Started on: 08-09-2011 09:36 AM
Replies: 178 (6664 views)
Last post by: ericjon262 on 12-15-2013 09:13 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i got the coolant issue fixed, i think the clamp at the bottom left rear wasnt tight enough, tightened it down, and doesnt seem to have a problem now.

and the low voltage issue i think might be a bad TPS, every time i "tap" it, the tps % jumps from 0 to 14% tap it again and it droped down to 3%, flicked it and it went to 34% O.o

i *do* need to adjust the shift linkage a bit more still, bout to go start it and let it warmup again to makesure of the temp issue.

IP: Logged
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008
linkage fixed... car is DEF overheating :/ idk why, just tried to blead it out again, still does it, maybe need to take it somewhere and try having it pressure bleed.

PF Flyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm, i flushed the system out the first week after i bought the car and didnt have these issues, but you do know that your supposed to have the car running with the radiator cap half off while filling the system from the back, then seal it all up and loosen the bleeders and fill through the resovoir tank if needed?

good luck

mike
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PF Flyer:

hmm, i flushed the system out the first week after i bought the car and didnt have these issues, but you do know that your supposed to have the car running with the radiator cap half off while filling the system from the back, then seal it all up and loosen the bleeders and fill through the resovoir tank if needed?

good luck

mike

dont have a resovior tank. can you send me pics of how your coolant lines inthe back are setup?

PF Flyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill be out workin on the car tommorow, pm me your email.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My engine bled pretty easily. I have an inline coolant fill between the drivers side coolant tube and the thermostat housing. Fill up the radiator and coolant tank in the front, close them up. Then on the back used one of these

let the car run for a while, squeezing the hose. Even let it sit one night full to gravity bleed if possible. Heater works great and car runs at 195ish all day long.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just drilled the main holes out of the flanges for the 3500 manifolds, now hopefully i can get this coolant system straightened out tomorrow, maybe some exhaust bolted on (flex tubing) and ill be happy :P
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
made a small inprovement to rodneys clutch line repair today, i never have like compression fittings, so i picked up 2 6mm bubble flare fittings and a union, flared out the lines, and tightened them down. in MD compression fittings fail inspection anyway, so might aswell not have any issues down the road..

so.. today nexteldude stopped by to change the coil and module on his 88 duke, and i decided to just remove the rear filler next i put in that seemed to be the cap that kept leaking, i took it out, and was just gona toss it to the side, and he tookoff the cap, looks at my and goes "shouldnt this be round?" yep... it somehow deformed.. the one inlet tube and the cap housing were both egged, cheap pos plastic junk.... the cars never overheated, just wouldnt bleed... welp, pretty sure that could be why... will let you know tomorrow, got too dark to finish tonight.

side story, he changed out the module and coils, gets in car, starts right up.... 30min later, goes to leave, get in car... no start... brand new module was bad, was def a day of "fiero issues"...
hopefully no more issues tomorrow lol.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008
double post

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 12-03-2011).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
took car around the block for its first "trip" seems to run pretty good, loud as all hell (no exhaust yet), brake/wheel bearing sound comign from what sounded like left rear, gona have to check into that.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much of an update but its an update..

need new pigtail for the TPS, its only working when it wants to, tested the sensor, its fine. sound coming from the left rear sounds like brakes, 2 cold to be out there (i hate cold)

new issues, went to start the car, starter "free spun" hit the key again and it started, but sound like something "rattling" from down low, not sure from exactly where, ima have to pull the starter off and see whats going on....

if it wasnt for badluck, id have no luck.
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be a bad CTS connector, a bad PCM connection or bad splices on either the +5v or the black return ground wire. Don't forget if the +5 to the TPS is lost, the blue wire will have 0v on it. If the black wire goes open then the PCM will show the CTS at 100%.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Could be a bad CTS connector, a bad PCM connection or bad splices on either the +5v or the black return ground wire. Don't forget if the +5 to the TPS is lost, the blue wire will have 0v on it. If the black wire goes open then the PCM will show the CTS at 100%.

just checked it all out, 5v stays good, stays, the only thing droping is the signal wire.
and i was "testing" with everything else disconnects, cts - map. so im 99.99% sure its just the pigtail, it looks like poo to begin with :P

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 12-11-2011).]

KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do seem to have terrible luck my friend...Are you going to be able to take it for a ride this year or not?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KaijuSenso:

You do seem to have terrible luck my friend...Are you going to be able to take it for a ride this year or not?

*looks at the calendar* hrm... im only going to have 3days off befroe newyears, so i might not :/
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
phonedawgz - just sent you a PM.. you give me an answer ill buy ya a case of beer lol...

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, well fixed that issue.... dont ask what it was, was really really dumb... lets just say, make sure all testing equipment is in working order before tracking down a problem....

while doing that tho, i did *ALOT* of tidying up on the harness from the original i had made. ill get pics once i get it back in the car.

anyway, i just order an ECM tray from local dealer, one from a like 00 S-10, i think i read someone here used the same on a 3800 swap, but heres some pics i found of it on ls1tech

that should fit nicely in the factory ecu location.

KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the PCM installed in the factory location yet? You just reminded me that mine isn't technically bolted down yet so I'd like to see how this worked out for you Any other updates? I know it's getting snowy now...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KaijuSenso:

Did you get the PCM installed in the factory location yet? You just reminded me that mine isn't technically bolted down yet so I'd like to see how this worked out for you Any other updates? I know it's getting snowy now...

i opted to mount my ECU behind the drivers seat, im going to put a sub in the center console, and didnt want it to get in the way, so i figured to think ahead for once and not put the ecu there :P
this also gives me easy access to it incase of issues.
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok it's been a while, any updates? It's almost spring!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not really been busy with work, no free time lately :/
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind, I just read another post you made and it made my statement pointless.

Double edit: Damnit you caught me before I edited it.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-08-2012).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I used that PCM holder for mounting it on the outside in the engine bay, don't think it'll work in the cabin under the center console, too big. But who knows.

it fits there... but i opted for behind the seat, i wana put a good sub in the center.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so uhm... took it for a test drive today, ran great before the metal grinding sound

.... i need a new alternator, ill post pics of why tomorrow,
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awe man, that would happen. I also pulled out my Fiero this weekend, time to start fixing the things I missed last year
firejo24

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firejo24Send a Private Message to firejo24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what's wrong with the first 3500, the piston broke

Glad I could help
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, i had the alt off for 1 reason or another lasttime i worjed on the car, weeks ago... WELL for some reason ndver put in the 2 lower bolts...
sgrieve

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgrieveSend a Private Message to sgrieveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You gotta get it fixed so we can pull off a Maryland get together.
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why have there not been updates on this project for a very very long time!?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
promotion at work, home life, kids, etc etc... car runs, drives, still needs exhaust, cant find a local shop that doesnt want to 100% rip me off (ive gotten quotes from $700-$2400 for just crushbent no muffler exhaust)

now im about to move, and not sure i can work on the car there, so i might be forced to sell :/
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bring your car up to me i'll build you a nice exhaust for about $400

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 5speed soon to have a 3800 sc

87 GT 3400 5spd-- FOR SALE --

PFF
System Bot
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could just go the bolt on route and get the Trueleo exhaust like I did. Cheap? no but sounds better then the custom shop choices you've shown. Again, if only you were closer...
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I got my swap running I just got a muffler shop to make flanges and a y-pipe going to the stock muffler. With a new battery tray also, cost was $400. Personally I was pretty happy with the result. And if I want to, I can upgrade the muffler later.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates on status of the car, its still running, only use it to goto the store and back (still no exhaust).... took it to 4 exhaust shops today that "needed to see it" even know i took pictures etc w/ me... $1250, $900, "atleast a grand or more" and an "i wont do it, not worth my time"

ordering Ubends this weekend.. ill cut up the pieces and mark them all, find someone to weld it for me.. cant belive exhaust is that hard to find around here....
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for update.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates is the car itself Is in rough condition (as seen from some of the pics) im saving up to have turbo headers / Y / downpipe to be made, and move the whole engine over to the mint 88 I picked up...

for those who haven't seen... a turbo 3500 will be moved into this in spring / summer

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
turbo 3500... copycat :P
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ericjon262

3082 posts
Member since Jan 2010

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
so, how did you guys do your throttle cables? :P

Lol, just saw this... my throttle cable was no-where near mounted when this was posted....

Mine is a little bit different though....

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought... Because bolt-ons don't.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hrm... loving that flipped intake..... makes for ton's of room on the other side.... might have to revisit your build thread before I move my engine over, you got any dyno #'s or track times yet?
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

hrm... loving that flipped intake..... makes for ton's of room on the other side.... might have to revisit your build thread before I move my engine over, you got any dyno #'s or track times yet?

Man I wish. the HTOB blew when I was putting it together, and I didn't have time to fix it before I left for boot camp, now the car is 600 miles away and very lonely...

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought... Because bolt-ons don't.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock