Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Supernatural 3.7L 9,000RPM Project (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Supernatural 3.7L 9,000RPM Project by La fiera
Started on: 04-27-2021 09:19 PM
Replies: 176 (5488 views)
Last post by: sleek fiero on 04-21-2024 11:59 PM
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2023 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oil pan and front cover are done. Now I can put the engine and start on the oil lines.
IP: Logged
sleek fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rae now you've got me thinking I should build a dry sump/cooler system for mine. I already have some design ideas for a more efficient intake. I better start Not listening to you because your going to have me using up all my spare time !!!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2023 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sleek fiero:

Rae now you've got me thinking I should build a dry sump/cooler system for mine. I already have some design ideas for a more efficient intake. I better start Not listening to you because your going to have me using up all my spare time !!!

Upgrading your engine with ideas is life, everything else is just waiting!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2023 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

La fiera

2197 posts
Member since Jun 2008

It's finished. Now its goint into the car for testing.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2023 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looing crazy man! Like modern art or something!

That's some awesome work on the intake, I can't wait to hear how it performed!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2023 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Looing crazy man! Like modern art or something!

That's some awesome work on the intake, I can't wait to hear how it performed!

Thanks Trinten! Now I have to install the oil tank and do the hoses.

StreetRod4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2023 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

It's finished. Now its goint into the car for testing.

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see some videos on this when you get it all together 😎 Are you planning on lowering the drivetrain at all for a lower center of gravity?
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2023 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by StreetRod4:

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see some videos on this when you get it all together 😎 Are you planning on lowering the drivetrain at all for a lower center of gravity?

Not on the Fiero. I'm working on getting an Exocet chassis and for it I will definatelly put this engine as low as possible but for this Fiero it is not worth it. I will start the engine with the tunnel ram manifold and once broken in, dialed and dynoed I will change to this intake to have solid comparisons.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2023 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rae man it sounds so good . can't wait to see it/ you on the track! sleek
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2024 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally finished the last touches on the TR6 "Thunder" intake I designed for the engine in the car now. Now is off to the dyno with the TR5 intake to get data and some basic tuning before the "Thunder" is installed and optimized!

https://rumble.com/v3wdg7e-...anifold-design..html

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 01-17-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2024 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rae what are the 2 outer pipes and connector line? sleek
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2024 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sleek fiero:

Rae what are the 2 outer pipes and connector line? sleek

I noticed that with the intake on the car now, when driving it hard with sustained full throttle the intake gets very cold regardless of the temperature outside. Conversely the fuel rails get hot because of their location. So instead of just running long fuel lines that were going to be exposed to the raising heat of the headers which is why the fuel rails get hot now, I opted to add those side fuel rails to keep the fuel cool.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2024 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Intake looks great my friend!
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2024 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is insane looking!!!

I can only imagine what kind of CFM that thing must be pushing!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And a couple of years later!
https://youtu.be/s33RLv5gmbI?si=mhNpJoL5m4wbOEyb

Enjoy the sound!
sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so impessive Rae. lots of Pontiac Excitement !!! sleek
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock