GT Rear Lense Covers by Rhodesia1977
Started on: 12-26-2021 05:36 PM
Replies: 26 (1062 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-11-2022 05:06 PM
Rhodesia1977

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2021 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if anyone has ordered rear GT lenses from a place called belly acres studios. They have their own website and sell on ebay. They offer the rear lense replacement covers for about $500 US. I know Mr. Dickman was talking about a scam a while back. Just wanted to make sure this was not one of them. Thank you!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2021 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Order quickly. He has to sell everything by June of 2022 or they get destroyed since his license agreement with GM is up. Heres a thread that started back in 2018 about them.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/098250-28.html

And yes, he's a real person and the Bellyacres studio is very real.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-26-2021).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2021 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope he sells out of the GM restoration lenses but still provides an aftermarket lens without the GM/FIERO script. Perhaps at the 'must crush' date he can sell any remaining lenses to a 'second party' thereby satisfying the contract. Hate to see such a good guy get screwed by the greed of GM exercising it's 'intellectual property' vendetta against a small group of individual who are attempting to support a car line they abandon.
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2021 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rhodesia1977:

Just wondering if anyone has ordered rear GT lenses from a place called belly acres studios. They have their own website and sell on ebay. They offer the rear lense replacement covers for about $500 US. I know Mr. Dickman was talking about a scam a while back. Just wanted to make sure this was not one of them. Thank you!

I bought a set last year and they are a "TEN" with outstanding quality and workmanship. I just bought a second set two weeks ago.

------------------
88GT 355 CI, AED HO 750 Double Pumper, AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP, 360 WHP, F40 6-Spd
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

............................................Perhaps at the 'must crush' date he can sell any remaining lenses to a 'second party' thereby satisfying the contract. ...............................

Now, that's a good idea. Might communicate that to him in the event he hasn't thought of it. I don't see how GM could prevent that individual from reselling them. It would be like you or I selling the set we have. Then if they are blank, the end-user could send them out to the printer that Keith used to have them decorated.

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Now, that's a good idea. Might communicate that to him in the event he hasn't thought of it. I don't see how GM could prevent that individual from reselling them. It would be like you or I selling the set we have. Then if they are blank, the end-user could send them out to the printer that Keith used to have them decorated.

Then if they are blank, the end-user could send them out to the printer that Keith used to have them decorated.
[/QUOTE]

nope you cant do that, printing the "fiero" on it in its current design for resale would require a license agreement with GM. in order for this idea to fly the buyer would have to buy all the remaining lenses with the printing already done.
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a scam. They are very nice lenses and the only source for them. Keith Goodyear (owner of bellyacrestudios) is on Fiero facebook pages if you'd like to talk with him before purchase. They are well worth the money.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those ebay ones are the same company, all keiths lenses and they are perfect. fit all year GT fastbacks.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

nope you cant do that, printing the "fiero" on it in its current design for resale would require a license agreement with GM. in order for this idea to fly the buyer would have to buy all the remaining lenses with the printing already done.

What I meant is that you or I or anyone could purchase a blank set for our own use, not for resale. Since that set now belongs to us, we should have the right to decorate it in any manner we choose. Copyrights and patents are to prevent others from profiting off another's endeavors. As individuals being the end user, that shouldn't apply. So, whoever might buy the lot of remaining blanks, sell them to individuals and let the individuals decorate them. Keith is the only one having the contract with GM and he would have fulfilled his agreement. I could see the possibility that GM might try to intercede with the new buyer if they were decorated.

Of course, there could be value-added. Sell the lenses for what they were purchased for. Throw in a couple of brake light bulbs for another $30 or $40.

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2021 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

What I meant is that you or I or anyone could purchase a blank set for our own use, not for resale. Since that set now belongs to us, we should have the right to decorate it in any manner we choose. Copyrights and patents are to prevent others from profiting off another's endeavors. As individuals being the end user, that shouldn't apply. So, whoever might buy the lot of remaining blanks, sell them to individuals and let the individuals decorate them. Keith is the only one having the contract with GM and he would have fulfilled his agreement. I could see the possibility that GM might try to intercede with the new buyer if they were decorated.

Of course, there could be value-added. Sell the lenses for what they were purchased for. Throw in a couple of brake light bulbs for another $30 or $40.

someone could probably design a plastic insert that could be 3d printed maybe more of a cover for the center red filter and not touching the actual lense.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

someone could probably design a plastic insert that could be 3d printed maybe more of a cover for the center red filter and not touching the actual lense.

Very easy to make a template or vinyl adhesive sticker (with a cutout saying Pontiac ) on computer printer designed for cutting plastics. If I were to replace the lens covers one of my GT's I would go with a blank blacked out area. The cars are mine so why should I advertise GM. Never did like factory "branding" of cars.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered a set myself.

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The cars are mine so why should I advertise GM. Never did like factory "branding" of cars.

I feel the same way about clothes, I don't like large advertising logos, I prefer none at all or subtle, I'm not a walking billboard, lol

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 01-07-2022).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like most threads on here, it sure would be nice to hear from the OP. Did we help you or did you forget about this thread?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Like most threads on here, it sure would be nice to hear from the OP. Did we help you or did you forget about this thread?

Keith impressed me as a honest and decent guy, but he doesn't seem overly proactive on his products right now. Perhaps he will continue with the unbranded stuff but IIRC he's already produced 1000 sets, so is there still a need? That could be more than enough to satisfy demand for quite a while.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2022 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been trying to get in touch with them and filled forms out and sent emails. No one has contacted me back yet.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2022 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been trying to get in touch with them and filled forms out and sent emails. No one has contacted me back yet.

I can't speak for Keith but in his last post from 10/2021 he said that he ordered 500 sets but had no idea when they would arrive. I'm guessing he has your information and once they arrive, he'll contact you?
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2022 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last I spoke with him the current stock was less than 80 but can only prep 10 or so per week.

(prep = applying black portion saying pontiac, custom font, solid black, ect).

The 500 on a ship at sea with May deadline is another challenge... tik tok tik tok...
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skybax:

The 500 on a ship at sea with May deadline is another challenge... tik tok tik tok...

Where are these being made? In China?

If Keith contracted these out from a manufacturer in China, they might be available long after Keith is gone. The big risk you take is even though product is dirt cheap, there's nothing to prevent the Chinese from just taking the design you made and selling parts out from under you. GM really shot themselves in the foot if that happens. Chinese don't care about copyrights or royalties.
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't speak for Keith but in his last post from 10/2021 he said that he ordered 500 sets but had no idea when they would arrive. I'm guessing he has your information and once they arrive, he'll contact you?

Keith finally got in touch with me. I guess there were some tech issues.
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE! I finally got in touch with Mr. Goodyear. I paid for a set of rear lenses that say Fiero GT instead of Pontiac. It cost about 493.00 I will let everyone know when they arrive.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE! I finally got in touch with Mr. Goodyear. I paid for a set of rear lenses that say Fiero GT instead of Pontiac. It cost about 493.00 I will let everyone know when they arrive.

Awesome news. Keep us updated.
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2022 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome news. Keep us updated.

The lense covers arrived today. They look nice. Will install when I get her out of storage. They even came with the sealing calk.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2022 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

Where are these being made? In China?

If Keith contracted these out from a manufacturer in China, they might be available long after Keith is gone. The big risk you take is even though product is dirt cheap, there's nothing to prevent the Chinese from just taking the design you made and selling parts out from under you. GM really shot themselves in the foot if that happens. Chinese don't care about copyrights or royalties.

If there is money to be made the Communist Chinese ignore IT, copyrights, royalties, patents or any other item that stands in their way of selling product. Keith doesn't own or control the molds, the Chinese hold those captive. Its anyone guess what we will see in the future and I doubt if this is the last we see of this product.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2022 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If there is money to be made the Communist Chinese ignore IT, copyrights, royalties, patents or any other item that stands in their way of selling product. Keith doesn't own or control the molds, the Chinese hold those captive. Its anyone guess what we will see in the future and I doubt if this is the last we see of this product.

Yup. I used to be pretty into twisty puzzles and would follow product developments. What would happen is someone in the US would design a new product, realize China was cheapest to have them molded there. Send the product plans over with an order. The Chinese factory would make a batch for the customer and also make a batch for themselves. Next thing the designer knew he was competing on ebay with the Chinese that had the exact same product at half the price.

Or even if he made the product domestically (does the US even make anything anymore) the chinese would buy one and then disassemble, copy the product and make molds and then they'd be up for sale within a few months. This would take a little more effort however.

With the taillights, as long as the Chinese manufacturer has the molds, even if they didn't already know what car it was for, once they realize Keith is no longer buying product, they may decide it's something they want to try selling to the US directly. It will be simple to figure out what car its for (with the Big PONTIAC) on the back. I think it's interesting and telling that the Chinese negotiated into the contract that they own the molds (why else would they do that or care?) and because of that, I highly doubt the factory would just toss the mold in the garbage once Keith says he doesn't want any more. Next thing you know, they'll press out a hundred sets with a cost to them of < $50 and they'll be up on ebay and alibaba for $100 a set.

If Keith were in possession of the molds, he'd be safe due to the expense of developing the product from scratch and the limited number of cars needing them.
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2022 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed the new lenses. It wasn't difficult I just had to cut notches into the old long black screws that hold the lenses up as they were rusted and the Phillips head won't grab. They sure look good. Thanks for the help everyone, I greatly appreciate it!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2022 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I installed the new lenses. It wasn't difficult I just had to cut notches into the old long black screws that hold the lenses up as they were rusted and the Phillips head won't grab. They sure look good. Thanks for the help everyone, I greatly appreciate it!

I'm happy to hear you got them installed. I figured you'd be happy with them. I'm quite happy with mine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock