Chevy 3.5 v6/4T65E Swap by Cajun
Started on: 05-01-2022 05:29 PM
Replies: 82 (2476 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 04-21-2024 12:24 PM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeap, still here and continue to work on my 3.5 v6 swap.. R&D takes a lot of time especially when you are in unchartered territory.

As i had mentioned earlier, I was toying with the idea of doing mods to the transmission (4T45e) to fit my needs. I was not in the mood of getting another transmisson. I have already gone through three tranny's.

I have relocated the transmission connector location. The stock location of the transmission connector interferers with the exhaust manifold and exhaust crossover. I am now happy with the final results.

First things first: I removed the side transmission cover to access the transmission connector. I removed the transmission connector from the transmission and cut back the connector housing.

Photo of the connector housing cut back.

Photo of stock transmission connector housing with 36mm expansion plug installed.

I have my son fabricate a new transmission connector housing. Basically, just an Aluminuim block, 5/8" thick that has been machined.

Photo of the transmission side cover modified to accept the new transmission transmission connector block.

Photo of transmission side cover modified with transmission connector block in place.

Photo of transmission case (exterior) with transmission connector block installed.

Currently I am waiting on a number of items to complete the connector relocation. 1. RTV specific for auto transmissions. 2. A new transmission connector and wiring harness. Once those items arrive, I should be able ot complete the connector relocation and move on to the next item, axles!!!

I know such fun. Hopefully I have figured out what items I will need to complete the axle installation.
IP: Logged
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having a couple of electrical issues with my swap!

Question, for you guys that have done a simular swap did any of you develop a wiring pin out or diagram of the wiring conversion? If you have would you be willing to share that information?

Thank you in advance.

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back at it....................

I have scrapped the 4T45E idea! I am just not comfortable with the exhaust crossover so close to the top of the transmission cover (actually touching it). I have ordered another 4T65E. Should be in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time I have shipped my ECM & TCM to Sinister Performance for some custom tuning.

Recently I have worked on the fuel delivery system. No my design, copying anothers idea.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock