Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Fiero GTS (GT Streched) Build thread Fast Back plus Nochie (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero GTS (GT Streched) Build thread Fast Back plus Nochie by Nebraska
Started on: 11-07-2012 09:54 PM
Replies: 145 (10838 views)
Last post by: RichLo1 on 01-25-2022 01:15 PM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really wish this was closer to me. I'm on longisland NY. I really like it though.

Louis

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
"Don't hate ... Carburate!"
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

IP: Logged
kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebraska:

Its back together again and it runs. That was a minor setback, but now I can start going forward. I welded up the axles and the next thing is to get the rear brakes fixed up. Here is pic of the axles, 1/2 Audi and 1/2 Fiero.

A thing that I'm curious about is how is the change in length of the axle taken up as it goes through its arc of travel during compression and rebound? The inner joint on the Fiero allows for this; the Audi inner joint appears fixed, as is the outer Fiero joint, what am I not seeing?

It's a bummer that you want to rid yourself of your project. I hope you reconsider. It is very instructive of your thinking and creative process. Bottom line, however, is what's best for you is the governing thing.

Ken
Nebraska

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The inner Audi CV joint is NOT fixed and allows the axle to move in and out. I verified the axle did not bind through the full travel of the suspension without the spring.
kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent. Thanks. Didn't know that about the Audi joint.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much further did you get in this build? You might consider posting current pictures of everything your selling, it could push someone to pull the trigger on buying it.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The time has come to let this Fiero go to someone else that has the time to finish it. I have many of other Fiero parts that will go with it. I was thinking about $3000 for everything, I will post all the details in the mall. This has been a great project and would really like to see it completed.

You did some fantastic work on this project. You got a lot of the hard stuff out of the way...why the change in heart? Sometimes you have to put a project on the shelf for a little time to get yourself feeling fresh again. Hopefully you can get your second wind. You deserve to reap the rewards of all the effort you put into this.
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, as I was getting the fiero ready for sale, digging it out of the garage, I got bit from the fiero bug again. I am NOT selling it now !
I will continue work on it to get it where I want it. I have a lot of ideas, brakes, wheels, body mods, and interior updates.
I did drive it a little more than my initial test drives. I know I need a little tunning. I'm trying to find a alternitive to the 7730. I noticed
there is a thread dedecated to the northatar swap, I'll be reading and posting there for ECM/PCM issues.

Here we go again !!!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, as I was getting the fiero ready for sale, digging it out of the garage, I got bit from the fiero bug again. I am NOT selling it now !

Here we go again !!!

I'm not sure those bugs ever go completely away
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nebraska cool build
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad you are back into the build

Jay
Fierostarvin

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierostarvinSend a Private Message to FierostarvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad your going to finish, sometimes you just need to take a break.
PFF
System Bot
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2015 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to jaybug56 I got a second wind.

Thanks Jay.

Once I started the engine again I was hooked again.
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'm back at it again.

Since I got Fiero GTS out and drove more I decided to swap the "7730 ECM setup" for the LS1 PCM and Shelby Series 1 setup. I'm not a tuner and do not have many $$$ to try to get the 7730 running better I decided to switch computers. I really appriciated Ryan Hess for well documenting what he did to get the N* running with the 7730. I followed his instructions and it does run and runs ok but ther are a few issues that need worked out. I read many threads where people tweaked Hess's .bin to get it running better. Then I've been reading up on the LS1 PCM setups, which is OBDII, and thought that if I needed tweaking/tuning done I prefer to do it on a more updated system. I got in contact with Ryan at Sinister Performance, I know another Ryan, and he is going to do the tuning and help me work through this. I will try to document this conversion in a way that a person with no tuning background can do the same thing. I know the hottest swap is the LSx now but I really like the N*. Off to the junk yard to pick up some hardware this week end, its suppose to be about 40 degrees
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck at the junk yard. Looks like the weather is starting to change. At least this week looks warm ( yes, 40 is warm ).
If you need help finding junk yard parts let me know, i can look at the local pick-a-part. I love me some junk yard work.

Jay
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you're back at it!
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had it out again this weekend, wow! this is fun to drive. Here are the some current pics.

Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nebraska

122 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Also picked up a LSx PCM and wiring harness. I going to switch it over from the "7730" to the LSx PCM with a Shelby Series 1 tune.

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck! I posted a pinout for an LS1 PCM in the N* discussion thread. if you know the year make and model for the PCM/harness you have, I can get a few diagrams for you if you need them.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

"The day I tried to live, I stole a thousand beggars' change and gave it to the rich."
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ericjon262

I got the PCM from a 2000 GM 1500 truck, I think it was the 5.3. I assumed the pinout would be the same for all 1999 - 2000 "896" PCMs.
I do have the VIN from the truck but not with me at the current time.
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off to Ryan at Sinister Performance. I hope this works out.

jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2015 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the turn around time from Sinister
PFF
System Bot
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2015 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ericjon262

I got the PCM from a 2000 GM 1500 truck, I think it was the 5.3. I assumed the pinout would be the same for all 1999 - 2000 "896" PCMs.
I do have the VIN from the truck but not with me at the current time.

I don't have data for that truck(yet) Need to find the other data discs... if I find it I will let you know.

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

"The day I tried to live, I stole a thousand beggars' change and gave it to the rich."
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very awesome!
TRcrazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRcrazySend a Private Message to TRcrazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the build ? -Vinny
Nebraska

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2022 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NebraskaSend a Private Message to NebraskaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone out there. I'm planning to move again, hopefully for the last time ! I have to many projects and some have to go.

Just posting this to see if there is anybody out there that would want to finish this project ? It runs and drives But not really road worthy. Some of the brake plumbing is temporary and the clutch slips if you get on it. I used the old clutch just to get it going. It has a a clear title.

So, is there anyone interested ?? I will let it go really cheap, make me an offer. I have about another car worth of body panels and parts.
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2022 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are you looking to get out of it and did you do anything to it since you last posted in 2015? Any current pictures?

Where in Iowa are you?

[This message has been edited by RichLo1 (edited 01-25-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay