Quarter Mile List, 3rd Edition by pmbrunelle
Started on: 04-24-2019 07:39 PM
Replies: 53 (3239 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 11-25-2022 05:36 AM
Deathcon1395

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Deathcon1395Send a Private Message to Deathcon1395Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone

Last winter I started converting my car from the 3800 supercharged to turbo E85, I finally got it done last Monday and did some testing and tuning during the week and hit the drag strip Friday and Saturday. The car did really well and I ended up running a personal best of 12.62 @115 mph in the quarter mile. The car is running an all stock bottom end, stock cam, stock heads and gaskets and bolts, m90 blower housing blocked off, #60 siemens deka injectors, ebay turbo non intercooled, E98 mixed with 93 octane race gas, stock 4t65ehd, and the same 225/50/16 westlake zuperace tires as before, same track as my first posts, and it was 30 degrees celsius outside with no wind. I was rather happy with the consistence of the car and I ended up getting second in the sportsman class (I broke out of my dial in but it was my fastest pass yet so its hard to be mad at that!)

#728 on the slip

------------------
Deathcon1395
RSE parts technician
1985 Fiero GT L67 3800 Turbo E85 4T65E-HD

[This message has been edited by Deathcon1395 (edited 07-03-2022).]

IP: Logged
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just updated the list!

Sorry for the delay... I'm a bit distracted with some excitement in my life!

A lot faster than your previous 14-second time.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2022 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent cam bearings, lifters loud as hell, maybe some valve float, First 1/4 mile pass ever, 12.749 at 109 MPH. second pass was a slower ET, but faster MPH. there's more in it.

https://youtu.be/N9kgq1Ecdcg

https://youtu.be/NnyFvMRTnKo

mods? oh geez...

2005 G6 LX9, H/C/I, Precision 62mm turbo, A2W intercooler, F23 w/ 3.63:1 gears

Edit:

according to the list, It looks like I have the fastest pushrod 60v6 Fiero now.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

I invited Lou Dias to trash me in my own thread, he refused. sorry. if he trashes your thread going after me. I tried.

[This message has been edited by ericjon262 (edited 10-01-2022).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2022 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ericjon262, I updated the list with the timeslip having the lower ET.

I guess that the weather finally permitted!
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2022 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

ericjon262, I updated the list with the timeslip having the lower ET.

I guess that the weather finally permitted!

it did, and I was off work too! Hopefully next time it'll be 11.50's!

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

I invited Lou Dias to trash me in my own thread, he refused. sorry. if he trashes your thread going after me. I tried.

No pushrod 60V6 Fiero has been faster according to the 1/4 mile list.

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2022 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just updated the list with a time from an old timeslip from our friend Claude (car #477).

This is on his burgundy 1987 GT with 3.5 LX9 and 7730 computer.

And a not-so grabby clutch, because he wanted low clutch pedal effort.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just one more for fun. W41 282 3.4TDC bone stock with 180 degree headers and standalone ECU(EMUBlack) 13.7@103 with a 2.1 60ft, RE71 tires 255/45/17.

I might have a slip floating around in the car but it was not a serious drag day for me so I might have lost it.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On your yellow race car?

How is the curb weight compared to a stock Fiero?
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2022 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:
180 degree headers

6-3-1?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2022 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On your yellow race car?

How is the curb weight compared to a stock Fiero?

Its about the same as stock, 2725ish without me in it on multiple scales.

6-3-1?

No, they are not true 180 I suppose as they just stay even and odd. I call them "180" because they loop all over the engine bay, with 180 degree turns off the heads.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2022 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

No, they are not true 180 I suppose as they just stay even and odd. I call them "180" because they loop all over the engine bay, with 180 degree turns off the heads.

The collectors are still even fire, which is what 180 means on a V8.

There was a thread on here a while back about 6-2 headers vs 6-3 headers on a V6, but I didn't remember if that was you or not or if the OP of that thread ever built the 6-3's.
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2022 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like the ever hated Shaun bested me for fastest Pushrod 60V6, I need to get my fuel system back together and see if I can reclaim my throne!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

he's running a Turbo 3900 with a VVT delete, Miicrosquirt, and a getrag 5 speed.

------------------

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2022 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:
looks like the ever hated Shaun bested me for fastest Pushrod 60V6, I need to get my fuel system back together and see if I can reclaim my throne!

Updated!

All you have to do to get back on the throne is to redefine the throne.

Make it fastest 3.5 L Pushrod 60V6.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2022 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Updated!

All you have to do to get back on the throne is to redefine the throne.

Make it fastest 3.5 L Pushrod 60V6.

Lol!, yeah, I'll just get the fuel system done and give it another go! I think the car has low 11's in it's future.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock