Started on: 10-09-2018 08:09 AM
Replies: 210 (6455 views)
Last post by: copperhens on 10-20-2022 07:58 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2022 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:

Wow! So cool. How loud is that thing?
Being able to keep the trunk is a must for any engine swap, for me. So a point for N* on that

It's fun but not objectionable? The X-pipe takes it down 3dB by splitting each pulse into two pipes and then the cats provide additional muffling. I don't run mufflers, but fitting mufflers would make it even quieter.

Keep in mind that both my and copperhens' exhausts will NOT work with the stock Caddy automatic. You need a manual transmission to free up the engine bay volume for the exhaust in order to keep the trunk.

IP: Logged
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2022 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Internet-man:
Wow! So cool. I'm keeping photos of this for future reference. How loud is that thing?
Being able to keep the trunk is a must for any engine swap, for me. So a point for N* on that

If you can weld, then keeping the truck with most engine swaps just comes down to creativity and commitment.
My LS4/F40 swap has a turbo and dual muffler exhaust hanging off the rear manifold and clears the stock trunk. Took a lot of effort, but ultimately was worth it to me.
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2022 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a video of a cold start on my Northstar with exhaust. It is a 2 1/2 in stainless steel dual exhaust with 40 series flow masters, which are pretty big. I have half a trunk left with my exhaust set up, I just need to put in a (removable for access) trunk pan.

https://youtu.be/AYWP8npsHkc
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Northstar is still alive… and has a new look.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you didn't cut the wheel houses yet.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2022 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

Here is a video of a cold start on my Northstar with exhaust. It is a 2 1/2 in stainless steel dual exhaust with 40 series flow masters...

That sounds really nice!

And now it looks pretty good too! You and the crew are doing a great job.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2022 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

]https://images.fiero.nl/use...6FA363A.jpeg

Do you have more photos of the assembly process? After watching Russ' thread about doing one, it looks like there's a lot of effort required to get it to go together.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 10-18-2022).]

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2022 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

And now it looks pretty good too! You and the crew are doing a great job.

Thanks! It’s coming along and I haven’t forgotten about it. Next year it will DEFINITELY be on the road to get some miles under it since it has a body now.
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2022 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

copperhens

490 posts
Member since Oct 2016

Originally posted by Will:

Do you have more photos of the assembly process? After watching Russ' thread about doing one, it looks like there's a lot of effort required to get it to go together.

We took this body off of another Fiero. It is the same type as Russ’s where the rear is grafted onto a GT rear clip. So a lot of the bolts install like a regular Fiero rear clip. It took only two days to take this body off the other Fiero and put it onto mine. It was not as hard as we thought and it lines up pretty nice.

I should’ve taken more pictures.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2022 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We took this body off of another Fiero. It is the same type as Russ’s where the rear is grafted onto a GT rear clip. So a lot of the bolts install like a regular Fiero rear clip. It took only two days to take this body off the other Fiero and put it onto mine. It was not as hard as we thought and it lines up pretty nice.

I should’ve taken more pictures.

I was thinking that setting up one of those kits from scratch is a LOT of work and should get a few posts
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2022 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

I was thinking that setting up one of those kits from scratch is a LOT of work and should get a few posts

As it turns out, I don’t have the patience to do bodywork on a whole kit lol.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay