angle? Also, the reflective heat in the summer must be like an oven. You might get a good tan driving. Two things to concider before you wrap it up.
Dave

------------------

1999 Mercedes ML430, 450hp 1987 Fiero GT, 1986 Fiero SE-soon to be 3800, certified master technician
www.njautobahn.com

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We live in europe no chance of sun blindness over here
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Two questions. The third brake light bulb. Will that damage the camera from the heat? Also, the stainless steel console. Can it cause a sunblindness if the sun is at the right angle? Also, the reflective heat in the summer must be like an oven. You might get a good tan driving. Two things to concider before you wrap it up.
Dave

as i stated some posts above , my 3rd brakelight whas disabled by the german TÜV when my car came to germany because to that time 3rd brakelights where illegal here ....
but i will put in several LEDs now to get a functional 3rd brakelight and LED dont cause heat so its fine .

the stainless steelplates supposed to be polished aluminium plates and i didnt polished the top plate to avoid reflections in the windshield .
the coverplate over the TFT and Radio has a "good" angle so that only in some situations they may reflect some sun
plus my windows are mirrored so normally no problems

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-07-2007).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Allrighty, very nicely done then. A+
Dave
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and LED dont cause heat so its fine .

You are doing some great work here, very inspirational.

But you may want to check this LED assumption. It's true that the light produced by an LED is cold, but the semi-conductor material of the LED itself does produce heat. A considerable amount depending on the size and design. I just want to make sure you don't melt anything by accident.

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frontcam came with the post today

its waterprove and dust prove but has "only" 7 IR LED thats why i add 100 more in seperate IR headlights
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see it has a little sensor for the day/night viewing. Is it a color camera? My daytime viewing is in color, then when it detects that it is dark it turns on the IR and comes out black and white.
Oh and my IR leds are a small glow of red when on. but I have it mounted back in the front air dam so it is not so noticeable.

Looking good so far! Let's see some brackets for mounting..... make your own I bet
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac: btw. : i bought me a bunch of Ultraviolett LEDs to copy your LED Enginebay setup Mister

My pleasure

I'm researching for a Rear-view camera. I'll keep watching your thread for updates.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Looking good so far! Let's see some brackets for mounting..... make your own I bet

hehe how do you knew that

ok here is the problem , if you mount a camera right under the bumper
- every thing what you hit while driving (insects , dirt , hedgehogs , birds ....... ) will put dirt onto the lense and screw up the picture
- you will get ice on the lense in winter = zero sight

solution
- a mirrorsystem with a heated mirror ( mirror will be sealed with "nano protection")

something like that

btw , my camera gives already a mirrored picture , so with 2nd mirror = normal pic

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-09-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
first testpic , camera layed on the wiper , total darkness in my garage

30 IR LED to see if my handycam see their light

and well it can see it while my eye didnt saw a change

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

first testpic , camera layed on the wiper , total darkness in my garage

Hummm looks a bit like you need to turn ON that heater !!!!!!
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hummm looks a bit like you need to turn ON that heater !!!!!!

hehe no , its just dirt on my fronthood , cant hold the cam and shoot a pic from the screen at same time
ill make a better one
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can i have the dimensions of the console. I cant even seem to make a template where i can fit my stereo and the climate controls im going to be using. Now i can see why you made the stock ones smaller. With the setup im using id never be able to fit a screen not that i want to.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rearcam pic and some small videos from today (only handycam so quality isnt great)

videos (speed was between 75mph and 100mph)
www.format-service.de/image...konsole/MOV00150.3GP
www.format-service.de/image...konsole/MOV00152.3GP
www.format-service.de/image...konsole/MOV00157.3GP
www.format-service.de/image...konsole/MOV00158.3GP

i think i try to use my notebook to make some better films
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i screwed the "mirror" idea because of the lack of space under the bumper
so i made an "inner"case for the Front Cam Module
it will be covered with black tinted glass

100 IR LED

all working probably

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-11-2007).]

mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent you a pm
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

For the Americans: he means the restroom and, more specifically, the first dump of the day :-)

i learned about the WC in vietnam. OK continue on topic!
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey 88 check for a PM
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa...BLACK TINTED glass?
I know you mean a light smoke color, but why not just a piece of CLEAR plexiglass or glass?
You don't to "dim" the image the camera sees. or filter the light
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whoa...BLACK TINTED glass?
I know you mean a light smoke color, but why not just a piece of CLEAR plexiglass or glass?
You don't to "dim" the image the camera sees. or filter the light

The tint will probably be invisible to the IR "light"

There are some cool ideas in this thread... if only I had PAINT I could focus on all the cool stuff.
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a case of acryl glass

sealed it with silicone to make it waterproove

now i need a filter for the front
tinted glass or a simple UV Filter to improve the sensibility to IR Light and with it the Range

sideeffect will be that you cant see the camera easy

i also testet the heat , generated by 100 LED and over a period of 10 minutes the temperature within the sealed box only climbed a half degree celsius

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-14-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
testfitted the box

View of the frontcam

changed the position of the rearcam , its now above the licenceplate

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

testfitted the box

View of the frontcam

changed the position of the rearcam , its now above the licenceplate

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Get us some night pics with the 100LED setup comparted to before. Cool ideas in here, i might have to use some of these lol :P
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work..........I really like the way you divided the heater controls into three separate switches. My only concern would be the airflow through the small holes,I think it might be too much resistance to work. Great job on both cameras. Thanks for sharing.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you taken a pic of the IR cam at night yet? I would be interested to see how bright those LEDs are.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1. testfitted the box
2. changed the position of the rearcam , its now above the licenceplate

Hey man,
1. Would love to see the result of that, it looks wild
2. Since you didn't install an IR rear view cam, how does it look at night, does it show something?

Thanks.

------------------

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in fact i have a IR rear cam now with 7 IR LED and 120° view ( the cam in the 3rd brakelight had only 87° Angle view)
i also bought a new cam for the front with better IR sensibility but couldnt test it yet because i dont find a real dark place atm. i will keep you updated

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 07-16-2007).]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry not my thread

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 07-17-2007).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

in fact i have a IR rear cam now with 7 IR LED and 120° view ( the cam in the 3rd brakelight had only 87° Angle view)
i also bought a new cam for the front with better IR sensibility but couldnt test it yet because i dont find a real dark place atm. i will keep you updated

Thanks, can you please post some pics of the result image? and the eBay link so I can find a similar one out of the hundreds out there?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock