Fuel Pump Replacement by rbell2915
Started on: 04-01-2024 09:05 PM
Replies: 5 (88 views)
Last post by: richard in nc on 04-02-2024 12:25 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2024 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, after 38 years my fuel pump decided to die. Any recommendations on brands and tips before I tackle this? Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2024 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You don't even need to run a Search of existing threads. Just go to FAQs & HowTos and read this thread...

Fuel Pump Replacement How-To (56K beware) by Brocephus
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2024 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You don't even need to run a Search of existing threads. Just go to FAQs & HowTos and read this thread...

Fuel Pump Replacement How-To (56K beware) by Brocephus

I totally forgot about that section, just what I need. Thanks!
1985 Fiero GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced my pump with a Rodney Dickman replacement, I have no idea how it compares to the factory pump as my old one was some random aftermarket one that was super loud, but Rodney's is quiet, and works well.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do a search anyway for more tools etc to make easier to do this.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/146426.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/146198.html

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 04-02-2024).]

richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985 Fiero GT:

I just replaced my pump with a Rodney Dickman replacement, I have no idea how it compares to the factory pump as my old one was some random aftermarket one that was super loud, but Rodney's is quiet, and works well.

you should probably replace the sender while its out.i heard on here of problems with the fiero store sender so i bought a rodney sender while they are still available.btw rodney says new tanks coming in july.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock