snipped wires under the dash by tdale
Started on: 07-20-2015 11:57 AM
Replies: 7 (209 views)
Last post by: tdale on 07-21-2015 02:33 PM
tdale

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tdaleSend a Private Message to tdaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all!

I tried to find what these wires went to but no luck. Can someone tell me what they are? The black wire was snipped clean and i took off the outer coating to expose the color of the internal jackets.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Thanks everyone!!

[This message has been edited by tdale (edited 07-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks aftermarket. Not possible to follow to other end?. Not sure why previous owner did not just unplug??
I know " No Help! "

------------------
Mark
' 85 2m6 3.4PR
In the Great Northwest!

[This message has been edited by NW-Fiero (edited 07-20-2015).]

tdale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tdaleSend a Private Message to tdaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really it goes way up there and im not ready to take this entire dash apart haha. I yanked on it a little bit to bring down where it went to take the picture. After that its anyones guess i suppose. I cant find any issues with wiring to make my tac wacky. So i bought a new tachometer. I'm going to splice into C3 like ive read on the forum here. I'll see if that works, if it behaves the same with its own power and ground wire i suppose ill look at the filter again but the wiring and everything looked fine to me. The tachometer i bought is an iEquus and has the little box i can just clamp on to the ignition wire. However, if that does give me a good reading i need a way to get that wire into the cabin from the engine bay. I don't see anything really from the top side as an easy way in. Do you have any idea on that incase i need it haha.

Thanks,

Tom
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the wire that runs up inside the steering column and attaches to the cruise/turn signal stalk.
Those Wires are for the cruise control only.

------------------

Where will the road take you today?

Some helpful links I've done
How to remove inner door panels, with pics.
How to remove outer door panels, with pics.
How to make rear coil-overs using factory struts, with pics.
How to remove rear bearing hubs, with pics.
How to modify the stock Fiero radio for MP3 players, with pics.
How to come up with the right coolant hoses for that engine swap...With Pics.
Basic Fiero electrical testing "How To" and equipment...with pics.

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 07-20-2015).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:
That is the wire that runs up inside the steering column and attaches to the cruise/turn signal stalk.
Those Wires are for the cruise control only.
Yup.
See my Cave, Cruise Control

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

tdale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tdaleSend a Private Message to tdaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something else i noticed today, Some times more often than not when i use a blinker the wipers go off for one swipe.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tdale:

Something else i noticed today, Some times more often than not when i use a blinker the wipers go off for one swipe.

Phantom Wipers
Phantom Wiper Fix (pics)

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-21-2015).]

tdale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tdaleSend a Private Message to tdaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for your help.

I have decided to name my Fiero: Christine

I loved that movie and this car seems to have a mind of its own haha.

Now i just need to fix the oil pressure gauge. I spliced all the wires on the C3 connector to hook up the aftermarket tach including the power and the ground. So i know that ground isnt the issue for the tach being wacky. The after market one works fantastic. I'm going to rip apart the center gauges now. I'll let you guys know if i find anything odd.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock