switched trunk light by Csjag
Started on: 03-16-2014 09:45 PM
Replies: 9 (879 views)
Last post by: whitestar on 03-19-2014 09:08 AM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of a trunk light that has a switch on it that could be substituted for the Fiero trunk light? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't find it right now but there is a thread that shows one that's identical to the Fiero light but that also has a switch. If you do a search for trunk lights, make sure to include the archives.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090563.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068307.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-17-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure there is one, although it may not be a trunk light switch in the other car, I see no reason for it to have to be, I had an old, 65 I think it was Pontiac Bonneville that had a dash map light that had a switch on it and 3 wires going to it that worked when the doors were opened as well as when you were driving it could be switched on as a map light.

I gave my oldest kid a 80 Trans Am for a graduation present I think it was that had the exact same type of switch that look so similar it could have been the same exact switch from the 60s. I used it as a kill switch as she still lived in Worcester, MA when I gave it to her.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Inte...em2a34f9653d&vxp=mtr

Not the light I was talking about but looks a lot like it and I don't see why it wouldn't work, just reverse the wires so instead of switching the light on, it would switch the light off.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this what you are looking for? You do have to open the hole just a little.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

If this help you out contact Paul Vargyas (I do not know his screen name),
he is a member of the NIFE club.

Jack
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From another thread. S10 Blazer cargo light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/83-...r-Trim-/250312616900

Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to this thread and fierosound, I found this today at the Pull a Part! Six bucks from a 1989 S10 Blazer

Here is the backside; the hole will need to be enlarged a bit, mainly for the switch.

Here is the stock light with reference measure in my 1987 GT.

Here is the Blazer light with reference measure.
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J Gunsett:
Is this what you are looking for? You do have to open the hole just a little.

That was my install. It's the rear hatch light from a first gen Acura Integra (86-89)

Here's a comparison of the front sides of the stock lamp and the switched Teg lamp:

Here's a comparison the backs:

And here's how you make the switched light fit:

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Spoon posted a picture of the back showing the PN 20370830.
It backtracks to a part on 1982-1993 S10 Blazers.

Now you guys know where to look.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-19-2014).]

whitestar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you just get this :trunk light I had a 85 Trans Am and a 89 GTA and they have the same light that the Fiero uses except they had a switch.So you can this as a direct fit and a little extra wiring and put the switch whever you want. Or with a slight mod you can put it where the Fiero trunk area light is now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock