WTB switch for light in trunk to be able to turn it off when lids open by Csjag
Started on: 01-28-2014 07:49 AM
Replies: 19 (1009 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-16-2018 12:16 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone make or have one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could literally use any switch that you can find at any hardware store.

Just wire it in-line before the light bulb, then you can turn it on and off whenever you want when the trunk is open.
Just make sure you turn it "on" before you close the trunk so it will come on when you open the trunk next.

Or you could get a little more complex and run some extra wires so that the input of that switch doesn't matter and it will always turn on when the trunk opens regardless...
But that's a lot of work.

So anyway, you don't need any specific switch, any on/off switch will work.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

anyone make or have one?

Rodney Dickman sells this: http://rodneydickman.com/ca....php?products_id=105
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or just do what many of us do at car shows. Just buy a standard wooden golf tee.
Lit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 01-28-2014).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just go to the bone yards and find a light with the switch built in.

Here's mine, works great.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

nealreno

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nealrenoSend a Private Message to nealrenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Help" section in any auto parts store sells door buttons. I have used these in the past and adjusted the depth a nut. If your wanting the OE look. I have a couple uses but could not tell you if the contacts work.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having never owned a car with the trunk light, I have to ask, do they really do anything for you? I mean the only time you would use the light is at night, and if you had to get to something in the trunk. Also, with the trunk being small, what could you "lose" in the trunk that you could not see by just looking in the trunk. I'd think a more effective light would be one attached to the trunk lid that lite up when the trunk was open, or having two lights located on each end of the trunk vs. the one in the middle. Also, a pressure switch (light on when the trunk opens, turns off when the trunk closes) sounds like a good option. Finally, if the main concern is the light draining the battery when the trunk is open, can't you just pop off the cover, remove the light bulb and then put the cover back on. I mean you lose the light but if you don't really need it, then you get the benefit of not losing battery when left open.

Rob
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but Spoon -what kind of car did that switch come out of?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Spoon can get the PN off the back of the light for us.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-19-2014).]

raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a switch in the very back of my S10 Blazer that looks exactly like that switch.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aha - S10 Blazer cargo light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/83-...r-Trim-/250312616900

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-18-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay I went out and pulled the light for the number on the back.

I'll add more pics if resize works again.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 03-18-2014).]

FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

You could literally use any switch that you can find at any hardware store.

Just wire it in-line before the light bulb, then you can turn it on and off whenever you want when the trunk is open.
Just make sure you turn it "on" before you close the trunk so it will come on when you open the trunk next.

Or you could get a little more complex and run some extra wires so that the input of that switch doesn't matter and it will always turn on when the trunk opens regardless...
But that's a lot of work.

So anyway, you don't need any specific switch, any on/off switch will work.

Yes buy this one lol jk
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Okay I went out and pulled the light for the number on the back.

Thanks.
It backtracks as a part on 1982-1993 S10 Blazers.
Now you guys know where to look.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-19-2014).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent, I seen the trunk light picture in another thread a while back and thought when the time arose I would do the same. Thanks for the research shortcut.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you have to enlarge the opening for the Blazer light to fit?

------------------

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill have to make a note of the blazer light... It looks good too with the color matching the carpet somewhat!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took the bulb out of mine years ago.
Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Did you have to enlarge the opening for the Blazer light to fit?

Yes, a slight nip & tuck will do the trick.

Spoon

------------------

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The S-10 trunk light with the switch is nice and proactical but after buying several repros of the original trunk light from the Fiero Store I'm locked in. I just use an extra chrome bolt about 2" long in the lock latch. My trunk light mod is a direct fit LED bulb that is twice as bright and uses less current. Gives the trunk more light with a more modern appearance. Also did this for the hood compartment light but it uses a different no. bulb..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock