Daily "pumping the clutch" by gatorfrey
Started on: 11-07-2021 05:03 PM
Replies: 2 (126 views)
Last post by: gatorfrey on 11-07-2021 05:36 PM
gatorfrey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So,
I have this freshly bought Fiero that has weird electrical things going on (see flashing electricals post) .
I also have this going on. In the AM first starts, I have no clutch. I can pump it about 50 times and get enough to drive it.
In the course of the day after that, I get acceptable function. Good enough to drive. In doing a visual on the master and slave, I see no leaks, and the level in the reservoir is good and unchanged. What's that ? Air somewhere ? Could not be a leak. My level is holding. I did note wrench marks on the braided line to slave, but cannot swear they are fresh. Maybe....
Anyone else see this before ?

[This message has been edited by gatorfrey (edited 11-07-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gatorfrey:

Anyone else see this before ?

Never.

Common issue. Have a look at This recent thread and pay special attention to what is stated about double-seal clutch slaves.

Originally posted by Patrick:

The original single seal slaves were/are notorious for allowing air to be sucked in, even if fluid wasn't leaking out. This is the reason why Rodney had double seal slaves made in the first place... and is why I suggest that replacement slave cylinders only be bought from him.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-07-2021).]

gatorfrey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gatorfreySend a Private Message to gatorfreyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will try that. Makes sense.
Thanks!!!
Now if I can get those electrical gremlins solved, I will be able to focus on upgrades and things.

[This message has been edited by gatorfrey (edited 11-07-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock