HELP !!! Trunk doesn't open by 85fieroguy
Started on: 06-05-2021 03:22 PM
Replies: 3 (295 views)
Last post by: theogre on 06-06-2021 11:31 AM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2021 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 GT now has another problem out of the blue. The key fits in and turns to the right. but I don't get a release sound. Darn, with the engine side vents secured under the trunk lid..HOW DO I GET THE TRUNK DECK LID OPEN???? HAVE THE LOCK BORED OUT ??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2021 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lots of helpful info in this thread - Only Trunk Key Accidentally Locked in Trunk
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2021 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a remote trunk release switch of is this on of the rare cars w/o it? IUf yoiu have the switch an it's not operating, have you:

1) Checked the fuse?
2) Checked the wiring you can get to?
3) Checked the switch?
4) Checked the relay?

I had a problem where the trunk wouldn't release when I pushed the button. The fuse was good but as was the wiring. When I pulled the switch out, I found that the connector on the back of the switch had either been removed or had fallen off. I cleaned the terminals on the switch and in the connector as best I could, added a bit of dielectric grease and put the connector back on the switch. Pushed the button and bingo-bango, the trunk popped open.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2021 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't continue this thread here... Just a wast of Time because He has Multiple Threads in 2 forums for same Problem.
See...
Trunk opening problem https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099796.html
Trunk not opening solved https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099799.html

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock