Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Let's replace my 88's 2.5 with a 4.9! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Let's replace my 88's 2.5 with a 4.9! by Reallybig
Started on: 04-26-2012 11:53 PM
Replies: 326 (17686 views)
Last post by: Warlordsix on 06-10-2018 01:40 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2018 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finishing an LS1 swap now.....
IP: Logged
Reallybig

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2018 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I love my 4.9 FORMULA!
It's a great power train for a Fiero!

Same. It really is a blast to drive! Sure others have more power but you gotta love when you turn the key in a parking lot and the motor heads stop, turn their heads, and raise one eyebrow. Lol. I wanted the rumble of a V8 and have been enjoying it for 5 years now? I own 3 3800sc cars and have had to do the LIM gasket on all 3 and replace one motor.

Let the flames begin!!!

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 06-07-2018).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Finishing an LS1 swap now.....

I'm sure that there are some who are very interested in this swap. Try a build thread. I would have liked to do an LS2 swap myself but with an auto, an adapter plate is needed and the powertrain length is more than will easily fit on the cradle. From what I have read a serious cradle modification is needed but the end result is very nice.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2018 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, don't do build threads.

No adapter plate on this one.....🤔
Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Really Big. Excellent thread. Helps me better understand the 4.9 Fiero I picked up from a PO who already did the swap. Anyhow, I really like those 18" rims you're running. What type, width, backspace, etc. What size tires? My current tires are 225/50R16.

Thanks.

Ernie
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warlordsix:

Hey, Really Big. Excellent thread. Helps me better understand the 4.9 Fiero I picked up from a PO who already did the swap. Anyhow, I really like those 18" rims you're running. What type, width, backspace, etc. What size tires? My current tires are 225/50R16.
[QUOTE]

Hey.
The rims "MMR GT1's" and measure aprox 9.5" outer flange to outer flange, so... 8.5" width? 18" with unknown backspace... right now. They are burried in the garage. Haven't put em on yet this year. Tire size is 225-40ZR 18. A bit big in diameter and narrow for the rim causing the lip to stick out past the rubber. Curb rash is a serious issue!!

http://www.buyrimsandtires....ilver-wheels-p-17531

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 06-09-2018).]

Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many thanks. This is helpful.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock