Fiero trunk lid rubber question by msrservices
Started on: 06-28-2013 01:38 AM
Replies: 5 (226 views)
Last post by: 92wastheyear on 06-29-2013 04:27 PM
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My question is about the piece of rubber that goes on the back of the trunk lid (near the back window), that keeps water from running down onto the exhaust manifold.

How does this piece actually attach to the lid?

I just got done replacing a cracked manifold and I would like to do what I can to avoid ever having to do that again!

I can't seem to find a good picture of it installed, since I can't seem to even find the right name for it.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
screws

Arn
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a replacement available for these? People just using something from a hardware store?

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OEM piece is attached with clips - one side clips onto the lip and the other side at 90° clips onto the metal edge of the weather strip.

At one time there was someone selling a home made version that attached to the lid and the other side attached to the firewall - this prevented the issue of water still falling onto the manifold as it would still happen with the OEM one when you opened the decklid. This was several years ago and doubt that they are still available or who it was that had them for sale (might have been one of the southern US Fiero clubs for that matter).

edit: try searching for recall weather strip

edit2:

link for the aftermarket ones: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/123091.html

picture of the aftermarket one: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-1-036753.html

link that has a picture of it mounted showing the clips: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-2-046528.html

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 06-28-2013).]

msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's just what I was looking for. Thank you!
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed that Mike Freed guy who sold those Diverters and he says he doesn't sell them build them anymore

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock