Started on: 11-15-2012 04:07 PM
Replies: 42 (2683 views)
Last post by: AL87 on 07-29-2013 11:38 AM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

Will, there's no hope for this one.

I'm stubborn.
IP: Logged
Four_hundred_86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, not trying to entice a flame war here but I had a similar question. I have an 86 SE 2.8 4 Speed it has a "fresh" bottom end, and a tunable 7165 (smilar to a 7730). When auto crossing I have found that occasionally you need a little more than 4500 rpms there is tha no man's zone between topping out first and lugging out second. So where can I safely set my rev limiter to to get decent performance without grenading my 2.8? Also no I cannot engine swap, that puts me into X-prep, which is where the BIG power cars go. It is the Do whatever you want class.

------------------
Honestly, What is a "stock" Fiero?

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you will have to play around with that man, since you have a manual, you have the luxury of shifting and hitting the rpm wherever you want. theres torque down low, but where it lugs is where the rpm is TOO low.
that means you gotta hit it higher, I have a fresh bottom end as well. and a mild performance setup.
I can hit 7k and sit there for a little, but I also have an automatic... so I'm never in the low rpm.
the detent cable simply wont let me stay in the gear I want to be in...

ive done some research, and a good 2.8 can stay together at 7k. thing is though, the engine's hp and tq drops off after 5k anyways. if you want it to spin high, get stiffer valve springs, and a hotter cam to make better use of higher rpm.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock