Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  84 with 5 speed trans!? trying to swap s10 2.8 into 84 2.5 5 speed need help!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
84 with 5 speed trans!? trying to swap s10 2.8 into 84 2.5 5 speed need help! by Stickshift17
Started on: 05-07-2015 08:02 AM
Replies: 4 (129 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-07-2015 01:47 PM
Stickshift17

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stickshift17Send a Private Message to Stickshift17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys this is my first time posting here, I love the support and knowledge shared on here so hopefully Ya'll can help me out with some stuff! I have a few questions I need to get out a the way first.

What the heck kind of fiero do I have!? Lol, by VIN it's an 84 SE with the 2.5 but it's got a friggn 5 speed that looks like it was factory not swapped, now if unless I'm mistaken I though they only had 4 speeds in 84.. so also how do identify if it's the MT2 Isuzu or the MG2 Getrag. Sure I would love to look at the RPO codes but they are the exact oposite codes, matching absolutely nothing that the car has in it, saying it's the power windows locks and electric hatch pop when it's all manual. Saying it's a 3 speed auto when the beat up interior pieces have the 5 speed H pattern on them and countless other things...

I've been doing endless research like every night on engine swaps which leads me to my next question..

I have a 93 S10 5 speed with the 2.8 motor that I love to death, I just so happen to be getting ready to swap a 350 chevy into it tho, which leaves my beloved and strong running 2.8 in the corner getting dusty.. so IF I HAVE THE ISUZU MT2 5-SPEED Can i just plop the 2.8 in from the S10 since I have the ECU, harness, etc or does it *have to be the Getrag MG2?* and or *are the mounts and starter placement any diff from a fiero 2.8 and aN S10 2.8?*

If the 2.8 is a no go what is the best option for engine swap that will be not only easy but not too much for my existing trans.

Thanks so much hope to get some help before I pull all my hair out lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would imagine that your s10 is rwd and front engined, therefore your s10 tranny wouldn't work.

You could probably use the motor if you make some custom mounts
Stickshift17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stickshift17Send a Private Message to Stickshift17Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS IS A DOUBLE POST SORRY!

PS: Thank you for the coment tho! I intended on using my Isuzu trans in the Fiero, but the motor monuts and starter placement is what i'i'm working g on trying g to figure out right meow
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stickshift17:
What the heck kind of fiero do I have!? Lol, by VIN it's an 84 SE with the 2.5 but it's got a friggn 5 speed that looks like it was factory not swapped,

Pics of car please

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock