Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics by CrazyDragn
Started on: 01-29-2012 06:43 PM
Replies: 223 (14864 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 08-26-2023 01:29 AM
Ducati Jones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Crazy Dragn where did you get the front headlights? I don't like that style on C3 vettes but they look very cool on your Fiero.
IP: Logged
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The center caps look like the emblem you wanted IMSA GT to make for you. Did he come through?

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

The center caps look like the emblem you wanted IMSA GT to make for you. Did he come through?

Jonathan

Nope, These are the rims and tires. He is still out on business.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ducati Jones:

Hey Crazy Dragn where did you get the front headlights? I don't like that style on C3 vettes but they look very cool on your Fiero.

I hand made those. They are one off's

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 01-19-2013).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what came in today, YEAH!!!

This is a test fit, so far looks really good, Thank to V8 Archie.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took the bumper pad nose off and was sanding down the "pointiac" off the headlight cover:
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
LOOK WHAT CAME IN!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!, Thanks to Jimmy S frome fiero fiberglass for the nose!!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Got it on the car!!!! Starting to look good !!!!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna be a major transformation! You gonna shoot the paint?

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gonna be a major transformation! You gonna shoot the paint?

Jonathan

I would love to but I need a place to do it at. My land lord wont let me do it here anymore.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any plans for the Hi Tech Turbo wheels you are replacing?

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have any plans for the Hi Tech Turbo wheels you are replacing?

Jonathan

not sure, but I do know that the tires are practally new with only 1,000 miles on them.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Here I am installing the FieroFan1 Low profile headlamp bucket.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
I put my new wheels on for test fitting today, Man they look AWSOME!!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

not sure, but I do know that the tires are practally new with only 1,000 miles on them.

If you decide you want them out of your way, keep in mind there is a starving school boy across town who needs tires!

Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Wasn't your paint a sprayed on Rustoleum job? ALL of that has to come off before a re-paint with automotive paint. You can't just "prep" it. It won't work chemically with other paint so it won't stick.

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wasn't your paint a sprayed on Rustoleum job? ALL of that has to come off before a re-paint with automotive paint. You can't just "prep" it. It won't work chemically with other paint so it won't stick.

Jonathan

Yep, plan on sanding down and re-primer-ing it again. Got a Mustang 99-04 scoop coming in for the rear deck lid. Wanting to get a rear "camaro lip" spoiler for the back. Going to bondo all that in - primer it.
Then I'm going to have the engine out and the 3.8 in before painting it.
So, I'll have a grey car for a while, then it's on to Rosa Corsa RED!!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Kahines is going to send me a complete back tail light panel for the corvette tail lights monday. Getting excited again, I can't wait!!
I will post pics as soon as it gets finished and prept. Will get the whole car prept and primed when the weather warms back up.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I now have slot and drilled rotors,

I have also painted the break caliper,

and here you can see whereI have low profile lowbeam headlight up. (the other will be able to come up when I get the triangle piece from fiero factory - I also have the rear of the car up on stilts so that why the front bumper is so close to the ground)

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 02-13-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making great progress! That is going to be a sweet ride!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here I have got one side with primer. When it warms up I am going to get the other side too.

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 02-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my engine scoop in today. Got it ready and primered. Sanded down the rear deck lid and all but back bumper. Gonna fill in the scoop tomorrow after work, hopefully. Pics in the morning.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the scoop before preping in
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty soon it won't be a Fiero anymore! LOL

Jonathan
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New wheels are in, Took a picture at night, kind of blurry but - you get the idea:

Boy those wheels look similar to the ones on the car I bought.

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Boy those wheels look similar to the ones on the car I bought.

Mine look similar except for one thing, the FERARRI EMBLEM in the center, LOL
They actually have a different close-ness in the spoke pattern. Mine are faced at 38mm.

Very nice though
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the back tail light panel in, primed and ready:
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
I got the scoop filled in and ready to sand:
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is where I had 5/8" spacers and slot/drilled rotors put on withpainted brakes.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Here you can see where i filled in the scoop, ready for paint..
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
And Finally a side shot .......
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've been busy!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You've been busy!

Jonathan

I know, My fingers are very sensitive now due to all the sanding. typing is fun.......lol
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would like to thank you for the great info on the swap i followed it to the t and it was super helpful the only thing i was wondering was sealing the truck i have water getting in and was wondering if you have any pics that would be great
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He can't talk now. He's a new grandpa!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkcamaro:

i would like to thank you for the great info on the swap i followed it to the t and it was super helpful the only thing i was wondering was sealing the truck i have water getting in and was wondering if you have any pics that would be great

I purchased a "d" clip for both side (which you should get with the fast back conversion if the person was honest) and then you need a rear trunk seal. I'll post pics with in a day.

Here is a picture of my new Grandson!!
Cooper Gregory
Born: 2/27/13
Weight: 7lbs 9oz
Length: 21"
Has my broad sholders and big feet!

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 02-28-2013).]

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congratulations on the grandson
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkcamaro:

congratulations on the grandson

Thank You
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
This is the D plate under the fast back rear clip.
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the D plate under the fast back rear clip.

I never got that with my parts he said there where some missing parts so i guess that is one of them thank you very much
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock