Started on: 08-31-2013 01:04 AM
Replies: 60 (4488 views)
Last post by: tshark on 04-05-2014 04:08 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage and I collaborated on some side louvers. He made them from fiberglass. They can be just screwed on after cutting a hole in the panel, or blended in. I have a pair left (a left and right side). On mine, I just put clips on the panel at four corners and screwed them on. I just took the screws out to remove the panel to change the cone air filter.

IP: Logged
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my DD at a body shop right now. I'm going to take one of my panels with me when I pick it up so I can ask him what needs to be taken into account for painting them to make sure they'll match the rest of the body when he paints it.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my scoops from the Fiero Warehouse today. I'm a fussy guy. My 87 has been my baby for 26 years. I expected the scoops to be a good design and quality workmanship. I have to tell you they are even better , in both respects, than I could have ever hoped for. I had them drill and slot the scoops plus install the screens. Money well spent. The grills can be easily removed for painting and fit really well. I wish they made an inside liner air hook up but I will have fun fabbing some. Very high quality product - very reasonable price! My Z28 cowl induction hood scoop should be here in a few days. Jegs has them for $129 with free shipping. They are just the right size to fit between the hood blisters. They should compliment the side scoops. Despite the -11 wind chill and my crapped out plow truck - it's been a great week!

Woody
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Warehouse too

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, the Fiero Warehouse ones seem to be top quality. I got them drilled and screened as well. Can't wait to get them on and get the car painted, but I have to get my front end back together, plus my DD is taking up a spot at the paint shop for the next few days.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any issues with the air intake when you add the scoops? And how easily are the screens added? I apologize forall of the questions but I wantto make sure that I make an informed decision.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on removing the 'plumbing' for the stock air scoop and just putting a cone filter in the fender well for now. Long term I want to 'glass in a ram air type setup.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the RAM type side scoops on The Widow pics you wanted

regards
Danyel

cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reallybig.
The red scoops you have on the last page. Are they 82-85 Firebird, Formula, Trans Am without ground affects? Also are they rigid or bendable? I ask if so that the inside screen area could be pushed in some with a rigid screen to open it up some.
I've been looking at those. The shapes look right for the hood without any special mods other than cutting the hole. They look they could be made to pop in. The screen area is a little small, but they just look right.
I would have considered them for side scoops. They would work great for the right side. The left side would need the stock scoop filled in first. Taller but shorter.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cmechmann:

Reallybig.
The red scoops you have on the last page. Are they 82-85 Firebird, Formula, Trans Am without ground affects? Also are they rigid or bendable? I ask if so that the inside screen area could be pushed in some with a rigid screen to open it up some.
I've been looking at those. The shapes look right for the hood without any special mods other than cutting the hole. They look they could be made to pop in. The screen area is a little small, but they just look right.
I would have considered them for side scoops. They would work great for the right side. The left side would need the stock scoop filled in first. Taller but shorter.

I don't remember exactly which year firebird they are from but know that the same looking scoops on the ground effects model have a longer lower side that extends behind the side ground effects trim. They are hard plastic and don't bend easily. The open area has a cheap plastic screen that breaks easily...and the volume of air they let through will be low. They have a curve to them that matches the fierbird fenders so on a fiero hood would have a bit of a hump... Could be worked a bit i am sure. Overall they are a bit small for a hood but think if theopening was cut down on an angle to provide more flow, they would look good and function better.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just remember the drivers side is really the intake for the air cleaner. Anything modded without a baffle can injest water in a heavy rain on the highway. My Ferrari kit ran the duct into the air cleaner without any baffle and in a heavy downpour on the freeway, it sometimes would sputter and miss, even quit completely a few times. Also without a baffle (to catch the water), if you use a stock paper air cleaner element, they get soaked like a roll of toilet paper. I ran K&N waterproof filters in mine. Thats the main reason you find a lot of rust in the air cleaner canister.
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Warehouse on the rear and Trans Am on the front.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093103.html

Rob
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I made my own here.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121904.html
It's not to bad if your handy.

Those look pretty sharp, unfortunately I don't qualify in the 'if you're handy' department
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get the ram style scoops? the fiero warehouse no longer seems to be in business.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have bought fiberglass from Fiero Warehouse, Fiero Fiberglass and Tha Driver and I must say that we are fortunate to have vendors who have good products.
I didn`t have to prep much to get them smooth and ready for paint.
Plus, they fit pretty good as well.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Inferno:

Where can I get the ram style scoops? the fiero warehouse no longer seems to be in business.

Doug is still around. http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfiero/
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know anything about the scoops. I just bought the car on Saturday. Sure love the look of them though.

------------------
My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, after reading this I started looking around and found a set of Fiat scoops. So I ordered them.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Then I remembered that I ordered a Fiero Store Scoop from a member, lol. I haven't been home for a few weeks. So I don't know what to do now. I guess one or the other will be for sale for what I paid for them. Having matching side would be cool, but TFS scoop would be easier and it has FIERO on it, soooo....

[This message has been edited by racingfortheson (edited 03-30-2014).]

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

racingfortheson

377 posts
Member since Aug 2013
I can't get my image to post. Let's try making it smaller
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I don't know anything about the scoops. I just bought the car on Saturday. Sure love the look of them though.

You lucky guy. That was a nice car, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I wanted the Fiero Store glove box out of it.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay