Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics by CrazyDragn
Started on: 01-29-2012 06:43 PM
Replies: 223 (14866 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 08-26-2023 01:29 AM
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

Thanks man,

OK, here is some carbon fiber dashing I did

Is that water transfer printing?

IP: Logged
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did similar on mine. I bought a large piece of sticky vinyl on ebay. Stuck it on then cut away what wasn't needed.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 05-17-2012).]

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YE, you were the one who inspiredme to do that
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

Is that water transfer printing?

No, that is Air Brushed on using a pattern. This allows for the original plate to be used and when glossed over gives the 3D appearance of real carbon fiber.
Driver_WT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Driver_WTSend a Private Message to Driver_WTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used special HID LED lighting to make the halo's around the tailights which can be seen at night very well as in the day

Where did you get the HID LED lights?

Thanks.

Wade

------------------
1984 Fiero, Black notchback, 355 SBC, 4 speed

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Driver_WT:

Where did you get the HID LED lights?

Thanks.

Wade

These are truck lights that are recommended by PISA . Mearly there are 4" truck lights that I had dremmeled out to make fit but - they look aesome right!!!! You can also find them on ebay for a set of four for like 70to 80 bucks

The "halo" ring lighting was made from a forward shining HID ribbon light from AutoZone. they are about 12.99 to 18.99 each depending what color you get.

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-28-2012).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided to make a shallow mount subwoofer box that would fit under the passenger side dash:

Here is a picture of it under the passenger side dash....the left side was sagging because I forgot to screw in the bracket on the left side (LOL)
...This thing THUMPS!!!!!

thn I decided to leather u the side of the door where the arm rest is.......feels better than the fake stuff!

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 06-07-2012).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool project! I can't wait to hear it. Did you use component speakers in the dash? What brand and pics?

Jonathan
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In these pictures I addd the ground effeects but not on the doors. I think this looks cool, there are no holes in the notchie doors so it looks ike a small version of a wide body or "poor man's wide body". anyways I think it ooks cool.

As you know, I'm not a huge fastback fan but your "poor man's widebody" look is a great concept. I like it better than all ground effects or none at all.

Jonathan

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Cool project! I can't wait to hear it. Did you use component speakers in the dash? What brand and pics?

Jonathan

Yep 5 1/4's in dash nd an 8" shallow mount Kicker.....frickin ROCKS HARD!!!!!
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i took off all the bolts you covered in your thread and was lifting up on the notchback clip and my passenger sailpanel shattered into a thousand pieces. its on an 84, so since its already broke i found out there are a few bolts attaching them to the clip. was hoping to save those sail panels for my camaro hatchback coversion but it looks like more fiberglass work is in order.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the '84s sail panels were glass. The rest of them were plastic. Going with plastic will save some weight but it's a shame to have lost one of the rare glass panels. Too bad.

Jonathan
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the '84s sail panels were glass. The rest of them were plastic. Going with plastic will save some weight but it's a shame to have lost one of the rare glass panels. Too bad.

Jonathan

really? your kidding me i thought the shattering of the glass sail panels was some type of foam or pickle extract......
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

really? your kidding me i thought the shattering of the glass sail panels was some type of foam or pickle extract......

I know that YOU know that they are glass. Many others who read this may not and might have thought you were exaggerating. I was also attempting to be sympathetic to your problem. Apparently, no good deed goes unpunished. Go sweep your driveway.

Jonathan

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i know im just upset that i broke one, if it was plastic no biggie but it was a glass one .... :-( sorry
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

ya i know im just upset that i broke one, if it was plastic no biggie but it was a glass one .... :-( sorry

Understood. We're cool. If it helps any, I know RobsFieros had a set of the glass ones before his accident. Not sure if they survived the "help" that he received. You should try to contact him.

Jonathan

Fierotoyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotoyboySend a Private Message to FierotoyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a glass sail panel, great condition and the frame's good too. It even has the SE logo and I have an '85 SE that needs sails on both sides....

I just wonder if the glass one will fit in an '85 - it has studs in the places where the later cars have clips. Any ideas?

(Sorry to hijack your thread, but the subject of glass sails seemed sort of on-topic). BTW GREAT conversion. I'm not much of a fastback fan, but I do like the "poor man's wide-body" concept; I love the pointy nose of the non-aero cars.

[This message has been edited by Fierotoyboy (edited 06-15-2012).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i know i dunno if it will fit, i have a set of plastic ones laying around ill have to look.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Understood. We're cool. If it helps any, I know RobsFieros had a set of the glass ones before his accident. Not sure if they survived the "help" that he received. You should try to contact him.

Jonathan

ROB got more than anyone could imagine, he will never have to work again in his life, however - after how certain people were treated by him after his wreck - I'm not urei woulddo any business with him anymore.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009

Originally posted by Fierotoyboy:

I have a glass sail panel, great condition and the frame's good too. It even has the SE logo and I have an '85 SE that needs sails on both sides....

I just wonder if the glass one will fit in an '85 - it has studs in the places where the later cars have clips. Any ideas?

(Sorry to hijack your thread, but the subject of glass sails seemed sort of on-topic). BTW GREAT conversion. I'm not much of a fastback fan, but I do like the "poor man's wide-body" concept; I love the pointy nose of the non-aero cars.

Thnaks man. I think that the 84's were the ONLY year with glass sail panels. I DO KNOW that The Fiero Factory will have them. Hereis their address:
The Fiero Factory
8710B Highway 53
Toney, AL 35773
(256) 420-5391

I thought I covered the part were the sail panels were taken off but thanks for the heads up.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya its all good thanks for the info, theres some fieros at the local junk yard so im gonna head over there soon....er or later and see what they got.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ROB got more than anyone could imagine, he will never have to work again in his life, however - after how certain people were treated by him after his wreck - I'm not urei woulddo any business with him anymore.

I was referring to the people who "helped" themselves to his inventory. I don't know if it was his land lord, business partners, or just thieves that broke in. Rob told me that he got relieved of a large part of his stuff.

Jonathan

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened was that people came back togttheir belongings because his andlord was shadey. No one was certain about how he would deal with other peoples properties. I, being one of those who retrieved my property and brought it back home.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least that part is good. My conversation with Rob happened pretty early after the accident. He may have still been a bit fuzzy at the time. I have no first-hand knowledge about any parts or inventory that were found to be missing. I will say that in the few dealings that I had with Rob, I liked him a lot and he took very good care of my needs. Naturally, I wish him the best and I have no reservation to direct business his way.

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish him the best and Godspeed. I wish no ill towards anyone.
anyways, back to the build.......
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having to replae starter today after hearing that dreadful dingy chunky monkey metal sound during start, engine runs sooth but that starter has got to go!!!!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having to replae starter today after hearing that dreadful dingy chunky monkey metal sound during start, engine runs sooth but that starter has got to go!!!!

Remember the last time we did this? Got done and realized the battery cable was the problem the whole time! That sucked!

Jonathan

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember the last time we did this? Got done and realized the battery cable was the problem the whole time! That sucked!

Jonathan

LOL, YES I remember that!!!! OH MY
But this time the bolts were out of the starter and I was lucky to have another set!!!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I filled up with what i thought was going tobe good gas at an amaco/exxon station in Boones Creek TN. I thought my fuelpump was going bad when my car would warm up I couldn't press the gas pedel down too far without the engine acting like it was getting either way toomuch gas or not enough by tryingto shut down and not run well during exceleration. I was actually gtting ready to uy another fuel pump when I need to fill gas tank again. I filled it with NO ETHENAL gas and to my surprise - NO MORE PROBLEMS. I do believe that this gas station I refered to earlier had waterin the tank. just a warning........
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, sure as the world, I put regular with ethanol in my tank and whattaya know, my fueling issues arises again.

Therfore, I am never going to put anything in my tank other than gas with NO ETHANOL GAS!!!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I got pulled over by a police officer who stated "I was admiring your car - then I noticed your tags were expired".

I was actually gtting my other car out of the shop, I had to leave it there becuase i had no one to drive it home for me. So, I drove my fiero downtown to get to the bank so I could get my tags when I got pulled over. Quiet funny actually, though the police officer was very friendly and let me go so I could get my stickers, we tallked about the car for a few minutes then i was off.

Very Funny
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today I got pulled over by a police officer who stated "I was admiring your car - then I noticed your tags were expired".

I was actually gtting my other car out of the shop, I had to leave it there becuase i had no one to drive it home for me. So, I drove my fiero downtown to get to the bank so I could get my tags when I got pulled over. Quiet funny actually, though the police officer was very friendly and let me go so I could get my stickers, we tallked about the car for a few minutes then i was off.

Very Funny

Thats cool. Arkansas State Troopers will rip ya a new one if you get caught without any. Im sure it was a local police though and most of the time if they know you they will let you slide. Nice that he admired the car and let you slide but even cooler that yall had car talks afterwards!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at Verizon wireless tonight. When I came out there were two guys taking pictures of my car. I approached them and askedif tey needed any help. and thisis their reply;
Guys: "Have you ever seen the TV show, How I Met Your Mother?"
Me: "I've seen some previews but never watched the show."
Guys: "Well, there is a show where he has to get rid of his Fiero and we havn't seen one in so long we took a picture of yours. The Star of the Show is our best friend and we are going to send this to him and put it on his facebook."
the conversation we had afterthat was pretty cool. but I told them that if they put the pic up that they need to goto Pennocks Fiero Foru to show it off. I havn't seent he on here yet but who knows - maybe in the future.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, now gettingready to put on v8Archie Scoops with ground effects.
Also, getting ready to add Ferrari Wheels.
Once more, getting ready to put on the F355 front bumper.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you doing it yourself or having it done?

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ferrari front by fiero fiberglass.
side scoops with ground effects and fender add-in by: V8 Archie
Ferrari tires and rims from: ferrari

Very exciting
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mean are you doing the installation?

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mean are you doing the installation?

Jonathan

Yes, I'm going to do the installation here at the house. BTW, I think we may be moving soon. not far, just down the road accross from Walmart. Bigger house, more room and a garage!
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the move. I hope it works out. Be careful...economy and all!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New wheels are in, Took a picture at night, kind of blurry but - you get the idea:
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock