Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  What seats work in the Fiero, besides stock? (yes I searched) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What seats work in the Fiero, besides stock? (yes I searched) by jimbolaya
Started on: 06-29-2013 02:03 PM
Replies: 42 (5079 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 04-30-2024 07:48 AM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Inferno:

Here is what I can show you.
I have the SRT4 seats. I have installed just the drivers so far.

Even though I have then sitting as low as I can get them, they still sit too high for my liking. I would stick to the Stock seats.

You could remove the tracks completely and bolt the seat directly to the floor. Most guys just find a comfortable position (for and aft) and leave it there anyway, so adjustability may not be a problem.

By the way, NICE WHEELS . Those look REALLY good.
IP: Logged
Datez

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2024 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DatezSend a Private Message to DatezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

First of all let me say that I have done a search. I am just asking this question now just to see if there is an option out there I am missing. So here goes. What seats work in the Fiero, besides stock? I am not necessarily talking about direct fit. I realize that transfer of the Fiero rails is necessary. Here is what I found through search. I have omitted the years of the models that will work.

-21" seems to be the magic width, but didn't find a number on height. Nothing a tape measure won't solve.

-Cavalier seats
-Tiburon seats
-Firebird/TA/Camaro seats
-Corvette seats

What else is there, experts?

Jim

I know this is yearssss later, but I recently bought fiero seats for another project car of mine and it didn’t come with the slider rails. Do the rails from the seats above directly bolt into the fiero seats? I’ll have to fabricate what the rails bolt to, but I can’t find any sliders to fabricate for… also what size/thread are the bolts that bolt into the fiero seat? Thanks
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2024 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Datez:

I know this is yearssss later, but I recently bought fiero seats for another project car of mine and it didn’t come with the slider rails. Do the rails from the seats above directly bolt into the fiero seats? I’ll have to fabricate what the rails bolt to, but I can’t find any sliders to fabricate for… also what size/thread are the bolts that bolt into the fiero seat? Thanks

Hey, I know you're struggling here with trying to find a solution... but the seats / rails are one unit. They obviously separate... but the brackets are 1/2 of the rails. You live near West Coast Fieros... who has a huge Fiero junkyard. There is also the Fiero Factory which is moving to Colorado from Tony Alabama. They all have Fiero seat rails that you can buy from them that you can modify.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock