Lowering/alignment question by S-toon
Started on: 09-09-2013 01:59 PM
Replies: 8 (226 views)
Last post by: S-toon on 09-10-2013 01:01 PM
S-toon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have coilovers in the back, If I wanted to lower or raise the back end a bit would I need to get an alignment everytime I wanted to lower/raise the back? I'm asking because I would like to lower the back end by about 1/2" right now.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Might make a difference if you're referring to '84-'87 or to '88.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assuming your alignment is OK to begin with, I don't think 1/2" will make much of a difference.
S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh sorry about that, It's 87 SE, 2.8 5spd Getrag incase need that info too, also just redid my suspension so got fully poly, new kyb shocks, cut 2 coils off front, yes did raise the bump stops 3/4", new kyb struts, 7" sleeves, 10" 300# springs. Right now the spring is sitting half way on the 7" sleeve. I want to lower the back end a bit to match the front, it's on 17" rims, with 215/45/17

Yes the alignment is good, just got it done on Sat. so if I wouldn't need to get another one that would be great, but if I need to get another one then I might just wait awhile to lower the back end.

[This message has been edited by S-toon (edited 09-09-2013).]

trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A half inch lower is not much different than having a Fat Chick get in the passenger seat. Larry
S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha well how much more could I go without needing an alignment, 3/4", 1" lower. Right now im just guessing at 1/2" as im at work, wont know for sure until I get home and really check, but the rear does have a bit more of wheel gap then the front , not a lot but doesn't look even and just want them to look even.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should get an alignment after you decide the final ride height. I'd just eye ball the toe in after each height adjustment until you've decided your final height.
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont think it would make that much difference - the only alignments you can do on the rear is Toe and Camber .
the toe will not be affected and the camber when it is adjusted is the angle between the strutt and the the tread side of the tyre.
all you are doing is raising the bodywork up or down the length of the strutt.

that is the easiest way i can explain it

I have the same set up as yours on mine see here

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092205.html

hope this helps explain things

jon
S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks jon, I have just got it on the road after redoing my suspension and getting it aligned on Sat, so I will just leave it as is for a while to see if it will settle down a bit more. If not I will go ahead and level the back end with the front. Oh and by the way, your car looks really nice!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock