master cylinder by vizzionn
Started on: 07-15-2013 10:20 AM
Replies: 8 (213 views)
Last post by: vizzionn on 07-16-2013 03:17 PM
vizzionn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vizzionnSend a Private Message to vizzionnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok none of my local parts store has a master cylinder in stock . What im wondering is there any vehicles out there that would be compatible with a 88 fiero notch back with the 2.5 engine?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1994 S10 or Blazer, both will be bigger than stock with the blazer being the Biggest. I think the Blazer MC would be too big for stock brakes, I recommend using the Fiero MC, but you could probably get away with the S10 MC.

It is a little bigger than stock (I believe) and bolts right up and threads right up, but it will change your braking a little. You will be able to produce a little less line pressure at the same pedal effort, but pedal travel will be reduced.

I said 1994 because I have a 1994 Blazer MC in my Grand Am brake swap so I am certain that year will work.
vizzionn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vizzionnSend a Private Message to vizzionnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info i might try the S10 MC
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 by the way, that may affect things as I did not see yours was an 88 and I think they might have different MCs.
vizzionn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vizzionnSend a Private Message to vizzionnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok thanks for letting me know if anyone else has any info plz chime in and let me know
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went through several MC's before finding a good one that doesn't leak. Watch out with remans, they may have issues out of the box. Let me see if I can find the thread with more info.

EDIT: Found it: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-120350.html the pictures are dead though.

[This message has been edited by BlackEmrald (edited 07-15-2013).]

zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Blazer MC I bought was 27 dollars NEW from Rock Auto made by Cardone. It is great, no probems. I am sure you can find the S10 one for the same price.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which master do you have. The one with the line out the end or out the middle?
If the line is out the middle you can ask if they have or can get you a rebuild kit. If there is a clutch and brake rebuilder in your area they might carry them. Get a rebuild master kit for an 89 Jeep Cherokee. If the one with the line out he front end no ideas.
I've never looked at my 88 to see which it has for sure.

vizzionn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vizzionnSend a Private Message to vizzionnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank for the info all ill have to see how the lines run here in a litle bit and ill let you all know

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock