3800SC dog bone mount by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 07-17-2013 07:08 PM
Replies: 6 (613 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 07-18-2013 03:55 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3800SC/ auto (1997 Riviera) . I am Having to lower my Alternator (changed to a small one). The stock alt bracket has no provision for a dog bone. if I take the" orig" alt mount OFF and try to use a "pre made"dog bone mount that I bought, then I have NO "tensioner Pulley" for the Alt belt. Isn't there a factory "dogbone" Mount (that "lines up" with the Fiero trunk Bracket) ,that has a tensioner pulley on it ? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No you got to add it to the stock dogbone, you can do it without welding welding by grinding down the front at the top bolt hole to match your a different tensioner (making sure to cut notches or make a washer that will lock it in place so it doesnt spin on the bolt).

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a few pics of the factory dogbone mount, front of head, (no alt) with tensioner, I "Thought" someone said it was GP or GTP.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read through this: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-071510.html

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the Bracket that is in NONE of the Boneyards here. a 3.8Ford tensioner ? Hmm,,, I can't get any of your video's to open. Thanks
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have one. I'll have to look. I cut a couple of them down but didn't use them. I guess my mounts put my engine further to the left where the dogbone would have needed to be angled. I have seen where people do have to modify the dogbone. PM me if you want me to search the bins of parts...
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before I have you "dig it out", I'm going to "look into "Other" places/ways to put the dogbone. I appreciate your help. I "May" end up needing that part. Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock