finally got a pair of new shoes by jon m
Started on: 06-29-2013 01:09 PM
Replies: 20 (1108 views)
Last post by: jon m on 07-04-2013 03:26 PM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well finally after many years of trying to find the right alloy wheel for my 87gt and after chewing many ears of the forum members here about lowering my suspension etc - I have finally got my new wheels.

They are 18x8's with 225x40x18 tyres.

so as I am having a very proud and finally done it moment - I would like to thank all the forum members that have gave me much valued information on lowering suspension and aftermarket alloy wheel fitments and hope your ears have healed

jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those fit the car perfectly and are VERY nice wheels. The car is just the right height for the size wheels. Looks great. Definately something to be proud of.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you - as I said it has took me a few years searching for the right wheel (in my opinion) then this set came along and to top it off - I got a good deal on them as I think the vendor wanted rid of them as this particular wheel is now made with a deep dish type lip on them.

thanks again
jon
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Jon

Dr. W.
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! I like them.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Looks good! I like them.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!! What did you do for lowering? Stance of your car looks just right.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

Thank you - as I said it has took me a few years searching for the right wheel (in my opinion) then this set came along and to top it off - I got a good deal on them as I think the vendor wanted rid of them as this particular wheel is now made with a deep dish type lip on them.

thanks again
jon

Very nice! Like a modern version of the stockers. Can you link the ones with the lip? I particularly love that look, I'm assuming these aren't available in the US?
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Very nice! Like a modern version of the stockers. Can you link the ones with the lip? I particularly love that look, I'm assuming these aren't available in the US?

I was thinking the same thing. Very nice!
DKFiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKFieroSend a Private Message to DKFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If only the pictures still worked...
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your replies.

Grantman - the front are st suspension lowering springs ( previous owner I believe he got them from jc witney) which I think you can buy just the fronts.
The rear is a coil over set up Again the previous owner had bought QA1 12-300 coil springs however he had them set up wrong so I ended up buying a set of new coil sleeves and adjusters from summit.
see this posting https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000018-12.html near the bottom of the page to see how I did mine.

Nitroheadz28, Rice.1 and DKfiero - here is the link to ebay for the deepdish style http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/dare-lp

here is the link to the manufacturer http://daremotorsport.com/p...y/dare-euro-edition/

mine are the LP560 (which lamborghini used) the deep dish style are model no LP 560 D I dont think the website has been updated yet.
I believe that you can get them in the U.S but maybe under a different name anyway if you contact the manufacuter as I did (you will get a quick response) they will tell you if they supply the U.S and where your nearest dealer is.

Glad you like them guys.

jon

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 06-30-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAYUM those wheels look sharp man. That is also a very smart looking Fastback. Congrats. I REALLY like the looks of the deep dish ones you posted too. Sweet . Enjoy it man..peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, and I do like the look you've achieved.

Have you noticed any deviation in your speedometer reading with the larger wheels?

I think there are different sized drive gears for the transmission speedo gear.

If you swapped it, what color gear did you get?

Arn
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, looks really good. Those wheels are awesome!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Just curious, and I do like the look you've achieved.

Have you noticed any deviation in your speedometer reading with the larger wheels?

I think there are different sized drive gears for the transmission speedo gear.

If you swapped it, what color gear did you get?

Arn

Arn - unfortunately I havent taken the car out onto the road yet however I used this website to see if the rims would fit http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp - and it also gives indications on clearances regarding suspension and wheelwells etc also it gave me a speedometer reading that when the speedo reads 60mph I would actually be doing 59.8 this is based on my previous wheels/tyres with the new size of wheels and tyres.

hope this helps
jon
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are one of the best wheel designs I've seen on a Fiero, looks awesome!

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Those are one of the best wheel designs I've seen on a Fiero, looks awesome!

Thank you - I wanted to get the car to look more up to date but still keep it looking stock and I think that these particular wheels do that by its mesh like design like the original gt wheels and because its a large mesh you can see through to the calipers and discs which i have drilled and slotted ones on mine.

jon

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 07-01-2013).]

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

Thank you - I wanted to get the car to look more up to date but still keep it looking stock and I think that these particular wheels do that by its mesh like design like the original gt wheels and because its a large mesh you can see through to the calipers and discs which i have drilled and slotted ones on mine.

jon

That's exactly what I was getting at!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice choice. Really improves the cars appearance.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Jon!

It's nice to see Fiero's equipped with wheels that are not readily available here in the US. How long have you owned your car?
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the car on may 16th 2002 in the netherlands it still has the original paint with the vin stickers on the panels except for the rear bumper.

jon
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock