Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  88GT Road Race car build with a 3.4TDC (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
88GT Road Race car build with a 3.4TDC by darkhorizon
Started on: 06-09-2020 02:02 PM
Replies: 178 (6356 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 03-18-2024 10:09 PM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2022 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Congrats! Looks like 2022 was a banner year for times and your Fiero is in very good company!

I really wish I had the LS4/DSG in it... Plan is to make it for the 40th show next year so I bet the LS4 will also make it up the hill next year.
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2022 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/j9E8X0SvtUE another youtube video, also super short.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2022 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006

zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2022 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it sounds awesome and looks very planted. Nice job pulling that all together!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2022 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long 3 day road race weekend at heartland motorsports park. It was untimed, so just made a TON of laps. Overall the chassis has been handling worse and worse which i think is indication of the rear shocks failing slowly and overall the alignment needs alot of work that I made some mistakes on and forgot my not seized rear lat links in my garage that I was going to replace at the track.

Other news, heartland park has a dragstrip and I managed a soft 2.1 60ft and snuck out a 13.7 at 103 which is absolutely juiced for a untouched TDC motor... I would guess the cam mods that were popular back in the day would have easily added another 2mph. I feel really bad for anyone that I pointed away from this motor back 10 years ago when I was pushing the 3800sc stuff as this motor just absolutely blows my mind with its reliability, sound, power, etc.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/wncMhIKhSwY

Video from in car
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:
Other news, heartland park has a dragstrip and I managed a soft 2.1 60ft and snuck out a 13.7 at 103 which is absolutely juiced for a untouched TDC motor... I would guess the cam mods that were popular back in the day would have easily added another 2mph. I feel really bad for anyone that I pointed away from this motor back 10 years ago when I was pushing the 3800sc stuff as this motor just absolutely blows my mind with its reliability, sound, power, etc.

I find this encouraging. I just received the last pieces I need to start my 97 LQ1/F23 swap. I've been procrastinating it for over a year now. ("Should I do an LZ9 and just be done with it? Or go ahead with the LQ1?")
Time to get my ass in gear.

Your car sounds great!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-17-2023).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2022 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do note that I have a very fancy and also very for sale exhaust on this car that adds to the power and sound quite a bit....
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust looks great, but it looks like I'd have to delete most of my trunk. Also probably won't fit my ('97) heads. (Already have a set of... WCF? shorty headers, so we shall see.)
Good luck with your endeavors.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The exhaust looks great, but it looks like I'd have to delete most of my trunk. Also probably won't fit my ('97) heads. (Already have a set of... WCF? shorty headers, so we shall see.)
Good luck with your endeavors.

Yeah, the trunk doesnt stand a chance with this exhaust, I hope to retain the muffler/tailpipe configuration with the LS4 as it is really friendly to my ears and keeping heat away from the motor.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 10-17-2022).]

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2022 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really enjoyed the video, but I found myself trying to sit up straighter to see over the steering wheel. It does sound healthy!

https://youtu.be/wncMhIKhSwY

Video from in car

PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2022 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been quietly following this, Good to see you're still at it, the LS4 should make the car a riot.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

I invited Lou Dias to trash me in my own thread, he refused. sorry. if he trashes your thread going after me. I tried.

No pushrod 60V6 Fiero has been faster according to the 1/4 mile list.

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2022 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was awesome! Keep up the good work!!
ricreatr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My upcoming winter upgrade.... Breaking into some extreme new grounds here, pretty excited but also very nervous as this is a big pile of investing in things that not only have never been done but hell I've barely even heard people dream about.

2009 turbo jetta dq250

ok. we are dying to hear updates...
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2023 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much progress still, but the goal is to have the package married and on a cradle by Christmas. Trans mount options are very limited which is a bummer. May build a mount into the adapter plate even.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2023 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
Also, the 3.4 had another great showing at empire this year... still on 6+ year old tires and just really go up there for fun. Had a wild control arm failure in the front first session but managed to come back to the podium.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2023 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

I really enjoyed the video, but I found myself trying to sit up straighter to see over the steering wheel. It does sound healthy!

Heh heh... yeah, I found it frustrating as well. Loved the sound of that engine winding up.
fliphone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2023 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fliphoneSend a Private Message to fliphoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My original plan wasn't to make a full track car, but after reading all this

[This message has been edited by fliphone (edited 03-18-2024).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2024 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little closer every day. Had some major setbacks on the cad side of things, but found someone to help me with the finishing touches.

Should have something bolted together and sitting near the cradle by the end of the month.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 03-18-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock