Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Born to be Blue......... A build diary (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Born to be Blue......... A build diary by infinitewill
Started on: 03-07-2010 10:46 PM
Replies: 120 (7385 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 03-18-2015 10:38 PM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-19-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I,

I ordered the same wheel for my 88 and they do AMAZING work! You'll be very happy with the look and feel.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

You went with a thicker diameter as well? I had thicker wheels on my Cobras and they fit my hands better. I have had Don do a couple of wheels in the past but they were stock (non-Fieros as well). Great work!

\/\/

I did - the quality of work is just top notch. I'm very happy with my purchase!
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had no idea that such was available. It's stunning! thanks for sharing.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, I have always disliked the feel of the stock steering wheel wishing there was a bit more to it.

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That steering wheel looks awesome and very nice that it is factory looking but I called that guy and it is NOT CHEAP!!! Of course quality work should not be but I think for my money an aftermarket wheel may be my best bet as my factory wheel is kinda rough looking. Very nice touch tho.... enjoy it...peace

Pete
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

2291 posts
Member since Jan 2010
Oh and another thing, I REALLY like the looks of the side scoops on the conceptual drawing of your car. Are these available somewhere or are they something you dreamed up, either way they really look cool on that car in the picture. Peace

Pete
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Oh and another thing, I REALLY like the looks of the side scoops on the conceptual drawing of your car. Are these available somewhere or are they something you dreamed up, either way they really look cool on that car in the picture. Peace

Pete

Jimmy has them at Fiero Fiberglass. I believe his stick out a little rather than recess but I could be wrong.
http://fierofiberglass.com/...s/Cayman01Large.html
http://fierofiberglass.com/...ages/SideScoops.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-31-2010).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I have not seen them before, they do look nice but I am thinking I like the ones in the picture up top better. Does anyone have some pics of these installed and painted on a car? I had been favoring the more simple arced ones that he sells but the ones in this thread really make the car look more aggressive. Perhaps it is just my taste is all..... peace

Pete
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a new steering wheel from Dallas custom steering wheel. I was very, very impressed with the craftsmanship...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you coming along on this, must have some time off eh?

Im still plugging away on my upgrades, hopefully the car will be back on the road in a few months. I need to update my build thread......

-Joe
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that steering wheel Will! What is a ballpark figure that he charges to do the re-wraps?

I look forward to seeing you on Aug 24th here in West Palm Beach for the Photoshop class. Maybe during the lunch break, I can treat you to lunch, and we can Talk all things Fiero

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i DO NOT like the way Fastbacks look, but dang that is hot. i like that lol
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know about the Ferrari front end but hey, if you can pull it off and make it look good than man that will be one cool fiero gt. I like the blue too. As a choice of engine option go with an LSx motor that would be cool too.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Gt (has every option available from that year including factory leather, 5-speed, and the rare T-Tops: Black w/ gray interior and blk wheels)
1992 GMC Typhoon #0203
1971Chevorlet Corvette 454cu/ LS5/ 4-speed/ convertible
1993 BMW 850 Ci 6-speed V-12

PFF
System Bot
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am going to be back in Tampa on Oct 26th doing a Photoshop workshop. This you WILL be there Did Jimmy ever get the parts I left with you?

Fair enough, I have plenty of time to schedule the day off, count me in. And the plates are in the mail, I went to his house that weekend and forgot to bring them, Im sure you heard about that.

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

As a choice of engine option go with an LSx motor that would be cool too.

Heh *snickers*

-Joe
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-18-2015).]

NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the red lenses from or are they just off the shelf... I wish someone would come up with a replacement outer lense for the SE to get rid of the clouds and scratches...

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look really good so far Will.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool build so far man, can't wait to see what those taillights look like installed on the car
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I want to give a little plug to Dodgerunner for his outstanding belt tensioner. I knew I wasn't getting the most out of my alternator and I thought it might be on it's last leg. I am also amazed how intertwined so many electrical problems are. For example, my car sits at the airport a lot and I nearly always come home very late at night. More often than not when I turn on my headlights my right bucket didn't come up all the way. I wrongly assumed it was a headlight in need of a rebuild. After installing Rory's belt tensioner last week my voltometer is reading 3 volts higher and my headlights come all the way up and my once very slow window lifts now work very fast. Awesome product and a great asset to the Fiero community. Thanks Rory!

Pics of the belt tensioner?
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, the lights look good so far! I was looking through the service manual thinking about your turn signal/brake light thing you would like to accomplish. The problem is, I forgot exactly what you are trying to accomplish versus what you have now. PM me with the details and I will do my best to offer a solution.

-Joe
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! That looks Awsome!
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice mod, can't wait to see if finished.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock