Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  how to install other gauges or clusters from other brands or cars??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
how to install other gauges or clusters from other brands or cars?? by vincent
Started on: 05-14-2014 11:34 AM
Replies: 7 (329 views)
Last post by: vincent on 05-15-2014 01:28 PM
vincent

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vincentSend a Private Message to vincentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello
I'm vincent from belgium.
i recently bought a 1987 2.8 fiero
i want to fully customize the interior with a self build dashboard (or a dash from antoher car that i going to do fit )
my question is : can i put any gauge i want in the car and connect them? or do i need to make conversion sets or something like that?

who can help me please??

kind regards
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should be interesting. I also want to install a custom Wood veneer dash(like an old Jag) with the old White face gauges. How to wire them into the fiero harness ?
vincent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vincentSend a Private Message to vincentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i realy hope someone can help :-)
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much work do you want to do? What is your skill level? Here is my dash swap from my build thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000139-7.html It's a Toyota dash running remote-mounted Chrysler electronics with custom gauge faces. Maybe it will give you a few ideas.
vincent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vincentSend a Private Message to vincentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my skill level is very good .
when someone can tell me where to watch out for or how to connect is fine
maybe a sheme or diagram would be nice.
i want to spend a lot of time on in , because i want to make a completly handbuild dashboard.

greetz
Jocksoft

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there.

Nice to see another Fiero guy from Europe.

I have an 88GT and I completely re-did my interior last year

The big problem I came across was the speed sensor.

The signal from the speed sensor goes to the speedo first BEFORE going to the computer. The original Fiero speedo then halfs the frequency before it is sent to the computer. If you remove that speedometer and install a new one, then no signal will go to the computer and the car runs like you put sugar in the tank. I eventually solved this problem by installing the original speedo gauge in parralel with the new one and hiding it inside the new dashboard.

I am sure someone else on here can explain that better than me.

I look forward to seeing some photos of your work.

Regards,

David.
vincent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vincentSend a Private Message to vincentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello,

do you have pics from you dash? or how you did it with the speedometer?

greetz
vincent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vincentSend a Private Message to vincentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

vincent

20 posts
Member since May 2014
i sure will post pictures.
but now i'm getting it started, because at the moment she crranks but don't start.
i found out that the fuel pump is broken.
as my fuelpump arrives then i gonna start to install a new clutch and completly new rear brakes (there are no good no more).
then i have to repair the front bumper (it's cracked )
and then i gonna start on the interiour.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock