Seats by newfiejeff
Started on: 09-19-2013 11:13 AM
Replies: 13 (787 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 09-22-2013 01:32 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, looks like I will be getting a 1986 Fiero today or hope so anyways. I know the seats need to redone, anyone got any ideas on what I should do. Meaning to reupholster or get new seats. What vehicle's years will fit a 1986 Fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.mrmikes.com is about the best replacement upholstery (leather) you can get.

Otherwise, all fiero seats/covers are interchangeable, except that 84-85 had speakers in the headrest. I believe some firebird and corvette seats will fit, if you use fiero tracks. You may want to search the forum for that info though.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats your budget?
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a big budget!!! Just looking at Andy's auto sports, are you familiar with them?
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunfire seats will bolt right up to the Fiero seat tracks. Very easy install. The also come with seat recliner levers and shoulder seat belt guides.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wHAT YEAR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Mikes also makes a vinyl custom fit cover for the Fiero, for the budget minded. Still very high quality.

Someone had posted that they found some leather Hyundai Tiburon seats that fit into the Fiero with only slight modification to mount the tracks. They were an inch or so higher, had a better head restraint and also were narrow enough that they didn't scrub the console and left room for operation of the emergency brake lever. Try a search for Tiburon.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfiejeff:

wHAT YEAR

The last gen Sunfire/Cavalier will fit for certain ... that's where I got mine. I suspect that earlier models may fits as well, but I'd recommend purchasing as new a set as possible. That old foam will collapse over time. I paid $50 as our local Pick n Pull yard for the pair. Most of the newer ones have vinyl headrests, but if you can find a Rallye Sport it will have headrests made of the same material.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Be forewarned... taller people need to be more picky in regards to trying seats from other cars in their Fieros.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, did you ever hear of the Gangsta-Lean up there?
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Love Mr. Mikes seats. Here's mine

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Patrick, did you ever hear of the Gangsta-Lean up there?

I had to look it up. I liked the following definition...

Clownish activity practiced while driving by illiterate high school dropouts and other social misfits.
Anyone that practices the gangsta lean is proclaiming to society that he anticipates dying at a young age from stray gunfire.
Known to invite cleansing the gene pool by other gangsta leaners that practice alternate leaning styles.

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Mikes are beautiful, but junk yard seats are $25 each for perfect seats, Camaro, firebird, cavalier, many many cars fit, and are more comfortable than fiero seats.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock