Looking for a mechanic near Richmond Virginia by Tifiero
Started on: 10-01-2021 02:01 PM
Replies: 6 (232 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 10-04-2021 08:15 PM
Tifiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TifieroSend a Private Message to TifieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

New member here in Richmond Virginia. Owned my first Fiero, 84SE, back in 86-91. Recently had the opportunity to get another. I bought a nicely restored 85 SE 2M4 four-cylinder with five speed transmission. Brand new clutch system in it. Drove it home 2 hours. Runs great, and I’ve been driving it around town and slowly I’ve noticed it not wanting to go into 1st gear and the clutch starting to Let out low to the floor almost like the clutch is going out. Now it won’t go in first or reverse. It sounds like the new clutch system was not bled properly from what I’ve been reading. I am looking for a mechanic close by that can take a look at it. I am wary about anyone working on it if they’ve never worked on a Fiero. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This isnt answering your question, but the problem seems to be a bent clutch pedal, which is a common problem on fieros I think. Look it up on this forum and see if this is your issue before bringing it in for a clutch replacement
Tifiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TifieroSend a Private Message to TifieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, I looked for it and can’t find it in this forum. It has a brand new clutch system. The whole thing was replaced. I was told this happens when the clutch isn’t bled properly after it’s been installed?
Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bent clutch pedal:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...130314-2-115702.html

Bleeding clutch:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...130314-2-113794.html
Scroll down and look at the reply by mike gonzalez
Tifiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TifieroSend a Private Message to TifieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
Tifiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TifieroSend a Private Message to TifieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tifiero

4 posts
Member since Sep 2021
Thank you!
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richmond has a great cars and coffee every other Saturday at the Regency Mall. It's a great get together and everyone is welcome. They always have 250+ cars! FIERO's are some of the rarest cars in attendance and I can guarantee you will have a good time. I drive down from Stafford every once in a while and I've only seen one other FIERO. Google Cars and Coffee Richmond VA for additional information. Send me a PM if you plan on attending and maybe we can get together.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock