It's time to get my 87 blue GT back on the road and I have a few questions.
- The headlight motors: I searched first but didn't find an FAQ on R&R for them. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? My plan was to purchase already-rebuilt motors from the Fiero Store, unless doing the rebuild is very easy.
- The radio: It won't go above about 106.9 on FM, AM is just noise, and it's picking up noise from the electrical system in the car that corresponds to engine RPMs. Best to just ditch it and go with something new?
- Dew wipes: Same as headlight motors. Is there an FAQ for R&R?
- Power window motors. Same.
- The power door locks require multiple button presses to complete a lock/unlock. Thoughts?
- Since I'm going to have the doors apart to do the previously listed things, is there anything else I should do at the same time? I just want to have all the parts on hand so I can get everything done quickly.
- Tail light: Someone punched a hole through the left half a few years back. I see a replacement right at the Fiero Store, but not the left. Is there a source for these?
- Two-parter: It has an after-market sunroof installed by the original owner when it was new. It leaks like heck and the car is store outside, so needs fixed. My plan is to take it to a body shop and have them replace it or do whatever should be done, and install a new headliner at the same time. Any thoughts about the sunroof appreciated, and I'm looking for a recommendation on which headliner to get. Quality trumps price.
Mechanically it's pretty sound already- I had it under the care of a mechanic who was the president of the local Fiero Owner's Club and he put a lot of work into it.
Thanks in advance for your expertise and knowledge. I love this little car (it was my college graduation gift to myself in 1991) and I'm stoked to get it back on the road. I have a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline, which has a lot more power, but in several ways the Fiero is more fun to drive.