GM p/n 24503860 Acuator Timing Belt Tensioner by novars
Started on: 05-29-2021 09:45 AM
Replies: 15 (770 views)
Last post by: novars on 06-01-2021 06:57 PM
novars

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for this part. I came across this post while searching: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/142611.html

People posted that there are a number of them available on the Internet in 2019 but I have not been able to find any. I was wondering if there is a warehouse that stock piles old parts or if there is a data base that is linked between GM dealerships or something similar. I have not had any luck finding any.

Does anyone know where I can find this part? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the rarest of the rare. Hopefully someone has one on here.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-29-2021).]

novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already went through that website and every inquiry says discontinued. Thanks
novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

novars

9 posts
Member since May 2021
http://oemcats.com does not appear to be reliable.
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your best bet is to find one, or several, from a junkyard LQ1, all model years have the same one, and R&R them... they are quite easy to rebuild and the FSM has pretty good instructions..
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Your best bet is to find one, or several, from a junkyard LQ1, all model years have the same one, and R&R them... they are quite easy to rebuild and the FSM has pretty good instructions..

This is what I was wondering, if they were rebuildable.
novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never had a part rebuilt. Where would this be done? I can get a rebuilt starter at a shop that does a better job then one from Autozone, etc.
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I say 'rebuilt' it's relative.... pull it apart as its very simple.. make sure the bore isn't pitted or the boot torn or leaking... no horrible play in the bore to piston, etc... clean then reassemble... it's nothing fancy at all.. just spring loaded with oil to keep things moving...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You often find leftover parts like this at the auto swap meets. I've seen vendors with barrels full of GM parts still in the box offered at $1 ea. and no one knows what they belong too. This hydraulic belt tightener is obviously a hard to find part but somewhere they are out there. The 3.4 DOHC engine was only made for a few years so finding special parts has got to be hard. I feel your pain as I was trying to find a new oil pump for the 4.9L Cadillac engine and like yourself I looked everywhere and came up short. I'll just keep looking and just maybe one will show up.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on have the belt replaced and wanted to gather the parts. This is the only one I haven't found yet. I am looking into the rebuild idea and just scouting around at swap meets is also a good idea.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will run the number through the GM website/located tomorrow when I get to work and see if any are out there.
PFF
System Bot
novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are 5 available in th US.
1) Itasca Ford in Cranston RI has 2 as of this am (401) 681-1300
2) Bareford Buick in tappahannock VA has 1 (804) 443-3500
3) Brown chevrolet in Eagle pass TX has 1 (830)773-2349
4) rydell automotive in Northridge CA has 1 (818) 832-1660

Good luck hope this helps in the search
Dan
novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TX and CA should have them. I am waiting on confirmation. Prices are steep but that's OK. VA looked for it last week and could not find it.So maybe they have it and maybe they don't. RI doesn't have any. Thank you for the best lead so far.
novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

novars

9 posts
Member since May 2021
I am getting one each from TX and CA. Just be on the safe side in-case one is defective. My car and I thank you.
novars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for novarsSend a Private Message to novarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

novars

9 posts
Member since May 2021
Question: When I spoke to my GM dealer parts dept, they said discontinued, gave me the part # and then that was it. Could they have found it like you did OR do you have a different system? I'd like to know if my dealer is really willing to help or not really that interested. Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock